[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I recently got the first smartphone I've ever owned in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: motorola-nexus-6.jpg (46 KB, 600x426) Image search: [Google]
motorola-nexus-6.jpg
46 KB, 600x426
So I recently got the first smartphone I've ever owned in pic related. I absolutely love it so far.

What do you think of the nexus 6 compared to other comparable devices? Did I make a good decision in going with this particular phone instead of an iPhone or Samsung?
>>
Every post following this summed up: yes.

Now go away.
>>
>>52259152
There's no reason to be so rude anon...
>>
Theres only two possible flaws to the phone, it's either too big or it can get really hot. Other than that, God tier phone
>>
I like Motorola. The designs are simple and work seemingly well. I have had a few different ones, moto g from first to third and the moto x second gen. My brother needed a new phone, so sold my third gen to him and got myself a Moto X play. Massive battery and great screen so I'm happy.
>>
>>52258859
It's got a pretty shitty camera. Though the neckbeards on this board never mention it because they've never opened it for fear they'd catch their reflected Cheeto stained face in the phone.
>>
>>52260338
I've had the phone for a day, so I'm not sure how my opinion will change, and also keep in mind that I haven't really used Android too much before this either.

That being said, I do really love this device quite a bit. It is certainly very big, but I've already gotten used to it, and the 1440p screen is phenomenal looking. The only complaints I currently have are, like you said, it gets pretty warm and it feels like the battery isn't enough to compensate for the big ass screen. You have to remember though that I'm used to dumb phones having more than a day of battery life.
>>
>>52260605
The camera isn't as bad a I've seen it made out to be.
>>
>>52260645
Phone has never gotten hot for me and the battery lasts at least a day and half or two per charge depending on use.
Root it then install greenify and wakelock detector.
Lower brightness level and turn off adaptive brightness, ambient display, daydream.
>>
>>52262764
I mean the battery isn't really that big of an issue, and I like some of those features honestly. It charges super fast. I've only had the phone for like two days and I really like it a lot so far. What are the benefits of rooting, and can I do so with it on a Verizon plan?
>>
>>52258859
Nexus is the masterrace among smartphones. I have the nexus 6 too. Before i had the nexus 4. But i think the really godlike one was the nexus 5 from LG.
>>
>>52263316
I only rooted to install a better kernel and apps mentioned above.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.