[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Many years old Lumia phone is dying, and for being a loyal cuck,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: samsung-vs-sony_1.png (401 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
samsung-vs-sony_1.png
401 KB, 800x600
Many years old Lumia phone is dying, and for being a loyal cuck, my providor (three uk) is giving me a deal on flagships.

Are the top choices at the moment the S6 (and its variants), the Z5 (or z3, compact variants), and the Nexuses?

Much obliged, good sirs and madams.
>>
>>52237594
Go with z5, or z5 compact for better shitposting single handed
>>
Or moto x pure/style if you're in the UK
>>
>>52237628
Oh that's me, I am UK - based! Would you say it's a better choice than either of those?

>>52237621
I'm genuinely not intending to be a shitposter, I'm sorry senpai
>>
The only good choices are nexus phones. My s6 has little to offer over them, camera at most.

Best and cleanest Android.
No bloat.
No stutter.
No lockdown.
No problems.
>>
>>52237594
z5 compact
>>
>>52238004
I've heard some poor opinions on the 5, is the 6 a better choice?
>>
>>52238072
/g/ opinion seemed that it has heat/battery issues no?

w-were you trying to ruse me desu
>>
>>52238099
Havent had any problems with it so far. But then again i dont use it constantly to browse or anything.

Im happy with it so far and love the size.
>>
>>52238157
Oh that's encouraging, thank you for your feedback!

have you ever used any of the other phones mentioned (Z5, S6, Nexus)?
>>
>>52238174
I haven't, mainly because of the size. I considered them all but i really didnt want a 5+ inch phone.

I was considering the s6 for a while though, but the fact that its already a pretty 'old' phone was also holding me back. Why buy a phone when a newer version is coming out in a couple of months, right? But thats just me :p
>>
>>52238237
Newer version as in the edge?

Thanks again :)
>>
>>52238273
No the S7. Read somewhere that it would be released in april
>>
>>52238304
April? Wow, ok that's good to know!
Thank you, and all the best
>>
>>52237594
Facing a similar problem as OP uk-bro.

S6 vs Sony vs Nexus vs anything else?
>>
I have an s6 edge, best phone ever, but get the s6 regular, not the one with the curved edges
>>
I just got the Z3V and I love it over my iPhone 6. Everyone slept on this phone.
>>
I feel so bad for people who have the option to get iPhones and instead opt for bloated, shit-battery Lagdroid phones.

We'll see OP again here when he asks how to remove the bloat on his new Samsung, or try a new ROM since the default Touchwiz launcher is too slow.

Never change.
>>
>Sony fanboy
I have the z3. No issues with it. Z5 I am jealous already.
>>
>>52238464
As a UK person who does't have verizon in his country, is the Z3V different from the Z3?

>>52238464
>>52238577
I have heard some people saying the Z5 isnt enough of an actual change from the Z3 to justify the price increase, do you believe so?

Really I guess now I'm torn between the Z3/5 and the S6 >>52238404
>>
On three, the Z5 is a couple of currency units more of expensive than the S6, is this understandable?
>>
File: sony_xperia_z5.0.0.png (1021 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
sony_xperia_z5.0.0.png
1021 KB, 1280x854
Remember when the Sony Z5 review unit sent to The Verge mysteriously cracked on its own?

Good luck with that glass back, OP!
>>
S6 edge. Blasts every android flagship out of the water. If tweaked, it's also faster than the latest iphone and takes the primary spot on most benchmark tests regardless. Best and most accurate screen, fastest io, best camera, light, aesthetic, fastest chsrging phone behind the s6+ and note 5. nexuses are shit and only americans buy them. Z5 and z5c are pretty good too actually, but it seems the overheating problem just won't go away in some cases. I an sd is an absolute must, go with the z5. Otherwise s6. If you're into rooting a lot and custom roms, even though the s6 stock rom is literally perfect, go with the nexus but you'll compromise on pretty much everything else.
>>
>>52238552
>I don't have a clue and like eating shit from my own hands: the post
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.