[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/, I'm here because of my little brother. The little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 235x215
Hi /g/, I'm here because of my little brother. The little bastard got an iPad from his school, supposedly for homework, but always ends up with him up all night playing games.

The thing is, I've tried restricting it with the built in options, but he either comes up with some stupid excuse for me to remove the restrictions. (Technologically challenged parents)

Now to the main question, is the a way for me to make the iPad, basically, unusable after a certain time of day? Like make it lock after 9pm?
(Google didn't really help, and most apple users seem to have a stick up their ass.)
>>
>>52282166
Why are you dealing with this again? Let your brother fuck up by himself.
>>
It's not your job to police your brothers actions. Either instruct your parents on what's going on and let them decide, or just let your brother play what he wants
>>
>>52282181
>>52282201
The problem is that he is up to 4-5am on school nights, sneaking out of his room to take the ipad. My parents try to stop this, but they are against locking the ipad in a safe or cabin, as he "needs it early for school"
So I kind of want to help out
>>
Why is this an issue?
>>
>>52282166
Don't be a douche to your brother you little underage frogposting faggot
>>
>>52282223
How old is your brother? Also, jesus, does he have no other entertainment?
>>
>>52282223
Your parents sleep in past when he goes to school? Maybe they should take one for the team and just wake up early and give it to him then. Again, it's not your business. It's their job to ensure he follows their rules and goes to school
>>
>>52282227
he is 8, staying up all night, not being able to focus in school. >>52282250
He is spoiled, ps3-4, xbox 360, one, and a gaming pc
>>
op confirmed for a cockblock
>>
>>52282258
Father works night, and mother works as a principal, waking up and leaving before us. Older sibling(me) usually take care of my brothers in the morning.
>I'm 18
>>
So let him be spoiled and shitty

The world is full of spoiled, shitty kids and they all turn out fine. What's the worst that can happen, he gets an "F"? Boo fucking hoo, he'll be an alcoholic with a wife and job he hates in 20 years just like the kids who made all "A"s.
>>
Whatch an horror movie and let him know that the monster will comes for him if he don't sleep at night
>>
>>52282301
That's an actual fucking plan
>>
brother in secondary school with same issue.
binges shitty sjw shows until dawn on schooldays.
ended up showing him how he'll eventually end up on this piss-shit website like the rest of you fucking faggots and myself, no job no life wizard neet fucking faggot ass mutherfucking cunt dick cocksucking sausagefest of asspie neets.

He's good now.
>>
>>52282263
I dont know how to help but chiming in to say your brothers a cunt, sorry bro
>>
File: 1451903357139.jpg (49 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
1451903357139.jpg
49 KB, 620x400
>>52282166
What about your brother's son?
>>
>>52282318
As an avid /b/ visitor, I found /b/ at the age of 12, idk if he might just get hooked and enjoy it
>>
>>52282201
>It's not your job
Says who? Some self righteous moral policeman on /g/? Get over yourself
>>
>>52282355
So physically take the goddamn iPad and put it under your pillow you sperg
>>
>>52282371
Been doing that, but I'm a heavy sleeper, he sneaks in and takes it from me
>>
>>52282384
Put in a password and remove it every morning before school, re-set at night.
>>
>>52282384
Give him a punch and take it. Make him know stealing from you is suicide.
>>
Just tell your parents to not accept his bullshit and keep the locks on until you say something.
>>
>>52282384
So hit him in the goddamn teeth
>>
Have your mother put the iPad in his bag before she leaves? Have your father take the iPad with him to work? He's just going to go play with one of his other devices if you manage to restrict the iPad though.
>>
>>52282384
Put it somewhere else in your room. Holy shit. Get a lock on your door, put it somewhere he can't reach. Put it in a locked cabinet yourself.
>>
>>52282467
Are you retarded? OP said his brother needs the iPad for school
>>
>>52282467
the other devices are on a timer, electricity gets cut, and he has yet figured to move them
>>
Have your parents tried... I dunno... Grounding him?
>>
>>52282504
Alternatively, you can have your mom lock it up and then give you the key before she leaves for work. That way he can only get an hour or so in the morning to play
>>
>>52282508
>>52282508
This is fucking rediculous. Punish the kid. You should not be shutting off your power as a child lock, he should fucking respect his parents. Do you have weak willed parents bro?
>>
>>52282506
His mom leaves before them; she could give back the iPad on the way out the door. His dad works nights; he could give back the iPad when he returns home (or punish the child if he finds him awake).

Are you illiterate?
>>
>Not just kicking his ass to make him fear you
>>
Is he at least playing Love Live! School Idol Festival?
>>
>>52282166
Ask your Brother's son to throw it to the floor. It will never be usable again.
>>
>>52282607
>>Not just kicking his ass to make him fear you

>Beating up people much weaker than you to get them to submit

Enforcing things by force doesn't really help them, it'll probably make him more angry and lie to his family or express his anger in other ways like torturing kittens or something.
>>
Eh forget it, thanks for your time. OP Signing out-
>>
>>52282574
>Do you have weak willed parents bro?
>2016
>>
File: 2013-07-15-592761.jpg (338 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
2013-07-15-592761.jpg
338 KB, 600x800
>>52282166
serves you and your parents right for being a bunch of useless beta faggots who get pushed around by an 8 year old.
>>
Good times. My nephew had the same problem so I took the little shit's tablet and put it in my gun safe
the kid was indoctrinated by his father to believe all guns are dangerous so now he won't go near it

Grow some balls OP or else your brother will grow up without boundaries and turn into a passive aggressive SJW
>>
>>52282652
Sorry OP. There really isn't much we can do besides suggest non-device locking options. Good luck
>>
>>52282166
File a complaint with the school desu senpai.

They should be locking down the devices from the very beginning to only allow apps/sites they approve.
>>
>>52282664
Good point. Why are parents so weak now. Beat your brothers ass.
>>
>>52282290
your mom is the school principal? Did you get made fun of alot?
>calling your parents mother and father
>>
make your stepmother's son do his homework yourself.

there's no app for being a good big brother.
>>
>>52282337
Kill yourself
>>
>>52282597
To be fair your first post had multiple grammar mistakes
>>
>>52283613
>calling your parents mother and father
He isn't speaking to them. Saying "I have a mother and father" or shit along those lines isn't uncommon.
>>
I am a big brother as well and I know it's fun to torture siblings, but we are not going to help you do THIS. It's fukken weird.
>>
>>52282223
Ipads generally can't be configured very much. If your parents don't want to lock it during the night then it is THEY who are the problem.
>>
File: 1258755523618.png (16 KB, 506x463) Image search: [Google]
1258755523618.png
16 KB, 506x463
> Jelly cuz your parents don't buy you stuff anymore
I was that little brother.
Try drinking bleach, it will make your parents love you.
>>
>Break iPad in half over knee
>watch the delicious tears roll down his cheeks as he learns defeat
>>
>>52282263
Your parents are ruining him. Take a good lesson from this with your own kids. I had a brother like that. He dropped out of school and hates his parents and have broken any contact with his family. I have no idea where he is or what he currently does. Being spoiled destroy their lives because they want everything for free and reject anything they have to work for and avoid obstacles and freak out due to them so they can't keep a normal job
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.