[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You all hate Windows Phone so much, but have you even tried it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
You all hate Windows Phone so much, but have you even tried it?
>>
>botnet phone
>>
>>52396052
Literally every phone
>>
>>52396081
>this one more than others
>>
>>52396027
Had a 920
It was great
But I'm happier with my G3
>>
>>52396027
i have the lumia 640xl
got it cos i've used both apple and android
have to admit its pretty shit despite the price and camera, etc
they dont have any apps
the email is decent for work
but android and ios cant do just as good and better in all areas
>>
File: 20160107_013811.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
20160107_013811.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
>>52396027
Bro i don't need to try it. That's like if the media told me the newest camera has a 10 second delay before i can start the car. Now do i need to experience said car before properly giving it mg evaluation? No i fucking dont 10 second delay is bullshit why fuck would even do that.

Fuck off. Windows is going to die because Microcuck refuses to acklowdhe partners and refuses to fix obvious bugs.

Where's the video?

Someonepost the fucking video

Of what you aask?

Of Microcuck 10 Dumbass phone fucking up on stupid shit.

Oh my god.

A $600+ phone having obvious glitches and constant crashes. It's Android gingerbread all over again..

Fuck you OP.

I don't even understand why this is an argument.

I'll say it it agsinbbrcaise you don't fucking get it..

MICROSOFT IS SELLING A $600 DEVICE THAT COMES WITH GLIRCHES AND IS BUGGY TO HIGH HELL AND PEOPLE STILL WONDEF WHY THE FUCK WINDOWS IS FAILING.
>>
>>52396027
m$ just released a windows 10 rom for xiaomi mi4. considering changing.

wanted to change to paranoid anyways since i hate the stock os
>>
I like windows phone, it's just very limited in application. It looks and feels very nice
>>
>>52396027
>You all hate poo in loo so much, but have you even tried it?
>>
ill buy the surface phone
>>
Yes I tried it, literally no apps, all of them feel like half assed conversion jobs or Web Apps, NO YOUTUBE (inb4 it's google's fault, I just care about the end product), no social apps, couldn't find apps for Cabs And shit in my city, maps app sucks, Micro dick made lots of promises and didn't deliver eg- Android app support, Devs don't give a fuck about updates unless something is seriously broken and people whine. Biggest apps like Instagram are updated once in a year. Stick your Curry phone up your ass you shill. Also I'd rather not look like a poverty stricken asshole.
>>
As a person who needs a phone to talk, write short messages, use the navigation, read emails and surf the web its perfect.
>>
I have one, Windows Phones are good if you treat them for what they are: a tool.
If your life revolves around your phone you should get something else though.
>>
Yes I have one. Went from a Galaxy Nexus to Lumia 640 after buying a 520 on ebay to try and realizing its not that bad. Battery life is the tits. Apps are mostly okay. W10M is definitely not ready yet though. I expect the app situation to get much better once developers realize they can easily port their apps to PC, Mobile, and Xbox if they make a UWP.
>>
>>52396910
Actually, if you need good public transportation shit like >>52396826, you're probably fucked. There is uber and lyft though. Also there are multiple youtube apps, and plenty of games. Good twitter, 4chan, whatsapp, line, tinder, instagram (snapchat is missing, and the flavor of the month SV iOS apps are missing too), etc. Good integration with windows 10 too.
>>
>>52396923
In the Netherlands WP has 9292 which is the most used PT and all you need really.
>>
>>52396027
>mfw no compelling reason to buy a 940 over a 640
It performs well... but it's just kinda lacking.
>>
>>52396081
Nope. Android without GApps.
>>
If there's no absolutely no FUCKING lag, decent offline maps and driving navigation I would gladly switch from my note 3. I just did a reset and it literally takes fucking 5 seconds to open the camera.
Why the fuck is it using 2gb out of 2.71gb of ram?
>>
>>52397010
>no lag
there is some, of course, but it's better than Android
>decent offline maps
perfect offline maps
>driving navigation
not really.
>>
>>52396088
No one has as much botnet as google does. But nice try shill.
>>
>>52396105
Schizophrenia detected. Spiders.
>>
I have a Lumia 640 and it does everything I need pefectly well. I have no complaints.

But I only use my phone to make calls, send the occasional short message, take a picture now and again, and driving navigation, which is actually super great. The voice giving directions has a slight speech impediment and it fucking cracks me up every time. Makes long journeys less boring.
>>
File: 1429407303893.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1429407303893.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>52396027
First for 640 is GOAT 2nd-bottom-budget phone.

Just got the latest Insider build. It feels as solid as 8.1 now. I'm excited as fuck. Pic related, MFW.

>>52396939
>>mfw no compelling reason to buy a 940 over a 640
What about the camera with the 4th gen optic-stabilisation?
>>
>>52396027
why would I
>>
File: 1.jpg (296 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
296 KB, 1080x1920
Windows phone has any and all apps I've ever needed. Offline maps, MetroTube (the best YouTube app I've ever used), and plenty of entertainment options. Free manga browsers. Full emulators in the app store. The only thing is lacks is dedicated apps for fucking social media sites that are niche at best. I don't understand how that could be make or break for someone unless they were a huge faggot or an e-celebrity.
>>
>>52396027

I been going through the Windows Store for the last three hours testing the different podcast apps on there which is the main thing I need my phone to do in order to quit carrying two devices.

Half of them were last updated in 2014 or earlier, the other half has been updated all the way to 2016.

Most can't do the basic functions they are supposed to do. PocketCasts in particular is about as good as its gonna get and even then it is a crippled version of its Android self.

Other than that, great sound quality, great call quality, it has a full html browser, phones with great cameras.

That's where it ends anon, even with W10m which it does improve a lot, it feels incredibly buggy, things seem fluid at first and then that feeling of wow is replaced with frustration because the animations are only there to get in your way, things are difficult for the sake of just being difficult. UX is shit. Didn't even get on the no app bandwagon.

Microsoft itself has abandoned the platform the day they decided their ios and Android apps would have more functionality and priority than their own platform.
>>
Mandatory post, yeah, used it since 8 came out.
Spent 2014 on android, been on WP since.
I have a 530, use it as a phone, hotspot, and for emails. Nothing more.
I have a zenfone for fun, it's great, I don't need to trust anything other than my 530.
Kinda feel bad for not owning something more pricey.
Wish I could support WP more. I'll be pissed if it dies.
>>
File: 1VvPW.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1VvPW.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
>>52398009
>>
>>52396105
I've had three windows phones and I've never had any glitches, crashes, or lagging at all. The OS is solid as fuck.
>>
The UI has always been nice but the phones have lacked in other features. They have been thick as bricks, which is nice for some of the users, but for most that rules them out. Newer models are slimmer, like 640. But where the fun really starts is with the 950. I tested a prototype of it, and it felt good. Then I was shown a production model and it was just like any other slim phone but with a very large set of features it could do. Most of them aren't essential, it's more like showing off engineering. But I like that a lot.

I would certainly use the iris-scanner. Then you have the option to connect the phone to a computer screen and use your phone as a miniature computer. For browsing etc it's entirely fine. The dock allows for multible usb connections so you can have a keyboard and a mouse and after that it's like a real computer.
>>
>>52396027
I have,. and that's why i hate it less than i hate android and iPhones. it's the least worst phone.
>>
File: woody 4chan.png (558 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
woody 4chan.png
558 KB, 720x720
>>52398793
>>
File: Jolla_PoppyRed.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Jolla_PoppyRed.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
>>52396081
Not this one.
>>
>>52398254
The maps app is pretty shit.
It doesn't even have routes for cycling.
Only really works when you know the street adress
Good luck getting reasonable hits by company name etc
>>
>>52396027
Had 2
>dat back button behavior
>those apps
Switched to Android, no regrets
>>
>>52398995
The UI is pretty smoothly designed
>>
>>52396933
>9292 which is the most used PT and all you need really.

OVinfo is way better.
>>
>>52396027
Yes. It was good, even great for how cheap it was. However pretty much every app was inferior to its android version, and push notifications sucked shit.
>>
Yes

And I don't like it indeed
>>
i had one.this is the shittiest piece of junk i ever had.
>>
i tried
900/930/1020/520
wp7/wp8/wp8.1/windows 10 mobile
trust me
it is shit
it is ok dumbphone though
>>
I bought a Lumia 535 because it was going super cheap and love it. When it dies or I have money to burn I'll definitely get another Lumia.
>>
I have a 950. It's fine. It doesn't have Snapchat. That's about my only complaint. Could it be better? Yeah, but so could iOS and Android. I've used everything, and they all suck in their own unique ways. Don't understand the circlejerk over any of them.
>>
as a former wp owner. it's bad, really bad. only good thing about it, its interface. That's it.
-lack of apps. it's like a desert.
-that fcking loading message when you open a app.
- even nokia fucked up by switching to windows.
-Default search engine is bing and they say it only works well if you're in usa.
-They praised cortana and it only works in couple of countries i think.
-can't change dns and its vpn is shit.
-lol they didn't even have screen rotation lock till win 8.1
i use windows on my computer and i don't understand how the fuck microsoft managed to be so bad at on mobile software.
>>
>>52401317
-can't ring and vibrate at the same time. if you a have long ringtone and it is at low volume good luck at noticing it when someone calls you.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.