[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /g/. I'm trying to make my own Windows Recovery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 20121110NN3DVisual1of2.jpg (424 KB, 2338x1700) Image search: [Google]
20121110NN3DVisual1of2.jpg
424 KB, 2338x1700
Hello, /g/.

I'm trying to make my own Windows Recovery USB to repair a damaged NTFS file system running Windows 7.

I have a second (working) machine running Windows 8. I've formatted the USB and have copied most of the boot files from the Windows 8 folders but I can't seem to access the Recovery folder, even after taking ownership on the admin account and giving myself Full Control.

What am I doing wrong?

tl;dr I essentially just need to run chkdsk from a usb to fix the NTFS partition on a corrupted HDD. Is there a simpler way?
>>
>>52221644
Why not plug the hdd into the working computer and run chkdsk
>>
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>52221644
Why even bother? Just wipe it and restore from backups.
>>
>>52221644
You want a Windows PE install on your USB stick. Microsoft offers it if you have the Pro editions of Windows.

Or find an unauthorized copy. Google it.
>>
>>52223219
Or, if you already have a DVD or USB installer for Vista (or newer), start up from that.
Press Alt-F10 and you'll get a Command Prompt to do whatever.
>>
>>52223372
Crap, make that Shift-F10
>>
>>52221644

fuck u OP , wasted time figuring out if pic was related or not

is that a neural network?
>>
Yes it is.

Anyways I managed to get WindowsPE going but it didn't seem to fix the issue. It says that both volumes are intact and didn't need fixing, yet I still can't boot into windows.

Is there something else I need to do? Repair the boot sector maybe?
>>
bump

Been up all night trying to figure this out.
>>
>>52221644
Post part two of the image you raging cunt
>>
File: 20121110NN3DVisual2of2.jpg (300 KB, 1700x2338) Image search: [Google]
20121110NN3DVisual2of2.jpg
300 KB, 1700x2338
>>52227780
Here

I've no clue how to fix the errors I'm getting. 0xc0000225 seems to be the generic "we don't know what the fuck is happening" error.

Tried setting active partition using disk part, didn't work.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.