[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got the pi 2 and a usb to sata cord for a hard drive. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: pi.png (4 MB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
pi.png
4 MB, 2500x1667
Just got the pi 2 and a usb to sata cord for a hard drive. What distro do I install now? Not raspbian. Something that I just watch my animu on with out lag.
>>
>/g/
>>
>>52200315
Install Gentoo.
>>
File: plus2_shuoming_en.png (969 KB, 1000x1550) Image search: [Google]
plus2_shuoming_en.png
969 KB, 1000x1550
>Not getting the pi plus 2 for the same price with built in sata and 8gb flash storage

It's like you enjoy getting keked.
>>
>>52200403
Does it work with composite video for old tvs?
>>
>>52200403
>DDR RAM

enjoy your hilariously slow board my man
>>
>>52200745
Based on the picture I would say so as it has the combined video 3.5mm port just like the Pi
>>
>>52200758
It's actually DDR3 my man.
>>
Use BerryBoot and install OpenELEC and make sure that HD is powered with it's own supply.
>>
>>52200794
Then they should specify that my man
>>
>>52200905
you ASSumed bases on the picture then tried to blame the person who made the picture. Way to get shitted on
>>
>>52200315
>watch my animu on with out lag
I have some bad news for you. The Rasp Pi 2 only hardware decodes MPEG-2. Most of the anime fansubs out there are Hi10P and/or too high of a bitrate for the Pi's little CPU to decode at full framerate.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-03-12-12-55-1.png (935 KB, 1440x1678) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-03-12-12-55-1.png
935 KB, 1440x1678
>>52200905
If you don't want it don't buy it.
Everyone knows chinglish marketing isn't the best, but the board is real. And it's better than the rpi in almost every way.

And let's not forget the $15 orange pi pc.
Same cpu, 1gb ram. Very cut down but still fully functional sbc.
>>
>>52200403
but can it boot from sata instead of the fucking micro sd cards that constantly get rekt'd?
>>
I got one of these for Christmas too OP, I installed ARM Arch Linux on it. I use it mostly for server stuff, but you can turn it into pretty much anything. It has the benefit of being ARMv7 instead of v6 so you can pretty much run any OS compiled for a modern smartphone.
>>
>>52200315
Debian, like everywhere. You need omxplayer for videos on videocore.
also, you fucked up if you bought it purely for mutimedia. RPi is great nerd toy, but not very good multimedia player.

Why not raspbian? I use debian but i never thought about it. Is there something wrong with raspbian?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.