[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want a top end monitor to play games on >looking at G-Sync
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (615 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
file.png
615 KB, 700x394
>want a top end monitor to play games on
>looking at G-Sync monitors
>reading lots of complaints about backlight bleeding and dead pixels

What's the deal with this? Are all IPS monitors plagued with this shit?
>>
>IPS
- backlight glow, poor greys and blacks, lag
+ no contrast shift
>VA
- contrast shift, lag
+ better geys and black, no glow
>TN
- shit colors, shit viewing angle
+ fast, less ghosting

pick your poison
>>
File: hpLP2475w.jpg (54 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
hpLP2475w.jpg
54 KB, 500x416
only the chinese crap Asus makes, Anon.
>>
>>52217972
have same problem
looking for a nice ips monitor with 120+hz and gsync but I wont buy that asus or acer one, they both suffer from horrible backlight bleedingt and dead pixeles. shitty qa in general.

I even put 1000€ on the side when ever a monitor comes out that ISNT shit but well, looks like I cant spend that money.
>>
File: 69746498564.jpg (119 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
69746498564.jpg
119 KB, 800x800
I did have that problem, except with freesync. In the end I took the risk and bought an Acer xf270hu. This is basically the xb270hu with freesync instead of gsync.

It's 1440p, 144Hz, IPS. Every forum and review section was full of complaints about dead pixels and backlight bleed.

Mine arrived with no backlight bleed (well, maybe a tiny bit in complete darkness with the display on full brightness showing a black picture, but it's very difficult to perceive) and no dead pixels. I can say so far it's my favorite display in years.

Your mileage may vary, as the QA seems to make it a bit of a lucky dip.

My primary complaint in the ugly orange ring and the high price (though it's cheaper than the Gsync one).

Also, while the Gsync one gets complaints about having a glossy plastic build, my monitor is completely matte in finish that looks a bit metallic in person. Not sure if unique to my batch or representative of this model in general.
>>
>>52217972
Is that really how they look on the back? God damn that looks cool.
>>
IPS inherently have IPS glow and usually have tons of Backlight Bleed.

IPS panels ALWAYS have IPS glow. It's inherent to the technology.

All current LCD panels always have backlight bleed. You're not going to get a TN, IPS, PLS, VA etc. panel without backlight bleed. You can get one with 0.1% backlight bleed, but it's still there. It's just how it is.

IPS have good colors but are slow.

TN have shit colors but are fast.

VA have good colors and are fast but are HEAVILY dependent on quality control.
>>
>>52220023
I ended up just getting a Philips 4K VA panel. Like it a lot. Don't regret not waiting for a good G-Sync at all.
>>
I have no complaints with my ROG swift. I've had it over a year now. Pretty fucking sweet
>>
>>52219257

>IPS
>poor greys and blacks

that is simply nt true the opposite is the case, they are the best at it

dingus
>>
When are we gonna see OLED monitors become mainstream?
>>
>>52221761
When they stop burning in. Which is after 2020.
>>
>>52217972
I recommend the Philips 242G5DJEB.
>>
>>52219257
>IPS
>Not listing muh color accuracy

:^)
>>
>>52219269
If my three LP2475ws were 4K and made a little less heat I'd keep them forever.
>>
>>52221866
Only 4 years from now? I'll hold you to that.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.