[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pebble stuck in Factory Mode "Update Failed"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 51DrVw0JZJL._SL1000_.jpg (44 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
51DrVw0JZJL._SL1000_.jpg
44 KB, 1000x1000
I bought a Pebble on eBay for $15 that was stuck in recovery mode, and it seemed to update successfully out of Recovery Mode. It then prompted me to connect via bluetooth to my phone and open the Pebble app.

Upon doing so, the Pebble app tells me my Pebble is in Factory Mode and needs to be updated.

I click the update button and all seems well until around 50% at which a caution sign pops up on the Pebble with the words "update failed" below.

Is there a fix for this or should I try to get an RMA? I doubt very seriously they'll give me an RMA, though, if we're being honest here.

I tried putting it in recovery mode, but that isn't working with it being in factory mode. Any help is greatly appreciated,
>>
>>52383819
Try multiple times and with a different phone if possible. Flaky Bluetooth connections cause mine to do that.
>>
Give it back Jamal
>>
>the software update to my watch failed and now it can't tell the time

What a time to be alive.
>>
>>52383849
Well, had I not paid for it I probably would at this point.
>>
>>52383865
I know, man. I know.
>>
Trying to sideload older firmware from PebbleBits now, but for some reason my G4 isnt associating the .pbz file with the Pebble app.
>>
Downloaded Pebble 1.9.6 APK and trying to downgrade that way, but I think it's a lost cause. I'm going to assume that you guys aren't going to be able to help me, but just in case I'll leave this tab open.

I'm gonna go look around on Google and the Pebble forums some more for now.
>>
>>52383819
Or you can use their tech support and not bother us
>>
>>52384103
I have also contacted tech support, but they're a very unresponsive bunch.

I'm always on /g/, and I help if I can... not sure why you guys will go into a thread just to babble about not wanting to help. Why waste your time?
>>
>>52384126
Someone who is always on /g/ would know that this isn't a tech support forum
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.