[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
will they break our hearts (links) imageshack-style a few years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: logo-1200-630.jpg (31 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
logo-1200-630.jpg
31 KB, 1200x630
will they break our hearts (links) imageshack-style a few years from now?
>>
File: 1439761242786.png (71 KB, 324x392) Image search: [Google]
1439761242786.png
71 KB, 324x392
>>52201479
>used to have thousands of awesome pictures posted with imageshack in forums
>the pictures are all gone
>can't edit the posts

Years of work gone forever.
>>
What happened with ImageShack?
>>
imgur is already shit
>loads flash on every page that isn't a direct link to the image
>hijacks keyboard commands
>loads poorly on mobile
>has already been turned into a malware vector due to shitty coding on at least one occasion
We need a new one
>>
>>52202111
>having flash installed
>>
>>52201592
Pretty sure they just randomly delete pictures after a certain amount of time; don't you ever find old forum posts in Google, and then you click something, and it links to imageshack, but tells you "This was removed by the user"? Pretty sure they are lying through their teeth. There's no way all those users removed all those pictures on their own.
>>
>>52202151
Imgur does this too
>>
>>52201479
Absolutely. Any image host that you are not hosting on your own personal server will vanish into the ether one day.
>>
I actually like imgur though. You can log in from the WiiU gamepad and post screenshots of the gamepad or the TV to it directly (can you do this from other consoles? I would imagine you can). Why just the other day I realized you can Alt+Print Screen and paste the output directly into imgur's upload box without even needing to go into paint and save a file. I don't trust them though, I never publish my pictures and I make sure to keep copies of anything important on my hard drive.
>>
>>52202253
imgur is partially owned by reddit. They're not to be trusted
>>
>>52202111
I wanna see them load any kind of flash on my system with uninstalled flash.
>>
I'm still mad at them because of their gifv retardation
>>
>>52202111
A new reddit mirror, or a new image uploading site ?
Because there are already plenty of the latter, and plenty good ones at that.
>>
>>52201479
I hope so, fuck that faggot reddit-tier fuckboi site.
>>
>>52202328
Why? Aside from the fact that you can't save them as proper webms, it's still better than regular gifs.
>>
>>52202363
Example?
>>
>>52202394
Because they're webms in a flash container that you can't save if you have Flash installed/enabled.
Look at them in a browser with no Flash, and you'll just be getting the webm files.

>>52202407
http://peecee.dk/ - Danish, but simple enough that anyone should be able to use it even without running it through google translate. Anonymous, email optional if you want to be able to delete files, your IP is attached to uploads so you can access them through "Mine uploads" later. Neither IP or email is shown publically. No webm support, though.
Also all the pomf clones
>>
Host your images on your own website.
>>
>>52202394
Because they're literally webms that imgur is wrapping with their own shit and pretending its original
>>
>>52202468
No, I don't have flash installed, and when I try to save it its still not webm. And also the right click menu doesn't offer save video as option in Firefox either.
>>
File: file.png (711 KB, 1095x660) Image search: [Google]
file.png
711 KB, 1095x660
>>52202539
>also the right click menu doesn't offer save video as option in Firefox either.
It does for me
>>
>>52202566
Strange. I haven't checked it in a while, maybe they fixed it finally.

On mobile atm tho, so can't verify.

But thanks anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 633x758
>ImageShack slowly vanished
>the cringe ass 1337 hacker board you signed up 7 years ago at 15 years old still exists
>>
File: Confused Cat.jpg (35 KB, 555x604) Image search: [Google]
Confused Cat.jpg
35 KB, 555x604
>>52202111
>flash
Nice trips though.
>>
who else always thought it was called "image's hack"? lel
>>
>>52202720
Literally no one but you
>>
>>52201557
iktf anon, I used rapidshare to hold a lot of data :(
>>
how do image hosting sites even exist

shit uses a ton of bandwidth and all of it is hyperlinked meaning 99% of people using your traffic don't even visit your site
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.