[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did Amazon jack up the price of Prime to $99?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (43 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.jpg
43 KB, 660x371
why did Amazon jack up the price of Prime to $99?
>>
because they can
>>
Because their is no way a value that amazing can last
>>
Because we were all willing to pay for it.
>>
because you now have access to there extensive prime streaming library for free!
>>
>>52217842
This. Video and music licensing ain't cheap
>>
File: 1385251326918.png (175 KB, 348x312) Image search: [Google]
1385251326918.png
175 KB, 348x312
Wasn't it $99 last year too

or is this something new
>>
Well if yall don't know you can get it half off if you're a college student
>>
>>52217901
how do I fake being a college student?
>>
>>52217842
>because you now have access to there extensive prime streaming library for free!
what if i don't want that and just want the shipping thing?
>>
>>52217901
Just keep requesting new email aliases from your school and get prime for free. Been doing this for the past 3 years and I graduated a year ago.
>>
>>52217797
because there are idiots out there that will pay that much for it
>>
>>52217933
I haven't been in college fora few years and just signed up for prime a couple months ago at $50. They were spamming the shit out of me with offers.
>>
>>52217869
>>52217955
Prime music is absolute garbage.
They don't have any music at all.
>>
Amazon charges me $50 / yr with an .edu address.
>>
>>52218316
>Amazon charges me $50 / yr with an .edu address.
how get?
>>
>>52217797
sheeeit

finally something euros can actually get cheaper

I just pay €29 cuckdollars for prime a year

but I guess it's because America is fuckhuge and shipping more expensive
>>
>>52217964
I feel like there would be major repercussions once they realize they've been giving free prime to the same person via different emails.
Like, they'll see the same billing/shipping address going to these emails eventually.
>>
>>52218975
just abuse free trials, can use the same email address if you use gmail
[email protected] = [email protected]

email will go to the original gmail account but amazon sees it as a different email.
>>
>>52217797
It's still worth it imo.

I'll be eating my words in a few months when they raise the price, won't I?
>>
Who pays $99 for Amazon Prime?
I pay 2€/Month with music, Video and all that shit.
>>
>>52219476
where do you pay monthly for prime?

I'm from Europe as well but in Germany you pay per year, UK as well
>>
>>52219588
Deutscher Bruder

Broken down to a month i pay 2€. So i pay 24 per year.
Amazon Prime Video Student.
I registered my University Mail in germany
>>
>>52217885
It has been $99 dollars since it first came out. I don't know what OP is fucking talking about.
>>
>>52219881
no it wasn't. it was $79 when it first came out. it was raised to $99 about 2 years ago.,
>>
>>52217797
because top gear is coming to prime this year and people will be bending over backwards paying whatever shit to see it.

Nobody says a bad thing about prime, suddenly they get top gear, and all their friends are telling them prime is the best.
>>
>>52217933
You could try registering at a community college then don't take any classes. Usually there aren't any application fees for CC, in burgerland atleast. You get a .edu domain email which works for most college discounts on the net.
>>
because they added the video and music streaming to it.

the biggest loss was the ability to share the prime shipping privileges with 3 other amazon accounts. you could go in with your friends and they give you $20 each, poof, $20 for unlimited 2 day on amazon. made the break even very easy.

now it's $99 and you can only share it with someone you want to share ALL your credit card info with, which blows.
>>
>>52218299
>Prime music and video is aboslute garbage

FTFY
>>
>>52220823
dont know about you
but at the cc i went to we never got a .edu email
>>
>>52221157
shitty cc
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.