[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/CCT/ Career and Cert Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Network+.png (69 KB, 2111x1166) Image search: [Google]
Network+.png
69 KB, 2111x1166
What are you working towards? Need advice? Share your study resources!

Post it in here

If you've got a tech career:

>Job Title
>Years of Experience
>Degrees/Certs
>How did you find/get job
>Pay
>Location
>>
>Job Title
NOC Technician
>Years of Experience
>Degrees/Certs
Net+, CCNA
>How did you find/get job
job board
>Pay
>Location
midwest
>>
brother is in currently in 8th grade and is going to get his windows office cert
networking+
and a+ cert this year
what job would he get with those certs?
>>
>>52411734
8th grade? He's what 15? Uhh, most places aren't going to hire him..maybe as helpdesk or technician job would most likely be where he'd need to look.
>>
what's the work like in school districts? Looking at applying for an entry level position
>>
>>52411764
i was more like 12-13
>>
>>52412599
He wouldn't get hired, not until 16. And even then you would need a specific permit in some states to even get hired which is a huge hassle and why you almost never see 16 year olds holding a job in a non-family business.
>>
>>52411734
What school is offering certs at that grade?
>>
>>52413116
he is getting his microsoft office cert from his physical school and the others an online course his school district offers

hopefully he would get a scholarship and get into cs :^)
>>
>>52413116
>>52413125
and for the school district its in florida not going to get into details for obvious reasons
>>
>>52411282
>What are you working towards? Need advice? Share your study resources!
>Post it in here
>If you've got a tech career:
>>Job Title
CST
>>Years of Experience
>>Degrees/Certs
None
>>How did you find/get job
Knowing someone and being clever
>>Pay
~67k/year
>>Location
Canadia
>>
thinking about taking a ccna class @ community college in spring (feb 22-jul-12). i know a decent chunk of networking and have noc experience. should i even bother with network+ or just focus on ccna
>>
File: can-stock-photo_csp16540138.jpg (29 KB, 300x470) Image search: [Google]
can-stock-photo_csp16540138.jpg
29 KB, 300x470
Alright guys I know this is going to sound like a NEET meme but I am trying to figure out what careers make the most money in these fields. Something obtainable that you have to work hard for and not ridiculous like being the CEO of apple. Any opinions?
>inb4 software developer meme
>>
Free exam answers for everyone http://www.examcollection.com/ Don't pay for anything there, just download a cracked VCE reader.
>>
>>52413243
become a sys admin it's a comfy job that pays decent money
>>
>>52413226
Go straight for CCNA. Network+ becomes irrelevant after CCNA. Here are all the answers. Look up which exam you're going to do and just memorise a VCE file, it's what everyone does anyway. http://www.examcollection.com/cisco_exams.html

Don't pay for anything there, just login with http://bugmenot.com/ , download a VCE and get yourself a cracked VCE reader.

The system is broken. Everyone cheats, and those that don't only fool themselves thinking they're better.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.