[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firefox itself is barely better than Google botnet now. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: pale-meme.png (62 KB, 209x210) Image search: [Google]
pale-meme.png
62 KB, 209x210
Firefox itself is barely better than Google botnet now. What browser should I switch to with excellent addon support and that doesn't look like shit?

>SeaMonkey
This seems great, has wonderful add-on support and isn't run by retards. Fatal flaw: looks like ass/layout is extremely outdated, unless /g/ can point me to a great theme.

>Pale Moon
Terrible add-on support, or so I've heard.

>Waterfox
Looks great but I'm not on Windows.

>Chromium/Chrome
Considering, but I want to stay with a Firefox fork if possible. And while I'm no Stallmanist, Chrome is waaaay over the line in terms of muh freedumbs.

>IceCat
I'm not a Stallmanist, so the extra freedom to me isn't worth the minimal addon support.

Right now I'm thinking I'll have to bite the bullet and pick either SeaMonkey or Pale Meme, and either have good add-ons or good UI but not both. Is there a better option? Is the Firefox dev edition still good despite the main Firefox release being shit?
>>
there is literally no browser that is good
you can get close, but never there
chromium is what i use
>>
>>52196038
Palemoon has a solid amount of addons, but it also has the shitty memory leak issues of old FF
>>
Chromium
>>
Firefox dev edition looks great and fast
>>
>>52196038
IceWeasel?

What's your problem with Firefox? Might help narrow down what your needs are here
>>
>>52196038
>pale moon has bad add-on support
>seamonkey doesn't
That said why don't you try them out for yourself you incompetent pleb
>>
>>52197501
Not OP but /g/ has said a lot of the shit in the new versions of firefox is quite botnet-y. Is there a guide for what all I should disable in it? I'm thinking of switching to dev edition myself if I have to disable less shit.
>>
>>52197598
This. PALEMOON meme literally has all the addons you will ever need
>>
>>52197598
SeaMonkey has its own section of add-ons and a lot not in its section work for it
>>
>>52196038
GO WITH SEAMONKEY YOU SHOULDN'T CARE ABOUT THE LAYOUT
>>
>>52198053
>Pale Moon has its own section of add-ons and a lot not in its section work for it
FTFY

http://addons.palemoon.org/
>>
File: 1449370035976.png (344 KB, 340x523) Image search: [Google]
1449370035976.png
344 KB, 340x523
The layout is the best thing about seamonkey. Its no frills or any bullshit. If you don't like the seamonkey theme then you're probably retarded and should be using Chrome or something
>>
Vivaldi?
>>
File: 500px-Iceweasel_icon.svg.png (155 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
500px-Iceweasel_icon.svg.png
155 KB, 500x500
>>
>>52199422
Most of the addons werk.

there's a page with pros and cons

but millenials use google chrome btw
>>
>>52197501
>>>52196038 (OP)
>IceWeasel?
Don't confuse GNU IceCat (formerly called IceWeasel) with Debian's Iceweasel.
>>
>>52196038
The problem with palemoon is that it looks and smells like firefox but isn't firefox. Code written for firefox does not work out of the box for palememe. There is essentially no difference between having to port an addon from firefox to chrome or from firefox to palememe, so why would anyone bother putting time into porting to something nobody at all uses and will never have any traction? I know I didn't and I couldn't be happier with my decision to drop fireshit and go to chrom* (actually vivaldi)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.