[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its official http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2 015-george
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 250x197) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 250x197
Its official

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-george-hotz-self-driving-car/

In the video George hotz said cars are more computers. Cars are officially tech related.

This is a man whos more intelligent than anyone currently on /g/ has spoken.

So who here is looking forward to level 4 self-driving technology
>>
>>52210273
>news article from Bloomberg.com
>website run by guy who tried to Ban large drinks
>>
Sorry i forgot, /g/ is pretty much /consumer tech/

Fucking autists
>>
>>52210273
Which one of you hit that kid with the ugly stick?
>>
File: early-vehicle-lores[1].jpg (413 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
early-vehicle-lores[1].jpg
413 KB, 1000x666
self driving cars are for faggots and woman
>>
>>52210728
I'd rather deal with a self driving car then with a shitty taxi. Uber is better but still, fuck taxi drivers.
>>
>>52210742
If you cant afford a car you should just take public transport. No one thinks youre cool for using uber or a taxi
>>
>>52210273
Hots or Musk?

Gonna go for the rocket man space genius over this autist man child building shit in his moms garage (upstairs basement)
>>
>>52210766
I have a car, but when I travel and i need to be somewhere for business I take a taxi instead of dealing with public transport that i'm not familiar with.
>>
>>52210273
Are you underage? In what world do you live in where cars are not tech? Do you even engineering?
>>
>>52210772
I bet you're a steve jobs fanboy
>>
>>52210772
Funny thing, Musk offerd Hots employment at tesla and that he would pay for all his research, but hots declined.
>>
Nigga you gay.
>>
>>52210788
"Do you even engineering"
>do you even
Lmao stfu zyzz nerd
>>
I'd rather pay a subscription for an automated car than actually own a car. My car sits in my driveway 95% of the time, it's a total waste (and so do most american cars).
>>
>>52210789
Nop never liked like jobs

- Sent from my linux

>>52210791
Because he's a serial quitter, I read some article that said the he keeps quitting his jobs, me thinks he's job some incompetence issues.
>>
>>52210831
get a job
>>
>>52210835
Considering the stuff he's achived i don't think hes a quitter, but hes a serious autist and unable to deal with other people (and literally would drive you up the wall).
>>
>>52210831
why buy a car if it sits 95% of the time? Thats your mistake fucking retard
>>
>>52210843
What? I have a job, the point still stands, the car is not in use when i'm working/at home which is most of my time.
>>52210859
Because i live in suburbs and you can't do shit here without a car. A bus to grocery would take an hour or more, and same for any simple shit.
>>
>>52210845
Aside feom hacking iphone and ps3 and general mischief. What are his major accomplishments, im not denying the guy is smart as hell but what has he actually accomplished in the past
>>
>>52210875
doesnt driv it 95% of the time
Hurrrr my groceries

Youre so full of shit
>>
>>52210895
Try calculating trip time in a car to store vs time in a week idle and you'll have your answer you stupid chuckle fuck.
>>
>>52210845
I don't see what the big deal about this guy is. What has he achieved? Hack some piece of shit phone and some piece of shit console, everyone knows other people where just hours or days behind him on those.
And now he's put a computer in a car that is all but self-driving anyway.
http://www.acura.com/Features.aspx?model=MDX
Look at the features, it's all electronic, all he had to do was interface with it... He hasn't done anything, he's not special.
>>
>>52210922
>he includes times hes asleep

Desperately grasping at the straws

Chuckle fuck
>>
>>52210941
Oh shit, i must be driving the car in my sleep too then?

Seriously you are the dumbest retard i've ever had the displeasure of reading text of.
>>
>>52210937
Damn you're i mean you couldve done it. Right? Fuck off to /v/ nerd
>>
>>52210955
>>
>>52210937
>hack a piece of device from a billion dollar company and cause a huge change to the way the industry approches personal infromation/freedom of carrier

Oh but yes but you've achived so much more right anon? Shit can i work at tesla mr. stark?
>>
>>52210273
>More intelligent
Different circumstances in life. If I had whatever gave him the opportunity to be this smart, I'd be making self-driving cars as well.
>>
>>52210975
Your ad hominem is shit, seriously post an argument or fuck off.
>>
>>52210983
So hes more intelligent than you? Its the ends that counts. Stay infeior sumbcunt
>>
>>52210996
Desperately grasping at the straws again
=)
>>
>>52210728
Computer driving > women driving

Why the fuck are you even complaining?
>>
>>52210981
>>52210960
Stop making it all about me you projecting faggots, I was at university wreaking untold amounts of pussy when this little nerd was sitting in his dark room thinking about the interior of an iphone 1 like I think about a girl.
>>
>>52210273
>This is a man whos more intelligent than anyone currently on /g/ has spoken.

Well that's just not correct at all.
What makes you give him this qualification?
>>
>>52211030
That was just pathetic.
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 960x960
>>52211030
>>
>>52211000
>Introduced to technology at a young age and jailbroke an iPhone at 17.
Some driving force allowed him to be this way. So while he is more "intelligent" its completely circumstantial. If I had his uobringing and introduction to tech at that young of an age, instead of at the age of 18, I'd be just as smart.
>>
>>52211040
Thanks for the criticism I'll take it on board.
>>
>>52211049

Lmao im like lmao
>>
>>52210686
>implying that your GNU/autism is tech
>implying that "consumer" technology like phones don't belong on /g/
>>
>>52210941
>>52210975
>>52211014
>>52211073
Why don't you grasp a bunch of straws with your asshole?
>>
>>52211085
>implying

Still using implying? Damn....grt on with the times faggot
>>
>>52211114
>not understanding the idiom

At least youre still in high school so you many years left to learn :). Right? I mean you couldnt be older than 17 and not understand what grasping at he straw means right?right?

Cuck
>>
>>52211114
lold
>>
>>52211129
Considering how you type you can't be over 12 or white. What jamal is doing on /g/ is beyond me, maybe trying to figure out how to unlock stolen phones again? Give it back jamal.
>>
>>52211147
>ad homenmins

Dat butthurt
>>
>>52211118
Spotted the newfag.
>>
>>52211163
Just because you heard of a new word doesn't mean you have any understanding of it, jamal.
>>
>>52211173
>he didnt get it

I guess thats expected of people on the spectrum
>>
>self crashing cars

Ya nah im cool
>>
>>52211195
I'd trust a self driving car over a teenage or elder driver.
>>
>>52211207
I wouldnt teens and elders are not prone to Random shutdowns
>>
>>52211226
Elders are.
>>
>>52211241
The ones who are shouldnt be driving
>>
>>52211226
>teens
Are you nuts? Teens all drink like mad and drive.
>>
File: myb-takephoto.tmp.jpg (60 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
myb-takephoto.tmp.jpg
60 KB, 640x360
Companies have and will continue making these advanced computer systems to keep their vehicles proprietary. People used to really enjoy working on cars. Now unplug the wrong wire and you need a whole new part. It's to keep us stupid.

If you are pro self driving cars you are anti /g/ simple as that.
>>
>>52211410
Anti automation is anti /g/.
>>
>>52211410
>If you are pro self driving cars you are anti /g/ simple as that.
So if you're anti-technological advancement you're anti-/g/?

Are you retarded?
>>
>>52211451
Cool, so you want self-playing videogames?

Bluetooth will be the #1 weapon of choice in this century. Enjoy script kiddies murdering your whole family.
>>
>>52211556

Not when the technology provided will do more harm than good.

You're not a synth, are you?
>>
>>52211556
>wanting corporations to have even more power over you and have them inside of the car with you at all times along with your best bud the NSA
>>
>>52211410

Naw man. I'm pro self driving cars but it won't be implemented in our lifetime. There's just too many factors to take in such as retarded pedestrians and drivers.
>>
>>52210273
> kid writes a few lines of python script
> records footage with car
> endangers everyone on the road
> WOW GENIUZZZZ

I am not against self-driving cars... as much as I love driving. It would be a handy addition to long trips.
But what this kid made? It's a joke.
>>
>>52212744
He's been making Jailbreaks for iOS and PS3's for years.
>>
>>52212765
I know his story, but he also used others work for the iOS break. And he is no Chainfire.
>>
>get my new Google car
>never have to drive again!
>botnet requires my car to drive to places partnered with Google every week
>>
>>52212744
How is it a joke? you don't even understand what he did
>>
>>52211451
>emacs is so much better than any other IDE, look! I can compile this program by pressing CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-X-M-P and putting a finger up my ass!
>>
>>52211030
This is just pathetic.

Congratulations, you USED TO wreck mad pussy back when you peaked in university, just like billions of people before you. Nobody gives a shit, ask a random person on the street if they would rather listen to your stories about wrecking pussy in university, or take a ride in Geohots self-driving car while he talked about how back in the day tech companies were trying to throw him in jail because he kept hacking their devices, you know in your heart which one of the two of you has lived a cooler life. You sound like a fucking jelly burnout DESU.
>>
>>52210273
he is based
>unlocks iphone
>jailbreaks iphone
>jailbreaks ps3
>makes self driving car
>>
>>52210671
soft drinks, no less
>>
i can't wait to get rid of all of the delivery drivers at our warehouse and use some sort of vending machine/amazon locker type deal in the vehicles. these faggots have no respect for the business and always screw around.
>>
To the retards living 3rd world countries and saying that self driving cars are for retards and women.
Usually in a first world country fines are based on your income.
With self driving car you could move the responsibility to the car manufacturer.
>>
good thread

compelling and rich in content
>>
>>52215497

that sounds like a service, would you pay 20 usd mountly?
>>
>>52210686
Self-driving cars are /consumer tech/.
>>
>>52210728
They'd save over a million human lives a year, quite a lot of those being actual good drivers who got fucked over by some idiot driving.
Yes, driving is fun. Go to a racetrack for that. For now, as soon as Auto's are safer than people (They already are) and can navigate shit like heavy snow and police signals ( they will be able to in 4 years now) then human drivers on public roads should be utterly outlawed.
>>
>>52215737
>save over a million human lives a year
That's not good thing.
World is already overpopulated.
>>
>>52215790
You sound like the 12 year old idiots I teach who think they're deep when they say "Cancer is good because it helps overpopulation".
First, no we're not, do some basic geology and biology, secondly, the west, the people who are single handedly holding up the rest of the world for fucking charity sake, has declining birth rates, the only countries a vast depopulation would help hardly even have fucking cars, let alone could afford self driving ones.

The worlds population is fine, it's just there's a lot of wealthy people hogging more resources than they use, and then just let them rot, and there's a lot of hungry people too fucking stupid to farm.
>>
>Auto Car stops at red light
>Ad covers the windshield for 30 seconds
>Can't mute speakers
>Premium subscribers don't stop at intersections
>Intersections are now literally ads
>Long stretches of highway now force auto cars to pull over at rest stops for ads
>Doors are locked until the ad finishes
>>
>Auto car stops at a gas station
>Ad covers screen, can't get out until its over or I press skip

>Auto car reaches destination
>Ad plays about auto car i'm in telling me how great it is
>This ad plays every time. Everyone hates it or at least makes fun of it.

>Business's pay to play ads to auto cars that pass by them

>Auto car has built in redbox for movies and games. (this would be kinda dope)
>>
>>52215113
But it is.
>>
File: 1443095230_cait-zomo.jpg (38 KB, 760x555) Image search: [Google]
1443095230_cait-zomo.jpg
38 KB, 760x555
>>52210728
and transgendered monstrosities.
>>
From George Hotz's Wikipedia Page concerning Sony lawsuit:

>After the root keys of the console were published, Sony initiated litigation against George Hotz and predecessor PlayStation 3 hacking group known as fail0verflow. Hotz published his commentary on the case, including a song about the "disaster" of Sony. Sony in turn has demanded social media sites, including YouTube, to hand over IP addresses of people who visited Geohot's social pages and videos; the latter being the case only for those who "watched the video and 'documents reproducing all records or usernames and IP addresses that have posted or published comments in response to the video".

>PayPal has granted Sony access to Geohot's PayPal account, and the judge of the case granted Sony permission to view the IP addresses of everyone who visited geohot.com. In April 2011, it was revealed that Sony and Hotz had settled the lawsuit out of court, on the condition that Hotz would never again resume any hacking work on Sony products.

Since when is this OK? Some guy broke the law or something, now give me a list of every single person who viewed his website?? Wtf??
>>
>>52216454
>implying autoautos will run on gas
>2016, year of the linux car
>>
>root my auto car to stop ads
>half the car now doesn't work including the windows and 911
>thanks /g/
>>
>>52216579
>implying a non centralized os could be used in a system where every vehicle needs to communicate with every other vehicle in a standardized fashion.
>Literally the opposite of linux.

I guess there could be a auto car distro.
>>
>>52216676
>implying autocar is not the technical name for the current automobile
>implying it won't have sensors and a preloaded city map and can't interpret google maps from your phone
>>
I am looking forward to self-driving cars
>>
>>52210831
Or own a car and hire it out when you don't use it, like a automatic Uber car. And earn some cash
>>
>>52214629
he literally said its a rather short program written in python, and he is trying to teach the car how others drive.

I am not overly positive about this entire thing.
He could just break the PS4 or something useful.
>>
>>52216571
big company > you / laws
>>
>>52210273
>George hotz said...
>Cars are officially tech related.
I'm hiding this thread and filtering everything with that retarded faggots name.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.