[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just finished building a new pc. This is my second build.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 20160111_160338-1-1-1-1.jpg (4 MB, 2080x1600) Image search: [Google]
20160111_160338-1-1-1-1.jpg
4 MB, 2080x1600
So I just finished building a new pc. This is my second build.

Everything works like it should, except for the fact that I got an Nvidia GTX 750ti, but on speccy it's showing me that I have a basic display adapter.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but do I have it installed correctly? My monitor is plugged into the hdmi from the graphics card. Also, if I am right, why is it showing it as a generic display adapter?

Pic related. That's what speccy is showing.
>>
>taking a picture of your screen
>>
>>52369814
I always wonder why taking a pic of your screen makes all the pixels look huge until you zoom in. Such is life, I'll never know the answer
>>
>>52369814
I'm posting from my phone. And taking a pic of my screen is easier than taking a screen shot and moving it to my phone from my computer.
>>
Did you install drivers?

>>52369847
Moire patterns.
>>
>>52369855
Why not just post from your computer, you cumfunnel
>>
>>52369863
And with that my life is one step closer to being complete. Now I guess I'll help op with his problem..
OP you're such a dumbass man, just install the Nvidia drivers. Usually this is taken care of by Windows update but I'm guessing you didn't search for updates?
Anyway just get the latest drivers off the Nvidia site and you're good to go
>>
>>52369863
No. I have a driver installation disc, but I don't have a disc drive on my pc.
>>
would I have to take out a dark rock 3 to remove my cosair vengence RAM which is in slot 2 and 4?
>>
>>52369921
No. I just noticed how I'm getting like 10 fps when I'm opening folders and stuff. I'm upgrading to Windows 10 though, so I think I'll install drivers after I'm done with the upgrade
>>
>>52369936
http://www.evga.com/support/download/
You won't get the GPU to function as anything other than a basic display adapter without drivers.
No 3D, no GPU acceleration, etc.
>>
>>52369959
.... Maybe? Corsair vengeance ram has pretty tall heat spreaders so most big air coolers will be in the way of the RAM. If you can get it out without taking off the cooler than good for you.
>>
>>52369959
No. You can just pull out your ram. It's one of the easiest things to take out.
>>
>>52370022
also but if it does get in the way can I just take off my heatsink fan then remove the ram? gonna change ma ram tomorrow
>>
>>52370047
I don't see how your heatsink fan would get in the way of you taking out your RAM. But if that's the case then yea. Just make sure your machine is off first.
>>
>>52369986
That's the biggest mistake ever. Don't upgrade to 10 please. I've tried it 3 times since last summer and it always causes problems. Also some older games have compatability issues with Windows 10. I just have a dual boot with Windows 7 and 8.1 now. If a game for whatever strange reason doesn't work on 8.1,i just use 7
>>
>>52370091
I'm using Windows 10 on my main build, and everything works great. I only had one issue with my audio, but that somehow got fixed when I got my graphics card. What kind of issues did you have with Windows 10?
>>
>>52370170
Most if it was random shut downs, freezes but the most annoying us gpu driver crashes. Screen would black out and then come back up a few seconds later and the notification will pop up in the corner say gpu driver crashed. I really like the windows 10 UI which us why I gave it 3 chances to sort out those bugs but it's still the same issues. Also, I can't play custom Nazi zombies maps. World at War just crashes at the main menu.
It's definitely windows 10 since 8.1 and 7 work perfectly
>>
>>52370317
Sorry about the autocorrect mistakes. I'm sure you got the message though.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.