[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Noob here, just finished installing Arch Linux on my laptop.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Arch-linux-logo.png (41 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Arch-linux-logo.png
41 KB, 1200x1200
Noob here, just finished installing Arch Linux on my laptop. I've never really thought about choosing which window manager I used, I always just used whatever shit I was handed. But I've decided to try other stuff. What would /g/ suggest for someone that wants semigloss title bars, and a dark look. I also want decent compatibility and performance. any advice is appreciated.
>>
Try openbox
>>
>>52187272
You're about to be inundated by a load of ricer fags who are going to demand that you use i3 or some other satanism.

Resist.

Openbox has by far the best functions and usability.
>>
>>52187272
>installing Linux on metal
well meme'd
>>
>>52188514
This, I tried i3. You can definetely make it look great but it was really annoying to use.
>>
>>52187272
xfce if you don't want to customize it out of the box.

You have a DE and a WM installed after that and everything JUST WORKS.
>>
>>52187272
>arch
>noob
you forgot fedora wearing faggot
>>
>>52187272
If you are new to linux anon-chan, I would suggest you to go with a DE. Try something like xfce or mate.
>>
File: i3wm_desktop.gif (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
i3wm_desktop.gif
1 MB, 1280x720
>>52188309
This... desu

Since you already install Arch might as well use a "ricer" wm to make it work like you want. I use i3 (pic related) but that's not necessarily the look people like to go for and it's some work to configure it. I like how it functions, though.
>>
File: ry67.png (483 KB, 441x627) Image search: [Google]
ry67.png
483 KB, 441x627
Be prepared to break your system a few times, it's a hard learning curve. Just take your time and play around, there is no better way to learn. Also, as said, look into Openbox or i3, I prefer i3 but both are equally good imo.
>>
xmonaddd
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.