[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Codemoney free zone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1450918246974.jpg (75 KB, 557x336) Image search: [Google]
1450918246974.jpg
75 KB, 557x336
This is a codemonkey free zone. You may only post in this thread if you took at least 2 semesters each of algebra, analysis, and topology during your undergrad.
>>
>>52201309
Post pic with timestamp first, faggot.
>>
>>52201309
Good luck getting a job without a PhD and 5 published articles then, you dense unsociable faggot
>>
>>52201309
Can I just call myself "programmer"? I really don't give a shit about calling myself a software engineer. Thanks.

Also I would argue that analysis (if you mean the American calculus) Is hardly a theoretical CS topics and it's easy to drift into applied purposes.
Also, what about set theory and formal languages and shit?

but take this with a grain of salt since it comes from a former CS student who went on to become a filthy programmer ;^)
>>
I did all that, got a math degree, and now I'm a happy codemonkey. What's your point?
>>
>>52201309
Im chemistry majour but im web devving..

am I allowed?

I took stats, calc 2, linear algebra 2,

I had to program a organic chain library in python
>>
>>52202514
I was at a party after finals week and a group of codemonkey kids congregated in a corner and started talking about Node. I was laughing my ass off
>>
>>52201309
code monkeys make all the money tho
>>
Took Calculus 1-3, linear algebra, differential equations and a few cross-disciplinary engineering courses like statically and thermodynamics. Am a code monkey?
>>
for the same idiots that spend 10,000 dollars on a 'how to get laid' seminar
>>
I talked to a code monkey major while I was at a party once. Told him I didn't like java because of wordy it was, told him I prefered C/C++. He told me I must have not done any real "coding".

Kek'd all the way to the bank.
>>
>>52201309
Took three courses of calculus, one linear algebra, one of differential equations plus numerical analysis, two of statistics and one about thermodynamics, as part of my computer engineering degree.
>>
>>52203262
>He Kek'd all the way to the bank
fixed
>>
>>52203262
>told him I preferred being unemployed

FTFY anon
>>
>>52203520
thinking your low level web dev job of 75K - 90K is impressive >
i even added the meme arrow on the end for you
:>)
>>
File: zuckerberg-1940x1164.jpg (415 KB, 1940x1164) Image search: [Google]
zuckerberg-1940x1164.jpg
415 KB, 1940x1164
>>52203560

Funny guy. I kill you last.
>>
>my autism is more important than yours
>>
>>52203631
yeah sorry to burst yer bubble but marky-poo doesnt hire shit code monkeys.

He hires the best and payes them more than capt rando trash-tier job
>>
>>52203262
I don't get the "C++ is wordy" thing. Using proper tools (cough visual assist) makes me as productive using Cpp than any other high level language.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.