[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/, would you be interested if I hosted a telnet server?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: top[1].png (22 KB, 597x415) Image search: [Google]
top[1].png
22 KB, 597x415
/g/, would you be interested if I hosted a telnet server?
>>
nobody

95% of the dumbshits on this board use windows 10 that doesn't have telnet and wouldn't even know how to fucking use it anyway

inb4 said dumbshits respond saying "le telnet is insecure" meme in a desperate attempt to save face on an anonymous image board and try to look smart
>>
>>52192522
guess not
>>
>>52192573
Weirdly enough that shitstain of an os has such low market share. Having a concentration of idiots on this board I guess doesn't help either.
>>
I would
>>
>>52192522
Some anons wanted to make a /g/ BBS. What happend to that?
>>
I'll make the logo
>>
>>52192522
Why? Do you just want to have people trying to "hack" it?
>>
>>52192573

>windows 10 doesn't have telnet client

Run this

>dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:TelnetClient

As Administrator.

Dumbshit.
>>
>>52192522
make it ssh

seprate /home partition, separate users for everyone, mount /home and every writeable location with noexec
>>
>>52192573

Dumbfuck, just activate the feature. Pfff, can't believe how mentally retarded some people are.
>>
>>52194640
>someone wget's cp
>>
Make a wargame OP
>>
>>52192522
I would be interested in shoving bird seed down my urethra and fill your mouth with my seeds tbhfam
>>
>>52192573
>windows 10 doesn't have telnet

As much as I hate it, I use Win10 at work and you can enable telnet.

Just open a cmd and type "optionalfeatures". Hit enter then check the box.

Also, I'm not expert on the matter but wasn't SSH developed as a secure version of telnet? Wouldn't this imply that there are security issues with telnet?
>>
Not interested personally, but obviously it should be written in JavaScript.
>>
>>52194640
this
>>
>>52194474
He was called Moot and this happened in 2004.
>>
>>52192522
That actually sounds really interesting, OP
>>
>>52195376
YES! its sent in plaintext and one does not need a passphrase to access the service(that's up to what ever is running on the other end)

Only thing telnet is good for these days are ascii BBS's like telefreak or syncronet. (even those could be put behind SSH as a service channel)
>>
>>52192573
Telnet is insecure shit.
Use ssh.
>>
>>52192573
Telnet feature that you would use in command prompt is disabled by default. Just enable it in control panel under turn windows features on and off and check telnet client.
>>
>>52192522

great idea OP, can we install backdoors and rootkits?

In other words, why would you do such a thing? We already have sdf/freeshell and aws free tier for these kinds of things. For old school bbs's there's sdf and syncronet all of which are heavily active and still around after 20+years.

I and my friend use to run frostmud for the longest of times. Matt shutdown the service because everyone rather run a botnet off his service.

So agian think to yourself "WHY" would you do this? Then tell 4chan what would make your telnet server different than anything else out there?
>>
>>52192522
maybe, what would you have on it?

I've always thought of hosting a public UNIX system myself but security worries me and the box I'm using isn't really designed for a lot of concurrent use, I'd need to go out and buy something a little beefier.
>>
>>52192522

telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl
>>
are there any telnet services for news headlines like there is for weather updates?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.