[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My sister and her husband are asking for suggestions on a ne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: aio.jpg (44 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
aio.jpg
44 KB, 500x500
My sister and her husband are asking for suggestions on a new all-in-one computer as a replacement. They don't have really elaborate needs (Pandora, social media, scrapbooking, smallish music collection, etc.) and are looking for something cheap, compact and reliable without any frills. The only hard requirement is that if something goes wrong with it within the first year or so, they're able to get it fixed without any HP bullshit.

I'm tempted to suggest something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883798493
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-19-5-touch-screen-all-in-one-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/4473400.p?id=1219751157782&skuId=4473400

Are there any other better options?

Also, they're both teachers with an adopted kid and some student debt. I'm a programmer, single with no kids, and have entirely too much goddamned money. Should I offer to buy them a new computer? Would it be offensive?
>>
>>52350475
>Also, they're both teachers with an adopted kid and some student debt. I'm a programmer, single with no kids, and have entirely too much goddamned money. Should I offer to buy them a new computer? Would it be offensive?
Cuckold much?
>>
>>52350475
Install Gentoo
>>
>>52350475
Is the touch screen a must for them?
>>
>>52350523
Not at all, wasn't even aware that the Dell had a touchscreen.
Something like this might be OK as well although it's a little old:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UFCVDM2
It's been many years since I've needed to shop for a new computer.
>>
>>52350603
Maybe you would have money if you hadnt have bought an expensive phone
>>
>>52350567
Hm, yeah that one looks fine too. I don't have much experience with these all-in-one stations. Mostly they will be using this for stuff like office/email/facebook right?
>>
>>52351568
Pretty much just that.
>>
>>52350513
>sister
>cuckold
>>
Why do so many people reply to these threads? If you do the correct thing and post in the tech help general then you get less replies.
>>
>>52351618
u.r. dumb and u shood not post anymore
>>
>>52351600
I might suggest they pickup a usb external hard-drive with one of these, since they're a little low on storage.
>>
>>52351600
Then yeah, that'd be fine. Basically, don't get hp and you should be fine
>>
If you want to buy it for them you could just say it's a late christmas present or something.
>>
Offer to help them pay for one of those used/refurb imac from the apple store or a mac mini, and plug in their tv. Its a win from them since they wont lose much resale value later on too.
>>
>>52350475

Why an all in one?

Those are all celerons and will be pretty slow, a tower in the price range would be way faster.

Even for just Facebook machines celerons are shitty.

As for buying it for them just offer. If they aren't comfortable with that then whatever.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.