[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://pastebin.com/EUPxtwb8 Still think code camps are a good idea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: images.png (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3 KB, 225x225
http://pastebin.com/EUPxtwb8

Still think code camps are a good idea?
>>
>>52202166
I remember when this shit was on the front page of herpernews. Did the guy end up getting sued? I remember Coding house lawyers scared the fucker off.
>>
>>52202166
>asked me to clean his backyard

whaddafuk
>>
10/10 read
>>
G/
>>
>>52202166
>>
>>52206742
>>
>>52206748
>>
>>52206811
>>
>>52206891
>>
>>52203484
Yeah the guy did get sued. I have a copy of the complete report if anyone wants it. Just post a burn mail.
>>
>>52206748
Professor is that you?
>>
>>52209506
pastebin it. information wants to be free.
>>
>>52209528
You can't pastebin a .PDF. Aside from the images, everything is in the pastebin.

If you want to host it yourself, post a burn email and I'll ship it over.
>>
>>52209718
Also if you post an email, the file you get should have a sha hash of :

f1c43d03e19e7966e9b49ee9a11888cc04220fe7
>>
>coding camps literally make you watch youtube tutorials all day long
kek
>>
>>52210525
The difference is that you don't have to pay $15.000 to watch YouTube videos in your free time.
>>
>>52209787
could you upload it to mixtape.moe?
>>
>>52211336
Done

https://my.mixtape.moe/sqmmcp.pdf
>>
>>52211396
thanks family member
>>
>>52211396
Dat forced self-humiliation in those tweets, though.

>Oh thank you @codinghouse! I sure love this place! Wow, @codinghouse sure is amazing! Holy shit! I swear I'm not being forced to write this! #awoooo #codinghouse #helpme
>>
Do you guys think posting this everywhere will make a difference?
>>
>>52202166
>Sucked that there was a $14,400 price tag but I liked that a chef
would be cooking the student’s meals and that students would live and learn
under one house.

stopped reading
>>
>>52211715
Well, how are normies supposed to figure out what a huge scam these bootcamps are when all you read about it online are articles that participants were forced to write, praising the shit out of everything about them?
>>
>>52211751
I dunno maybe I'm more cynical or maybe it's the "gunna gets me dat sweet money" naivety of the tech community in california, but if I wanted someone to teach me to program from scratch I'd want a lot more reassurance than some faggot cooking me meals before parting with 15k.

I mean surely there are one-to-one tutors for this stuff, like language or maths lessons, who you pay in cash by the hour for evening tuition for a few months?
>>
>>52211751
Common sense maybe
>>
>>52211887
That's why I said "how are *normies* supposed to..." instead of "how are *you* supposed to...".
>>
>>52202166
wow that really sucks senpai
>>
>>52211751
general rule of life - applies _everywhere_. if it sounds too good to be true - it is.
>>
>>52202166
Is there anyone here who originally thought coding camps were a good idea? I remember /g/ blasting them from the beginning.

Who the fuck honestly thinks you can take a major life skill and learn to do it well by just cramming that shit for a month? Holy fuck, that sounds awful, both for the attendees and the companies that eventually hire them.
>>
>>52211751
in this case, too good to be true part was the whole 14,400 USD for a web dev job or your money back.
>>
I don't know op, they're getting rave reviews: https://www.coursereport.com/schools/coding-house#/reviews
>>
>>52211994
>companies that eventually hire them
>>
>>52212018
Not any more
>>
Reminds me of my last, and hopefully only, encounter with one of these code academy monkeys:
>Staff meeting about a year ago
>HR complains about how all the developers are male and how this is a huge problem
>We in turn point out that HR is all female and that if us being all male is a problem, then so is them being all female
>Loads of lulz were had, but HR gets the management to agree to two women-only developer positions by having their paychecks coming out of the HR budget
>Because their paycheck is coming out of the HR budget they get to do the hiring process on their own
>The girls they hire are naturally both bootcamp monkeys with a total of 4 months experience each
>Basically we just end up having to teach them the technologies we use as they didn't even know them despite the job posting, a modified version of a previous one open to both genders, clearly stated them
>Complain to them that we should probably transfer one of the developers teaching them onto the HR payroll as one of us is doing pretty much full time teaching of these two
>HR denies this request
>Company made some investments hoping that the economy would pick up faster than it did, so we end up having to do layoffs to keep the investors happy
>Thanks to a good relationship with management the developers are spared in the layoff round
>We suddenly find that these two are now on our payroll and not the HR's payroll anymore
>Told in no uncertain terms that we're not to fire them and that they're only on our payroll to avoid layoffs in the HR-department
>Hard time finding enough people to lay off so we offer these two to the management
>They get laid off with no legal problems thanks to union backed first-in-first-out rules
>HR is naturally pissed off, but can't do shit about it
>>
>>52211994
Well if you look at it from the perspective of "diversity" hires (i.e hiring people because of their ethnicity and gender) it makes for a good excuse to hire people who otherwise wouldn't have the skills necessary to get hired. Hell, the "diversity" support aspect is probably the biggest thing propping these "boot camps" up.

So they suck if you're a white male, but they're definitely a big boon for if you're ether not male or white as companies' HR and management get a decent excuse to hire you despite you not being having the skills necessary to get hired on your own skills and experience.
>>
>>52211994
>major life skill
>web dev
>>
>>52212282
nice

sounds like a shit company to work at
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.