[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ So, Im sick and tired of my laptop, runs like shit and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Hey /g/
So, Im sick and tired of my laptop, runs like shit and I feel like I just want to completely delete everything.
More or less wipe everything.
How'd I go about doing that?
Windows 7. Pic not related.
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>52374110
ayy lmao linux
No thanks.
>>
self bump
cmon /g/ help me out here
I dont have the original Windows CD's
>>
>>52374080
>Pic not related.

Why? Just install it and be happy again.
>>
>>52374198
I dont have the original CD's to redownload windows.
I wanted to do a hard-drive reset and completely wipe the fucker, but if theres a way I can just wipe everything and start fresh without needing the original windows CD, i'd love to know.

Im not tech savvy, /g/. Bear with me.
>>
Fuck off normalfag
>>
>>52374258
Fuck you faggot, Don't wanna help, get the fuck off the thread.
Nigger
>>
>>52374276
If your concern is that the laptop performs badly/slowly, the best advice we can give you is to use a lightweight GNU+Linux distribution.
>>
>>52374304
>lightweight GNU+Linux distribution.
My main problem is I can barely run a vidya
above 30fps, but its a problem that just arised in the past month. Before, on the same laptop, I've been able to have smooth 60fps on the same exact games that now stutter and run poorly with unstable 30fps.

So, my first initial thought was I have too much shit on my laptop, but I literally have so fucking much that it'd be easier just to wipe the fuckin thing and restart.

thus why I don't want linux.
>>
>>52374344
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Windows+rot

it's just going to keep happening, anon
>>
>>52374374
I'm fine with having to reinstall windows every few months, I don't give a fuck. I've previously used linux and had very bad times with it, so much so that I'd rather have ubuntu than linux, so if someone can help me with the topic at hand, how do I wipe my laptop, but keep windows 7.

Once I know how to do it, I can continue to do this as many times as I need in the near future, I just need an idea of how to do it in the first place.
>>
File: what the fuck.jpg (55 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.jpg
55 KB, 261x195
self bump
>>
>>52374405
ubuntu uses the linux kernel, anon
>>
>>52374615
I meant earlier versions of ubuntu, When it was just the ubuntu core, not mixed with linux.
>>
>>52374654
>>
File: lgMzw3m.gif (870 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
lgMzw3m.gif
870 KB, 250x187
Step 1: Download Cracked Windows 7
Step 2: Burn to disc or usb
Step 3: Clear hard drive
Step 4: Install Windows 7

If you aren't playing vidya
Install Linux

If you want to do work
Buy a Mac
(Costs money)

>AntiMacFags are just as bad as MacFags
>Same for linux
>Same for windows

If you disagree you're a faggot
>>
>>52374120
Install FreeBSD.
>>
>>52374080
Assuming you don't have some retarded setup wiping the HDD and re-partitioning should be fine.

Losedows 7 is easy as fuck to crack, so I'd go ultimate for shits n' giggles.
>>
>>52374247
Recovery partition if available.
Try seeing if you can find the reinstall winfails option in the control panel.

Otherwise try the mydigitallife forums. They usually post ISO images of the install discs straight from M$.
>>
>>52374247
It's a laptop, does it have a recovery partition? Google the model and see if it does.
>>
>>52374080
>>52374247
Robert?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.