[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, is it posible to turn a phone into a device that outputs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: electromagneticfigure2.jpg (14 KB, 263x187) Image search: [Google]
electromagneticfigure2.jpg
14 KB, 263x187
Hey /g/, is it posible to turn a phone into a device that outputs so many electromagnetic waves that it completely shadows other devices (phones for example) and make it impossible to make a call? What are the limits of this and what type of devices could it attack?
>>
>>52363465
>What are the limits of this
going to jail
>>
already exist but scramblers are illegal
>>
Federal prison. FCC doesn't fuck around with devices that encroach on claimed spectrum especially when it interferes with emergency service.
>>
FEDERAL CRIME.
>>
>>52363533
>>52363537
>>52363564
>>52363577
I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING SENPAI SOMEONE POST DEETS
>>
Well shit, there goes my plan. To clarify I didnt want to do something illegal, I wanted to patent a device made for places where for some reason it was prohibited to use your phone. Like it could be implemented in a special goberment vault or some shit I dunno. Thanks for the answers anyway.
>>
>>52363828
Movie theatres do this already. Go try it at a big name theatre on a midnight showing. Your phone will not work.
>>
The US military claims to have jammer devices like this so that the troops will not fear walking up to an IED. Good luck with that, but yeah wouldn't be that hard to jam cell phones or some specific part of the spectrum. Kind of more difficult to be effective over a distance in a broad spectrum sense. Basic idea would be to just pump a constant random data stream into a wide-band DAC and up-convert it to your center frequency. The bandwidth of the spectrum generated is proportional to your sample rate.
>>
It must be possible, Lucius Fox built one for Batman in The Dark Knight.
>>
>>52363828
That's brilliant, and if you need to call emergency services you're shit out of luck
>>
>>52363868
That's fucking illegal for them too, no exception.

>some accident happens in theater (heart attack or something else)
>"Someone call an ambulance!"
>Cell phones are jammed, precious minutes wasted to get someone who can call.
>The guy who allowed the jammer goes to jail

If this is true then it's all just matter of time.
>>
>>52363828
You're years way too late. Everyone already invented/patented that shit.
>>
>>52363465
Jamming is illegal. There are proof of concept scripts for wifi jamming though.
>>
>>52365618
What a faraday cage? Interference jamming? Niether are patented.
>>
>>52365615
What is a land line
>>
>>52366064
still wasting a minute to get one
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.