[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows will never look this good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
So uh...why exactly haven't you joined the hackintosh master race?
>>
>>52234183
STOP!
You have committed a crime what do you have to say in your defence?
>>
>hackintosh
>master race
>homOSeX
>>
>2015
>still calling OSX homo
>implying homo is still an insult
get on with the times faggots
OSX is literal master race
>yfw safari literally doesnt have ANY bloat or botnet
>>
>>52234183
Botnet yo
>>
>>52234499
THANK YOU STEVE
>>52234566
it also has no favicons or proxy addons but apart from that it's literally master race.
>>
>>52234591
you mean the botnet where the fbi is trying to make developer loosen their privacy policy?
>>
>>52234566
What makes you think that Mac hardware isn't backdoored too?
>>
>>52234183
I actually promoted from hackintosh to a OSX virtual machine
hacintosh is so 2010
>>
>>52234566
your faggot os is spying as much as microsoft and google are, just check the privacy statement. and if you're gay you're a retard so it's no coincidence you like osx.
>>
It doesn't work well with my hardware

And I don't want to buy my hardware around the OS of choice

But OS X is indeed very nice
>>
>>52234685
>Each of these diagnostic capabilities requires the user to have unlocked their device and agreed to trust another computer. Any data transmitted between the iOS device and trusted computer is encrypted with keys not shared with Apple. For users who have enabled iTunes Wi-Fi Sync on a trusted computer, these services may also be accessed wirelessly by that computer.
>>
>>52234713
That didn't exactly answer my question.
>>
>>52234713
>keys not shared with Apple
suuuuure
>>
>>52234637
No, Applel having all of your data. That kind of botnet.
>>
>>52234728
well yeah, it's a backdoor if you're dumb enough to trust an untrustworthy nsa-infected pc.
Post more proof of backdoors and I'll change my mind that iOS/Os x respects privacy
>>
File: 1451025294889.png (75 KB, 198x198) Image search: [Google]
1451025294889.png
75 KB, 198x198
>hackintosh
>installing un-official, modified OS media with no source code
>implying your computer isnt being used to spam dickpill emails and your credit cards in the hands of the russian mob
>>
>>52234566
>>implying homo is still an insult
wow way to come out of the closet dude
>>
File: bydlo_vokryg.jpg (59 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
bydlo_vokryg.jpg
59 KB, 604x453
>>52234775
> russian mob
> computers
> os x
Oh you.
>>
>>52234775
so basically you're saying you can't trust the 20mb unibeast installer from a closely-knit hobby developers needed for a hackintosh?
>>
Drivers, of course.

Lest i want to run it in a VM but then there's no point.
>>
File: kuk.png (42 KB, 542x603) Image search: [Google]
kuk.png
42 KB, 542x603
>Windows will never be this insecure

FTFY :)
>>
>>52234183
>good

LOL
>>
>>52234864
VM is pretty fine except graphics, vmware allows only 128 mb, hope they fix it, because for now os x performance is shit due to that
>>
>>52234762
source or shitpost
>>52234869
Got any more vintage pics?
>>
>>52234499
STOP!
You've violated the law, pay the court a fine or serve your sentance. Your stolen goods are now forfeit
>>
>>52234857
No, because you're giving them unlimited power to do basically whatever the fuck they want to with your machine. I would have a hard time trusting anything like that even if it was Open Source, much less a proprietary hack on OS code.

Also, most low-level exploits are written in assembly which compiles very small. 20mb would be much more than enough space
>>
>>52234869
>Closed source
>Secure
How can you even tell if those security issues are getting patched?
>>
>>52234940
you are a fucking paranoid
>>
>>52234902
that's true, unfortunately I've no real purpose for using OS X anymore. It would be nice to try it with better graphical support however.

Although it's as effective as using a linux distro right now.
>>
>>52234916
>Hurr durr I don't know what the cloud is

Whole OS is embedded with this "feature".
>>
>>52234940
ok let's just say you're right. Tonymac built a backdoor in his unibeast/clover installer. Then you see it asking for permission in Little Snitch and you deny access. What now?
>>52234980
uhm...did you ever use a mac? You can turn off everything icloud related in 2 clicks. What are you takling about?
I kinda like having notes synced though
>>
>>52234944
>Open Source
>Secure
How can you even tell if the hackers with free roam over raw source code are reporting vulnerabilities?
>>
>>52234944
Exactly
>>
>>52235002
Leaving out how often it phones home for Apple's other embedded services. The whole thing is net-based, I don't want that.

(Source: Me running it in a VM and checking Incoming/outgoing connections)
>>
>>52235007
What? Changes can't make it to the upstream just like that. Other developers have to approve and agree.
>>
>>52234916
>Got any more vintage pics?
OS X should still be in the lead, google it.
>>
How the fuck do you do hackintosh without any access to any sort of Mac? I tried some dodgy images from piratebay but none of them would boot past clover. I kknow you can do it through VM's but that wouldnt work for me either, any ISOS on the web that just work ?
>>
>>52235002
>Hack on OS code

I dont think you realize how much power a rootkit gives an attacker, if they get root it's basically over for you. For example you can make the OS lie to the user about how much memory is being used or what connections are going through (So they could decide to use your PC as a bitcoin miner and you wouldnt even see the CPU/memory use in the task manager)
>>
>>52235120
well shit. I'm not worried about the tonymac forum but that I pirated software like logic and word. What are the chances?

>>52235089
try the ml2 atkos image. Ez to mount and then just download the el capitan file from the official appstore.
>>
>>52235047
Shit happens.
Heartbleed, 25 years before being found.

>b-b-but bad things can't make it to the upstream just like that
>n-n-nobody finds these and exploits them

You really don't think malicious people, goverments, etc out there don't have a shit load vulns stockpiled and never reported that allow them to do shit you wouldn't want them doing?
>>
>>52235120
>implying anyone is going to waste a rootkit on some /g/ retards mac
>>
>>52235302
I'm sure they do, but you can't say that Windows is more secure.
>>
I have an AMD CPU, I got it working with Mavericks awhile back but after a week it was pretty unstable and I don't know what I did. Next computer I build I'll keep hackintosh in mind.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.