[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Package Stealing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: 27587718_SA.jpg (68 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
27587718_SA.jpg
68 KB, 640x360
How do I prevent someone from stealing my package. I have a few things being delivered from fed ex and ups. Monitor, power supply, motherboard, RAM, GPU all expensive shit.
I work 10 am - 645pm so I will most likely miss the deliveries. What is the best way to stop theft?
>>
Put a bomb on your house and blow them away
>>
>>52262252
Build your own security system equipped with cameras that survey the houses perimeters.
>>
The only way is to either have it left at a neighbor's or have it held at the post office for pickup later.
>>
>>52262252
please keep threads on this board on topic
>>
Hire roof koreans
>>
Have it shipped to your parents. That's what I do.
>>
Become NEET. You'll never miss a delivery
>>
Rig up an old cellphone or something to use as a security camera and keep an eye on the feed at work.
>>
>>52262252
Move out of detroit
>>
>>52262252
>What is the best way to stop theft?
Don't order packages shipped to your yard, you moron. Don't allow deliveries that don't involve you physically receiving the items, in person.
>>
>>52262252
Get a package receiver. The driver will leave the package in the bay, push the button, and the door seals shut. Some come with multiple bays and automatic package detection. Get with the times, grandpa.
>>
File: grapeface.png (34 KB, 822x899) Image search: [Google]
grapeface.png
34 KB, 822x899
>>52262252
How do you get this shit stolen?
Every package I've gotten in canada, if you're not there to pick it up they take it back to the fed-ex or puralator or canada post, and they hold it there for a week.

Does USA not do this at all?
>>
>>52262537
The only time they have held a package from me is when the person shipping didn't pay enough postage so they make me drive down there and give them 13 cents to get my package.
>>
>>52262537
I was just about to say the same thing. Your wording is a bit ambiguous though. They don't hold it for a week, they hold it for UP TO a week. You can go pick it up next day if you want.
>>
File: deathfromlaugh.png (4 KB, 283x75) Image search: [Google]
deathfromlaugh.png
4 KB, 283x75
>>52262572
my fuckin sides, how did they ship by paying 13c less than the postage price?
>>
>>52262252
generally if its a bunch of expensive shit and i know i wont be around the day of delivery, i have it mailed to my neighbor.

but that would require OP to have a neighbor they trust.
>>
>>52262252
Move to a nonshit neighborhood. I have expensive stuff left on my porch regularly.

Alternatively arrange for fedex or ups to hold that stuff for pickup
>>
>>52262252
I've never had a delivery stolen...I just had a 50 inch TV delivered the other day, and it sat there for a good few hours.
>>
get a gun and hide under a kiddie pool on your front lawn
>>
>>52262615
It was a blu ray shipped via usps so I guess they just dropped it in one of these things, and when the jew mailman noticed the problem he pushed it on me.
>>
File: NYC_USPS_Mailbox.jpg (2 MB, 3488x2616) Image search: [Google]
NYC_USPS_Mailbox.jpg
2 MB, 3488x2616
>>52262705
forgot pic
>>
File: jo.jpg (23 KB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
jo.jpg
23 KB, 450x250
What my friend likes to do is after getting a package is empty the box out, replace the items with shit then put the box back outside where it is monitored via CCTV.

he has contributed to the arrest of 4 people.
all 4 tried to claim nothing was in the package but he has a receipt of delivery to prove it was delivered.

he claims it as stolen, which forces the thief to repay the cost of the item, so essentially he gets the item for free.
>>
>>52262686
Serious. Holy fucking fuck. I had 5 packages waiting for me over the fucking holidays. One was delivered before Christmas and I was gone until this Sunday. It never even dawned on me that something might happen to them.
>>
obviously shit and cum in a fed ex box.
>>
>>52262785
That is very clever lol. Good thing my area is really nice. Only got a unchained bike stolen once a few years ago. Got case and a bunch of stuff left at my house for a day and still safe
>>
>>52262785
That is brilliant. Get the trash in trouble with the police and get shit for free at the same time.
>>
>>52262785
forgot to add he also insures his packages so in a sense, he is kinda triple dipping with the money going back to him.

also the camera is positioned so that it cannot see him take the package inside so there is no evidence of him ever actually getting it.
>>
>>52262686
>Move to a nonshit neighborhood.
Because it is physically impossible for poor faggots to go raiding other wealthy, well-off neighborhoods and steal their packages.

I'm sure you live in a gated community too, where you need fingerprint checks and pat-downs to go in or out. Sounds like you're living the life.

I hear prisons offer this service too.
>>
>>52262252

Have it mailed to a post office, where you can pick it up?
>>
>>52262944

https://tools.usps.com/go/ScheduleAPickupAction!input.action
>>
>>52262906
What would that matter anyway? Just cut out the part of the video where you take it inside.
>>
Have it delivered to a PO box and go pick it up.
>>
>>52262986

when dealing with surveilance videos, the police generally request a copy of the entire day's recordings, and it MUST come directly from the DVR. handing them a USB stick with the video file is no bueno and any lawyer would cum buckets over the ability to discredit the video if no chain of custody was established.
>>
>>52263017
Fair enough. I have never had to deal with that despite having security cams myself.
>>
>>52262537
The only things they hold on to are packages that require a signature, otherwise they drop it off. Most of the time they ding dong ditch and don't even wait to see if someone is home or don't ring the doorbell at all.
>>
IIRC, theft of a items being shipped common carrier is a federal offense in the US. Contact the police and ask them how to proceed. They can be surprisingly responsive when a chance for a felony arrest pops up.
>>
Send it to your workplace.
If you still go to school
then send it back to the store because we all know you didn't earn that money.
>>
>>52262906
What a jew
>>
>>52263548
But muh leeched Tech-bux.
>>
there are package stations in my country you can enter 24/7 with your card.
Can you send it to the post office maybe and pick it up from there?
>>
If you live in an apartment complex, ask your landlord if you can have stuff delivered to the office.

If you live in a house, there isn't much you can do aside just having a cam on your porch/whatever and dealing with it if someone steals your shit.
>>
ask for them to deliver to a ups/fedex store and pick it up there.
>>
File: dhl-paketkasten[1].jpg (932 KB, 1575x1050) Image search: [Google]
dhl-paketkasten[1].jpg
932 KB, 1575x1050
>not having your very own paketbox in front of your house
this is the small version, I have the bigger one
>>
Why the fuck dont you have a PO box?
>>
>>52263968
it has166l volume and the best thing. i can also send pakets from there
>>
>>52263974
>case fitting in a PO box

dang anon, how much is that?
>>
>>52262432
this.

and you know better than anyone here when you're home and you still placed the orders. what a fuccboi.
>>
>>52264033
The post office will hold things that are too large to fit in the box. They want you to buy a larger one, but they won't say anything unless you receive huge packages on a regular basis.
>>
>>52262252

Redirect delivery to your workplace.

If you don't work for the worst company on earth, they'll let that happen.
>>
>>52262308
Wow! You can watch someone wearing a ballcap and a hoodie gank your shit. Brilliant. Ship your shit to work or get a PMB at a UPS store or whatever.
>>
Buy a bomb

They take bomb

No more problem
>>
>>52264161
oh shi- forgot to take the name off
>>
>>52264082
this.

if you get a package too big for your box, they will instead put a key in your box. that key opens the drawer/cabinet where your package is being held.

and yes, if you get big shit on a regliar basis, the PO will start to request you get a bigger box
>>
>>52263849
and?

his big-nosedness is cleaning up his area of niggers and he is profiting from it.
you seem mad that you didnt think of it.
>>
>>52263017
sound like bs, how can they see someone else take the packet but not him hmm?
>>
>>52263974
What if the seller don't send to PO boxes, like fucking amazon
>>
File: 1356936476540.gif (2 MB, 242x151) Image search: [Google]
1356936476540.gif
2 MB, 242x151
I send important stuff to my work place

>tfw no one tells you something came in
>>
jinx
>>
>>52264317
Not him but you would position it so your door is just out of shot. You can see who walks in then who walks away and with what.
>>
File: 1402213005001.jpg (331 KB, 919x737) Image search: [Google]
1402213005001.jpg
331 KB, 919x737
Here in Australia what they do is that if they can't deliver to you at home they deliver it to a local newsagent and leave a receipt at your door.

You have to show id and the receipt to get the package.
>>
>>52264467
ok so the package would be out of frame as well makes sense, pretty clever little loophole
>>
Hire a kid to sit on your doorstepp all day and accept the packages for you.

Or see if you can contact the agency delivering the package and get them to hold it for you
>>
Move to first world country. Hint: not America
>>
>>52264317
do you not know how to camera?

set the camera right above the door so the first couple of feet are out of shot
>>
>>52264600
I was thinking more how can anything be taken as fact when you dont see the package being directly taken. Seems like an obvious loophole, which it is for that other anon
>>
>>52262252
Deliver to your work
deliver to someone you know who will be home
>>
>>52264600
>>52264650
Right. I don't know what the original guy's house looks like but there's plenty of ways to catch these people without having to have your front door in the shot. Overhead, distant profile.
>>
>>52264650
>point camera facing at pathway
>camera picks up delivery person walking up pathway, puts box in place where camera can't see it
>collect box, put shit in it, put box back
>nigger walks up pathway with no box and walks back down pathway with box
>????
>profit
>>
>>52264650

except you do see the package being taken.

you see the nigger roll up, get out of the car with nothing in hand, step up to the door under the camera and 1 second later leave with a package in hand.

what you never see is the homeowner switch out the package.

i get what you are saying that you dont see the nigger physically interact with the package as the package goes from ground to ape, but that doesnt matter as enough proof exists to prove guilt.
>>
>>52262252
You need a good package manager :^)))
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.