[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are smart watches a meme /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 81Qkcobv5oL._SX425_.jpg (25 KB, 425x546) Image search: [Google]
81Qkcobv5oL._SX425_.jpg
25 KB, 425x546
Are smart watches a meme /g/?
>>
Everything popular is a meme.
>>
Every smartwatch except the pebble is a meme since it's open source and actually useful and can function without a phone.
>>
>>52257543
I thought the moto 360 was a standalone
>>
>>52257628
It's barely functional, it relies on an android system to work, all it does disconnected is show time and a couple things.
>>
>>52257482
lel upvote this!
>>
>>52256902
yes
>>
>>52257907
This. You need an phone for it to be useful. It still works as a watch, stopwatch, timer, alarm, etc, but notifications are the main attraction.
>>
>>52258014
I own a pebble, I'm a developer so I wrote an application for the watch to monitor all my servers incase they go down it vibrates and lights up in red, plus the framework they provide for developers is incredible compared to the crap you get on an android or apple watch
>>
I like mine.
>>
>>52258116
Do you have this published anywhere? Redacted obviously but sounds kind of neat.
>>
>>52258232
Not really, I'll consider publishing it, I'll have to modify it to use a common protocol like HTTP so you can check on webservers, I'm using my own protocol for my application servers since they're not using HTTP.
>>
>>52258268
Interesting. What protocol are you using something obscure as it is web facing?
>>
>>52257482
OP didn't ask about anything popular, he asked about smartwatches.
>>
>>52256902
I think they used to be popular way back in 2015.
>>
They're a step backwards in technology. You have to charge them every day. I've changed the battery in my analog watch twice in 10 years.
>>
>>52256902
Probably. I only wear mine out on dates or when I go to bars because it's a good conversation piece.

>sitting in a dimly lit bar with some qt adjacent
>flick wrist to check the time implying I'm important with a schedule
>suddenlylight from my wrist
>O M G is that an apple watch
>>no bitch, it's a moto360 but what's your name?
Other than that it doesn't have much use the and the battery life could be much better.
>>
Apple Watch and Android Wear are meme. Pebble, Gear S2, Fitbit are not memes because they're simple and do what they're meant to without shitty clunky interfaces.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.