[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Apple invented f.lux? Linux BTFO again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 20
File: Capture.jpg (92 KB, 1206x757) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
92 KB, 1206x757
Where were you when Apple invented f.lux?

Linux BTFO again
>>
>>52378930
integrating features the customer wants?

whats wrong with that?
>>
>>52378958
>whats wrong with that?
they claim it's something new and applefags will believe it.
>>
>>52378980
she me where they say it is new?

saying its a new feature doesn't count because thats the truth. show me where apple claims to have invented the idea.
>>
>>52379028
>she

show. god damn...
>>
MUCH INNOVATION. WOW
>>
>>52378930
>that font rendering
>>
>>52379444
I zoomed out a lot to screenshot.
>>
>>52378930
>being this butthurt that Google hasn't included basic features in Android yet

Twilight is complete shit compared to flux
>>
File: constanza.jpg (302 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
constanza.jpg
302 KB, 1000x750
>>52379444
>font-rendering.jpg
>>
>circadian rhythm

it's a fucking sleep cycle, pretentious wankers.

Also, don't you just love it when your screen changes colour over the course of the day just to make sure that whatever you did doesn't quite look right in a few hours time? Ever tried playing a game with a "warm colour" setting on? Completely ruins the feel. "muh games" okay so let's talk about the pretentious artists who use macs? They'll appreciate not knowing if the colour they're planning is the actual colours.

But hey, you can turn it off so no biggie, right?
Oh wait. News flash. Literally everything else has the same option, but just off by default.
Wow apple, such innovation.
>>
Omg Apple did it again.
Magical and revolutionary at the same time.
>>
holy shit wow.

i could have said ' the new apple with apple ' and macfags would have bought it for this new unique software advantage . . .
>>
I'm on iOS right now with self compiled flux and it's buggy as fuck. This feature can't come soon enough.
>>
>>52378930
>Windows doesn't have this feature
>Linux doesn't have this feature
>Android doesn't have this feature
>it's a feature that's commonly wanted by the community, and often people install third party programmes to get this feature
>Apple implements it in their devices, and they don't even claim they invented it
>"hurr durr appel is le stealin memes again g-guise pls"
>>
H...how can i achieve that on wangblows or linbux? Its sounds nice.
>>
>>52379895
>Windows has this feature
>Linux has this feature
>Android has this feature
>it's a feature that's commonly wanted by the community, and often people install third party programmes to get this feature
>Apple prevents it on their devices because "we know best"
>realizes they're full of shit so they steal it and add it to iOS five years late as they are with every feature
>"hurr durr appel is so amazing, based apple, appl duz it agen!"
>>
>>52379918
le code it yourself, muh open source-ness
>>
>>52378930
actually sir they did not invent f.lux;actually what we are seeing is the synergy of apple products with redshift.
>>
>>52378930
>screen that automatically adapts to environment
>my lagdroid phone had that for years
I'm not really seeing the innovation here, except you have to have gps and geolocation on ALL THE FUCKING TIME
>>
>>52378930
>Many studies have shown that exposure to bright blue light in the evening can effect your circadian rhythms
WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T PLAY ON YOUR FUCKING IPAD ALL THE TIME THEN
>>
>all this butthurt

delicious
>>
>>52379929
It's not in fucking Windows, Linux or Android, unless you install third party apps/programmes.
You could also already install this on your iPhone.
>"b-but anon then you'd have to jailbreak"
It's a 1-click procedure that, if you can't do properly, you shouldn't be on /g/
>wanting to hate Apple this much
>>
>>52379946
>except you have to have gps and geolocation on ALL THE FUCKING TIME

Where does it say this?
>>
File: redshift.jpg (7 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
redshift.jpg
7 KB, 256x256
>>52378930
>Linux BTFO again
>>
>>52379968
Linux is just a kernel without third party programs.
dipshit
>>
>>52379946
what are you hiding? GPS is the only way to know your true position so that the app can change it's lightning according to your climate
>>
>>52379991
He probably means GNU/Linux, so it's actually a kernel AND Emacs.
>>
>>52379455
CM comes with LiveDisplay by default tho.
>>
File: 1449887487296.jpg (195 KB, 737x1132) Image search: [Google]
1449887487296.jpg
195 KB, 737x1132
>>52379991
The average tech illiterate newfag doesn't know that anon
>>
>>52379968
Are you stupid? Basic color management facilities exist in a those OSes. Color management allows you to fucking change the white point just like those shitty third party apps. Now frick off dipshit
>>
>>52379991
okay then the average GNU/Linux distribution, including the biggest and most popular like Linux Mint, Arch, Gentoo, Ubuntu (Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Ubuntu MATE, etc.), Debian, Linux Mint, Fedora, OpenSUSE, gNewSense, ElementaryOS, Mageia, CentOS, Slackware, and many, many, many more.

In fact, find me one GNU/Linux distro with f.lux or similar programme installed?

Oh, you can't? Okay, here's what we're gonna do, do a quick google search, just type in "how to improve reading comprehension when you're fucking retarded", and you're all set. When you're done with that, come back, and rethink your argument.
>>
>>52379970
>...uses iOS device's clock and GeoLocation
>>
>>52379991
>Linux is just a kernel without third party programs.
That's just one way to interpret it.
The other way is that it's a kernel with bundled userland programs to enable comfortable user experience.
Both are valid, despite what RMS says.
>>
>>52379968
Nothing is installed by default on Linux you fucking mong.
>>
>>52380017
Yes, manually, which isn't the point of the software, it's that it happens automatically. I realise timers exist, but there is no dedicated programme within any of these operating systems capable of both timing but also timing according to when sunset happens where you live, precisely more or less.

You could also adjust the colours of your iPhone already, but that's not the point of this software, dipshit
>again, if you can't jailbreak an iPhone, you're a newfag illiterate fucktard
>>
>>52380029
Where does it say all the time though?
>>
>>52380018
Redshift is in the debian repositories and the package is maintained by the distro authors. There's literally no reason to ask for it to be preinstalled, or do you want every single package that's available preinstalled too? Have fun installing a distro for half a day.
>>
>>52379918

F.lux or Twilight senpai
>>
>>52380050
This
>>
File: screenshot.png (79 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
79 KB, 1366x768
>>52380050
But that's my point, you fucking idiot. You can choose on Linux whether or not to use it, Apple has now implemented that you can also choose, without jailbreaking, and they're getting shit why? By that logic, everyone who tries to put this on their devices are stealing, because they're doing the same thing?

Oh no, it's because you have no critical thinking, because all the time you've spent on /v/ has made you angry about how none of Apple's tech is "le gaymen equipment", that you have some need to hate on one of the most successful tech companies ever.

Basically you're retarded, and you hate Apple for no good reason.
I'm not even a Macfag, I do have a MacBook but I mainly us my main laptop for everything (pic related), as it dualboots Arch and Windows which is pretty useful
>>
>>52380045
One, redshift dipshit which includes a daemon that will auto fuck up your color based on your time and location.

Two, "jailbreaking" your phone with nonfree chinkshit malware doesn't make it better.
>>
>>52380082
>German

Post disregarded,
>>
>>52380082
>archfag trying to have an opinion
cute
>>
>>52380082
>taskbar on top

Kill yourself mactard.
>>
>>52379028
You know damn well that it's usually the fans, consumers, and biased-ass reviewers that spread that shit which then makes it into the public media for the laymen to fall for it.
>>
>>52380089
I have the taskbar on the top too w/ auto-hide.
But that's because I got used to using Xubuntu throughout high-school back in 2006.
>>
>>52380082
Anon, your point was that it's not preinstalled in Linux or Windows and that it's somehow worse that way. I was merely telling you, how it's not worse to have it as a non preinstalled third-party application available in the repos.
>>
>>52379895
My phone came with this crap ootb (OnePlus One)
So yeah nah.
>>
>>52380084
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_comprehension

>Two, "jailbreaking" your phone with nonfree chinkshit malware doesn't make it better.
>he said, while sitting with his rooted Android with a custom ROM and ten thousand "tweaks" he downloaded to make his phone have better performance despite ever using it since he has no friends, unless it's for a /wg/ homescreen thread.
>>
redshift, f.lux or twilight?
>>
File: 4L_vLVfwyQE.jpg (158 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
4L_vLVfwyQE.jpg
158 KB, 950x534
>>52379028
>she me
Nice sjw pronouns cuck faggot
>>
>>52380109
Not him but what do you mean by tweaks?
Also you only install a custom rom and you're done with it, rooting is a buzzword for altering the original fw, you don't need to do that shit with a custom rom.
Secondly he was complaining because everything you do to hack the iphone is with nonfree software but every single custom rom out there is opensource.
>>
>>52379863
>>52379918
why not redshift?
>>
>>52379918
f.lux and redshift
>>
>>52380086
I'm not German, dipshit. The text from the Notepad is in Danish, if that's what you made think German (even though it's easy to see the difference between German and Danish??).
I'm assuming you're American or just an illiterate
>2016
>not speaking fluent English, and German as well as 2+ more languages
>>52380087
>le archfag meme
Arch is just kinda comfy on my laptop. Always fancied Fedora more to be honest.
>>52380089
That's how I'm used to for using the old Gnome and XFCE back when I still went to school
>>52380107
But OnePlus One is a chinkphone with a popular ROM that was initially community-made when it started
>>52380130
>every single custom ROM out there is opensource
not entirely true, but I get your point.
By tweaks, I just mean, at least back when I used to root Android phones, many if not most custom ROMs didn't have that many cool tweaks and "settings". They had some, and it was cool and you could do what you wanted on it, but often you'd have to install third-party "tweaks" so to speak.
>>
>>52380151
mad as fuck
>>
>>52380160
this desu senpai
>>
>>52380160
>mad
Not really. I'm just autistic as fuck, and you guys are fucking retarded
>>
>people have been requesting this feature for 3+ fucking years
>Apple finally decides to implement it
Innovashun
>>
>>52380182

Not to mention that Google already did.
>>
>>52379028
You don't need a lot of waking hours to think of copying f.lux, so they do imply that they've thought of something new.
>>
>>52380084
What OS includes Redshift by default?
>>
File: 4L_eViWNSmV.jpg (18 KB, 458x301) Image search: [Google]
4L_eViWNSmV.jpg
18 KB, 458x301
>>52378930
I just wanna say to the haters that f.lux on iphone is cozy as fuck senpaitachi. Im thinkin about doing redshift on my gnu/linux rig too. Might even get me some smartlights and program them to "flux". So cozy. Like living in a cozy candlelight era. Melatonin is a hell of a drug tbqh senpai
>>
>>52380206
>>>52380084
>What OS includes Redshift by default?
iOS
>>
>>52380191
Google does not have this feature. You still need something like Lux or Midnight.

Then again, some people in this thread are dumb enough to assume that this is automatic brightness. A feature that Android didn't have before iOS.
>>
>>52380223
>Google does not have this feature.

Sure they do, in their apps. Play books most notably.
>>
>>52380237
>Google makes 3rd party applications that have this feature

This is beyond retarded and completely ignorant of where this stems from in iOS to begin with.
>>
>>52380237
how can they if apple spent lots of waking hours inventing it and just released it?

checkmate
>>
>>52380262
>>52380265

Are you Apple shills really this retarded?
>>
File: homesick iphone users.jpg (99 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
homesick iphone users.jpg
99 KB, 1300x866
>>52380285
They're shilling for apple, what did you expect?
>>
>>52380285
Can't be as retarded as anyone who thinks that the company operating a marketplace is the reason why the app creators created their specific apps.
>>
>>52379918
Wangblows: f.lux (it says so in the OP)
Loonix: Redshift or f.lux for old Ubuntu Versions
>>
>>52380160
#rekt
>>
After reading this thread I realized what a terrible world we live in.

>Everything should be provided by the makers of the OS
>There is nothing wrong with vertical integration in computers

I'm just sad, really.
>>
>>52378930
android had this since 4.0
>>
I think you will find that flux doesn't actually do anything. it just adds red to everything. Apple's innovative solution likely only adjusts on screen colours that are blue, and just adjusts the curve for that pixel, and doesn't just add red to everything
>>
>>52380481
RESOLUTIONARY
>>
>>52380204
this likely doesn't lag and just add a blanked red filter like flux does. This likely actually works
>>
File: Screenshot_20160112-073353.png (56 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160112-073353.png
56 KB, 720x1280
>>52380223
Then what the fuck is this?

imo stupid shit like this has no place in the os codebase

stock android 5.0

it should be left to third party apps
>>
>>52380204
>so they do imply that they've thought of something new.
nothing you've said justified this conclusion.

if you've got it in your head that apple has invented this, then i think you're the person who needs to be set straight.
>>
File: tumblr_njvt2fU27z1u1eakso1_400.png (36 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njvt2fU27z1u1eakso1_400.png
36 KB, 268x237
>>52379455
>being butthurt that the company you assume I shill didn't steal multiple dev's idea just to brandish it Google's
>>
>>52380763
>Where were you when Apple invented a new way to track your location?

ftfy
>>
>>52379991
>this damage control
You know what he refeers.
>>
File: e76.png (616 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
e76.png
616 KB, 1280x722
>>52379968
>>52380018
>>52380082
>>52379895
>projecting and shilling this hard

wew, you lads today are cracking me up
>>
File: apple-think-different-1kkru7j.jpg (20 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
apple-think-different-1kkru7j.jpg
20 KB, 1024x640
>>52380779
It's y-boi!
>>
File: g-confronted-with-apple.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
g-confronted-with-apple.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>every discussion about Apple on this fucking board
>>
>>52380868
tbqh senpai
>>
>>52380868
Is he crying and wishing for god's protection facing so much homosexual technology?
>>
>>52379469

I agree with him. Color accuracy over this pretentious bullshit all day erryday
>>
MIUI has had this for a while, Even has a quick toggle for it.

Apple fags BTFO.
>>
>>52379946
>have to have gps and geolocation on ALL THE FUCKING TIME
You mean once, the first time you set it up?
>>
>>52380082
>taskbar on top of the screen
Literally the most stupid position possible, holy shit
>>
>>52380990
mate, pls.

App fags don't care who did it first. They care that apple is finally doing it and is going to show it on tv and be liek

>WE DID ET FIRST **smug anime face**
>>
>>52379469
>let's talk about the pretentious artists who use macs
>Macs
>feature is on iOS
You blew it pal

>Literally everything else has the same option
>option
No? If it exists at all its usually some separate software.
>>
to settle the arguments:

some people may like this. some people might not. if you use your device at home on your couch, chances are you'll like it. if you use it for work and/or like consistency, you might not.

either way, this was already available across all platforms. the fact apple has this in their OS's codebase now simply shows that they're favoring casual consumers over professionals because the "professionals will simply turn it off and who cares about a bit of bloat". this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it just is the way it is.

they do this all the time. do you know any professional user who seriously makes use of any feature introduced after 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)? Launch Pad, the notification bar, tags in Finder, whatever other bullshit they've come up with? Professional users tend to have a terminal open, a text editor, an IDE, some kind of Adobe product (Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign/...) or some kind of sound production tool maybe. oh, and of Finder and Mail. you need none of the new features for this, same for this redshift thing they're implementing; on the contrary, it tends to hinder you rather than anything else.

i don't even use the fucking dock. OS X at this point to me is 90% bloat. El Capitan takes away the right to write to /usr/, so i'm staying on yosemite. Apple is going down the road of "fuck the professionals", so i'm going down the road of "fuck apple".
>>
This is actually one of my major gripes with desktop environments. I don't see any reason they wouldn't implement it. Sure, there's Redshift (which I'm happily using) but it's not particularly friendly for the casual user. And I want to switch to Wayland already!
>>
>>52381184
>And I want to switch to Wayland already!
you don't even know why X11 is bad, do you
>>
>>52381184
How would Wayland help that?
If anything it makes it harder to have add-ons like redshift.
>>
>>52381161
Why wouldn't a professional user use launch pad? Its simply an improved version of the old workspace switcher.

Why wouldn't a professional user use Night Shift, bright colors when working at night have always annoyed me.

Why are even talking about OSX when this is clearly an iOS feature, did I miss something?
>>
>>52380700
I know better, but Apple is misleading the majority by saying they thought long, read some studies, and by explaining the concept as if it's something new. Apple drives on marketing, not on innovation.
>>
>>52381247
I'm not saying it would help. I'm saying that I want that functionality and it's stopping me from switching.
>>
>>52378930
Only applefags believe apple marketing literature. Are you an applefag OP?
>>
>>52381503
Why would you want to switch to Wayland right now? It's still pretty much beta software.
>>
>>52378930
The only valid reason for disliking this is the fact that Apple gave the f.lux guys the middle finger when they wanted to add this to the appstore, so it was forced to only run on Jailbroken phones.

Now they implement this feature themselves, essentially cucking f.lux.

It's douchebaggy.
>>
>>52380523
It most likely adjusts the gamma like redshift

>>52381247
That would be a function of the compositor, which need not contain any window management logic

>>52381212
99% xdg/freedesktop faggots filling it with bloat so they could spin their cubes
1% bad design
>>
>>52381675
>That would be a function of the compositor, which need not contain any window management logic
eh yes, a compositor needs window manager logic.
There are no external window managers with Wayland.
>>
>>52381536
Honestly, I wouldn't switch this very moment. But it's not far off. Save for a couple significant caveats, GNOME on Wayland works nicely. And those things are on GNOME's end, mind you.
>>
File: compiz-cube.jpg (60 KB, 604x483) Image search: [Google]
compiz-cube.jpg
60 KB, 604x483
>>52381675
>hating spinnan cubez

I'll fucking kill you
>>
It's nighttime here and I just f.lux on Windows and wow, this Flourescent color scheme is really lulling me to sleep. Thanks Apple for the free advertising!
>>
>>52381696
>gnome
vomittingcartoongirl.ILBM
>>
>>52381717
It's actually very nice if you spend fifteen minutes setting it up. Not being able to customise it is one of the most misleading notions around.
>>
>>52380552
That's live display a CyanogenMod and OS feature, you probably own a Cyanogen OS phone like the OPO.
So no, AOSP itself doesn't have the feature, it might be added later by oems if they want to.
>>
>>52380151
>But OnePlus One is a chinkphone with a popular ROM that was initially community-made when it started
Does it matter?
It comes with the feature ootb, added by the oem, that was your point before, that nobody added that shit and that apple was supposedly the first, that isnt true, if anything Cyanogen is the first and apple copied them.
>>
>>52379946
>>52380029
It might check your GPS once near sundown, but most phones already check and store geolocation multiple times throughout the day.
>>
And this will be shitty because I bet you either have to have it on or off and can't put it at a custom color temperature. And is this shit going to use GPS constantly?
>>
>>52379455
Even Firefox OS has this feature as an add-on.

Screenshots render ugly, but it seems a lot of people on 2.5 enjoy it.
>>
File: 9.jpg (112 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
112 KB, 500x500
>>52380086
That's clearly either Swedish, Norwegian or Danish, you retard
>>
>>52382805
Probably Danish, judging by the keyboard tray icon text.
>>
>a lot of waking hours went into thinking about sleep
>a lot of hours to dim a screen
>new apple innovation
Apple is really shitting its pants this year
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-12-17-04-31.png (55 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-12-17-04-31.png
55 KB, 1920x1080
>>52378930
>changing color balance

Wow, just like on my mobile since its launch couple month ago. Keep up the innovations.
>>
File: pyquyi.png (192 KB, 492x709) Image search: [Google]
pyquyi.png
192 KB, 492x709
>>
>>52380091
It sounds like you're projecting extremely hard anon.
>>
>f.lux on Windows
>Bluelight Filter APP on Android
>>
>>52381471
So what's the issue?

Apple doesn't claim they invented it.
You read it and get upset because you think other people are stupid and will mistakenly hold the belief that Apple claimed they invented it.

You're nuts. Who fucking cares? This is such a non issue.
>>
File: 1416531913742.png (82 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1416531913742.png
82 KB, 625x626
>>52378930
>>
>>52383115
Then why do you continue posting in this thread?
>>
Hey, I remember some Anon predicting this
>>
>>52380002
>emacs isn't even bootable yet
I was told software would only get more advanced
>>
>>52383115
The issue is that Apple is not respectable as a technology company and shills should btfo.
>>
>>52381008
Depends on your viewing position
>>
>>52383279
They're the most respectable technology company there is.
>>
>>52383477
The most respectable company wouldn't have misleading advertising. Wouldn't imply innovation where there is none.
>>
>>52380082
shut up pinky
>>
>>52384929
pls leave joshie

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>52380010
This image angers and confuses me. Why is her maid taking away her snacks and Super Famicom?
>>
They're wording it as if it's a new thing.
They always do this.
I hate Apple.
>>
>>52380992
What if you move timezones, you'd probably need to re establish your location with Apple's servers or some shit, so it probably isn't a one time thing.
>>
>>52385089
>They're wording it as if it's a new thing.
No, they're not. You're reading what you want to read.

>I hate Apple.
And this is why.

>inb4 applel shills zomg xD
>>
Apple fell for the meme, I had to turn this shit off after 1 week, christ.
>>
>>52385132
>we spent ages coming up with this!!!11
>>
>>52385109
So you're literally complaining that it's changing according to the timezone you're in instead of staying static?
>>
>>52383073
Why feel any pity for these fucktards who willingly give their ideas to applel?
>>
>>52379895
Cyanogen has had this feature for probably over a year
>>
>>52385268
Apple steals ideas and they're the gatekeepers for the world's most popular and most profitable software market.
>>
>>52378930
>Apple invented placebo
Seems legit.
Also isn't it supposed to be called "auto-brightness"? Requesting comic about far speaking.
>>
>>52385416
It doesn't adjust brightness.
>>
>>52385180
Where does it say this?
>>
When will Apple invent wireless charging?
>>
>>52379469
>Literally everything else has the same option, but just off by default.
show me flux for android then you kek
>>
>>52385794
Scroll up faggot
>>
>>52379469
I use redshift and I do not do any color intensive work or a lot of gaming (some dota 2).

But I really see and feel the difference in how strained the eyes are. If I would turn off redshift now, it would hurt my eyes. Like literal pain. Thats the case if it is dark in the room.
>>
>invented by Apple

Oh, boy...
>>
>>52385951
>nowhere does Apple claim they invented it

Oh, boy...
>>
Thanks, OP.
Because of this thread, I became aware of redshift.
It is now installed and starts with X on my Parabola laptop.
For future reference, however, you may wish to refer to the free counterpart to a proprietary program instead of the proprietary program itself. Had I not checked carefully, I may have been tempted to install f.lux on my machine instead of redshift. Others who are less observant may have been led to install this instead of the more respectful redshift program.
I must also give thanks to the Parabola maintainers, whose active dedication to keeping nonfree software out of their repositories was the first hint I had that this program was not going to respect my freedoms. However, not everyone checks their distribution's repositories first and may wind up with something nonfree on their otherwise free systems, so please make sure to check the licenses of the software you mention in the future, thanks.
>>
>>52385794
TWILIGHT
W
I
L
I
G
H
T
>>
>>52386343
Not every GNU/Linux user cares about "nonfree" software being on their machine.
>>
>>52386411
This would actually be more reason to recommend a free program instead a nonfree one. If you do, users who care about their freedom will be able to install it without worry, and the users who don't will still install it, because that a program is free is not usually a strike against the program for them.
But if you recommend the proprietary program, users who care are, at worst, led to install the nonfree program without realising it isn't free or, at best, inconvenienced by having to search for a free replacement.
In the two scenarios above, one case is better for all readers and the other is only good (arguably, as "good" as recommending nonfree software can be) for the users who don't care.
>>
>>52386527
I think people who care enough about running completely free software do their homework before installing a piece of software.
>>
>>52386402
Twilight is total shit
>that red fucking hue in screenshots
>>
>>52378930
>sacrificing colour accuracy because you're too retarded to turn a light on.
>>
File: Average_Mac_User.jpg (120 KB, 1773x937) Image search: [Google]
Average_Mac_User.jpg
120 KB, 1773x937
>>52380868
>>
>>52383096
Go outside and make some friends.
Trust me, you'll believe him then.
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.