[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tfw trying to learn Programming and then Reverse-Engineering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: crying retard.jpg (156 KB, 1338x1600) Image search: [Google]
crying retard.jpg
156 KB, 1338x1600
>Tfw trying to learn Programming and then Reverse-Engineering
>Tfw too stupid to understand anything beyond beginner-level
Mfw is pic related.

It's too difficult to understand it all, should I just give up?

Who here / Too stupid to learn programming/?
>>
File: 1429421090957.jpg (44 KB, 794x480) Image search: [Google]
1429421090957.jpg
44 KB, 794x480
>>52204086
>Baby pic
Didn't read.
>>
>>52204191
>>>/a/
>>
>>52204191
>>>/a/
>>
>>52204086
Baby steps, my friend. Don't try to do everything at once.
>>
>>52204191
>>>/a/
>>
I started off with programming, (java to be specific) and i didn't become fluent in it until one day I had jury duty, so i had nothing better to do then read PDFs on my phone, and i learned the concepts.
From there, learned several other languages like C and ARM etc.. and later dropped java for C#. Once I had a handle on programming and basic computer concepts, i started getting interested in hacking gen6 pokemon games and joined PPorg. Learned security there and moved up.. talked to smart people, rinse and repeat till you're able to RE disassembled C++ and write a custom firmware. That's where I am now.
>>
>>52204191
>>>/a/
>>
>>52204086

If you were stupid anon you wouldn't be here you are just impatient.
>>
>>52204662
>>52204394
>Learned security there and moved up.. talked to smart people, rinse and repeat till you're able to RE disassembled C++ and write a custom firmware. That's where I am now.

That "rinse and repeat" sounds like it takes a period of 20 years.

It's just... That it feels like WAYYY too much stuff to understand it all.

>Learn a bit of some new concept in C++ after lots of working at it
>"Cool I feel happy I learned something new! It was worth it!"
>Look at some video of reverse engineering on youtube
>Literally do not understand a single part of what's going on
>None of it makes any sense, feels as though I need to read 15 whitepapers, 3-5 books, 4 blogs and several youtube series to understand

And then only that is fucking scratching the surface... Then there's like 30 other platforms and many other intricacies...
>>
>>52204794
>That "rinse and repeat" sounds like it takes a period of 20 years.
Actually, ive only been in this scene for maybe 2 years at most. I guess I learn fast, but at the same time, i used to do tons of pokemon rom hacks prior, so i already knew how pointers and ASM and shit worked. I just had to learn cryptography.
>>
>>52204870
Is feeling like you don't know anything just a regular part of programming?
>>
>>52204394
>i didn't become fluent in it until one day I had jury duty, so i had nothing better to do then read PDFs on my phone, and i learned the concepts.
haha, i also read python docs during jury duty
>>
File: BzmDP_yCEAAvXdx.png (359 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
BzmDP_yCEAAvXdx.png
359 KB, 600x450
>>52204924
>>
>>52204997
Tbqh.

>Tfw eager and excited to make some new kewl program
>Tfw a few hours later ready to give it all up and pursue another career and just pay someone to do it for me
>>
>>52204794
If you're still starting, don't even touch reverse-engineering. You're basically a third grader trying to solve problems in a high school algebra textbook. You'll get to it soon enough, but don't expect to be able to solve polynomial expressions just because you can solve 5x = 15.
>>
>>52205253
When can I touch it?

At what point am I able to start understanding and learning it? Because unless I start sooner or later it doesn't feel like it'll get much easier... Should I just dedicate more time to learning assembly and try to "jump into it"?
>>
>>52204794
>None of it makes any sense, feels as though I need to read 15 whitepapers, 3-5 books, 4 blogs and several youtube series to understand
Treat it like an mmo questchain and it becomes more tolerable.
>>
>>52205157
The only thing that kills me is hitting a brick wall with something. Those times when you've thought through the whole thing, written it carefully, and checked it over thrice but for whatever inexplicable reason *it still won't work*. As long as I'm making decent progress the motivation comes easily.
>>
>>52204662
>only smart people can find /g/, muh sekrit club
>>
>>52205572
The worst is when you feel as though you've "hit a brick wall" but in reality you're just overlooking some minor detail like a fucking retard and it appears invisible to you when in reality any noob can notice it and fix it.

Annoying AS FUCK.

>Keep trying to fix something
>Won't work
>Do it the hard way, go over everything
>Still won't work
>End up posting it on forum or asking someone in IRC
>Oh it was literally nothing and right in front of you the entire time

It makes me want to get rich enough to be able to just pay people to solve all these problems for me. I just want to pay people to deal with the headache while I relax.
>>
Anyone else feel like a hack. Whenever i'm stuck i think about the problem for a while and then if i can't solve it i usually google it. then its like i go blank go to my editor type a couple of lines of some sort of solution then the shit works. Sometimes i understand what i'm typing but its rare.

>>52205572
This desu senpai. nothing worse than spending hours on a single problem that isnt even that big.
>>
>>52206267
i just had something like this happen recently because i thought a lowercase L was a 1...fml
>>
>>52207022
I almost dropped programming entirely when I first started because the hello world I copied from a book wouldn't run. I only found out right before I gave up that it was because I wrote I instead of l in endl.
>>
>>52204191
>>>/a/
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.