[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VPN discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1451682652541.webm (3 MB, 552x360) Image search: [Google]
1451682652541.webm
3 MB, 552x360
I need a good VPN, preferably free but I realize you can have something good or you can have something free but generally not both. /g/ seems like the place to go with this and I'm sure there's quite a few people use.
>>
I don't understand, is that a cop?
>>
>free
>vpn
plz no anon
>>
OPs webm is dog the bounty hunter i believe.
>>
>>52218637
OK then what are some good paid ones I'm not picky. Just want to know what /g/ thinks is best since the average person on here more tech literate than I'll ever be
>>
>>52218574
get the full service at promotional free price for sometime
there is always someone doint it
i think okayfreedom is currently free for full package
>>
Also interested, but don't want to pay more than $12 monthly.
>>
>>52218680
kek
>>
>>52218574
You get what you pay for with VPNs. Even the cheaper paid ones like NordVPN are complete and utter shit. I used VikingVPN for a month and it was by far the best service I've had, but it's just too damn expensive for me.
>>
I guess I'll ask this here if anyone uses nordvpn.

I've been connecting to the dedicated IP server in my NordVPN list and I've been getting the same IP for the past two weeks. NordVPN says you're charged extra for the dedicated IP, but I did not pay such a fee, yet I am using the dedicated IP server and keep getting the same IP.

Is NordVPN scamming people or does the dedicated IP simply come with their basic subscription?
>>
>>52218602
arkansas game and fish dude
i don't know why he was involved...
dude was allegedly an armed robber, still armed. i don't think he ended up being that though.. just a crackhead or something
>>
Tunnelbear actually works pretty well for being (mostly) free. Only downside is that free version has a data cap.
>>
>>52218705
hotshield imo
>>
Has anyone used Private Internet Access. I'm a little leary of the fact that they're based in the US but they do seem to consistently get good reviews
>>
>>52224632
I'd go with Mullvad instead or maybe Tor Guard? I've used them before
>>
>google torrentfreak+vpn
>>
>>52224632
I use PIA. Only have it for torrenting because my ISP is known for sending letters. Never had any issues. No noticeable hit on speed. Hit 9MB/s down recently (That is bytes not bits).
>>
>>52225251
Would also like to add I've used TorGuard and BTGuard and were not happy with them. Although it's been so long they may have improved.
>>
reddit was shilling NordVPN the other day and i looked it over and it does check a lot of boxes. if i decide to use one itll probably be that.
>>
>>52218574
Hey, I'll share with you my secret method of infinite free rather gud VPN

e meil me at

[email protected]

and pls keep it secret. I don't share it here because too many people using it will lead to it being discovered and stahped.
>>
>>52224632
Yes.
>>
>>52218574
Cryptostorm. Decent speed, a good selection of nodes to connect to, bitcoin payment availability, decentralized, not based in the U.S., etc. Overall, it or NordVPN would be good but I prefer Cryptostorm.
>>
>>52224632

CISA just passed.

Isnt PIA is operated by a US company? network privacy pretty much defeated now for US based VPNs.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.