[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder to dump all Apple stock now that 65% of their revenue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: the real reason apple is dead.png (815 KB, 1189x915) Image search: [Google]
the real reason apple is dead.png
815 KB, 1189x915
Reminder to dump all Apple stock now that 65% of their revenue is dead.
>>
but iPhones have always costed $200+ on contract
>>
>>52403713
A lot of people I know (which maybe doesn't say a lot but I'm sure this is true for others as well) bought their iPhones "on-sale." Many providers near me do sales on iPhones constantly when you do a contract with an iPhone (so sub 200 pricing). I actually took advantage of one where I think I payed $50 for an iPhone when renewing my contract and ended up unlocking and selling it for full price and then buying a Nexus 6.
>>
>>52403686
>he hasn't dropped apple stock yet

you're too late

also

>being invested in this market at all right now

unless you're shorting or having fun with some inverse ETFs, you're fucking dumb
>>
>>52403686
>those free phones were never actually free

well no shit, only retards believe that.

Also you probably want everyone to sell the applestock so you can buy it yourself. don't you op?
>>
This article is stupid.

The price of your phone will no longer be 'baked' into your phone plan price. It will now be a separate item.
The plan and the phone will now be two separate items that won't be tied to each other.

Old way
> $200 iphone + 75/month phone plan for 2 years
> $2,000 total over 2 years

New way
>$200 phone + $50/month phone plan + $25/month phone fee
>still the same $2,000 over 2 years

There might not be a contract to sign per say, but you can't leave the carrier without being hit with a bill for whatever is remaining on your phone free.
>>
>>52403926
>well no shit, only retards believe that.
So iPhone owners.
>>
>>52403790
>unlocking
wait.
The first iphone came out in 2007
All carriers in civilised world stopped locking phones some time around 2000-2005.
wtf is going on
>>
>>52404385
>civilised world
>murrica
>>
This is why I firmly believe that one

1) Shouldn't get phones on contract
2) Should buy an unlocked phone that fits your budget

I bought a 6+ a few months back because I've got enough spare change to do that every couple years, but if I didn't I wouldn't have gotten a 6+ on contract. I probably would've bought a 5C or OnePlus or something.

This really isn't rocket science.
>>
>>52404508
>I bought a 6+ a few months back because I've got enough spare change to do that every couple years,
so.. its very similar to a contract then ?

You buy a new unlocked phone every couple of years, or people on a contract get a new phone every 2 years. Same shit.
>>
>>52404707
The difference is that I paid up front in cash, so carriers can't overcharge me for the phone and I'm not ever chained to any paricular carrier (I do prepaid). It also means I can sell the thing as soon as two weeks after purchase if it turns out I don't like the phone.
>>
>>52404743
>over charge you
the price is the same if you buy outright or 24/month the phone from the carrier.

And you do know there are return policies on phones, right ?

>I'm not ever chained to any paricular carrier (I do prepaid).
While I understand the freedom , the majority of people stay with the same carrier for years.
>>
>>52404790
The majority of americans also use windows and shop at walmart but that doesn't make it smart or good.

None of the carriers are good enough to have my guaranteed loyalty for two years, and aside from that it's nice knowing that I'm not forced into buying a cheap shitphone if I want to use a phone while traveling overseas.
>>
>>52404938
so you haven't made any counter points other than

> I'm not forced into buying a cheap shitphone if I want to use a phone while traveling overseas.
because unlocking is so hard..

which is kind of weird seeing how few americans actually take their vacation days, and even how fewer of those travel anywhere outside of the country.

Seems like your justifying your choices with things that don't even apply to you, like traveling outside of the country.
>>
>>52403966
The new way is still 100x better than the old way.

First, you're not required to buy the highest end phone so if you can live with a cheaper one, you get a lower monthly payment than what you listed. Or you can just pay in full immediately.

Second, you can switch carriers whenever you like. No contracts.

Third, your bill goes down once your phone is paid off instead of paying for it forever. Old model fucked you over if you didn't immediately renew every 2 years.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.