[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OP Needs a Phone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
I'll be honest. I've been out of the tech world for a few years now and I don't know as much as I used to. Now that that's out of the way, my phone recently took a shit. Specifically, the battery is shot. It's normal for a while, then just drops off. It has to be plugged in to work for any extended amount of time. It can't be replaced.

I don't have internet, my phone is my connection to the outside world, more or less. Without it, I might as well be Amish.

I don't have a lot of money to spend on a new phone, I'd like to keep it under $300, and don't suggest something that's exactly $300.

I use my phone for primarily two things: internet browsing and IRC. I don't want a $500 phone loaded with features I'll never use.

My current phone has a 4.3" screen, and every phone I've handled with big screens just feel unwieldy to me, so I'd like to stick with a small screen. I also need the new phone to have a microSD card slot and StraightTalk compatibility.

I thought about the Moto G 3rd Gen, but my friend told me they're shit. Is he just a massive faggot?

Give me your (most affordable) best, /g/.
>>
go get a memexus 6p if you want to be a fa/g/got
>>
>>52186346
I don't want meme-tier phones, nor do I want this to be a memepost thread. I need help. I don't know what the fuck to get.
>>
>>52186290
>>52186369
Consider a blackberry.
>>
>>52186412
I have a Motorola Electrify M, I'd like something similar.
>>
>>52186290
You could look into chinkphones such as Meizu/xiaomi/letv. They look nice and perform well under compelling price tags. But really mate
If you want a small phone that performs well and costs less, you need to look out for sales of more expensive phones that befall under your price range, I'd suggest lg g4 cause its getting cheaper as the time goes by but it is still around $400 desu, so nah.

Hes right motog is shit, but it's enough for irc and stuff. You'll even get a blast using it if you flash cyanogenmod without google apps, if you dont need them, and install your irc client through f-droid.
>>
>>52186608
LG G3 has the majority of features one would want in the G4 but is much more affordable
>>
File: dabadeedabadei.jpg (94 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
dabadeedabadei.jpg
94 KB, 1500x1500
>>52186481
>Electrify M
aka the Droid Razr M.
moto g 3rd gen looks good, spec-wise. Also, the razr maxx is out.
It's a shame the smartphone industry is taking a dump on the consumers in such a huge way. 8GB models everywhere. Android needs to get fixed.
>>
>>52186608
What exactly are the drawbacks? None of the reviews I've read really say anything bad other than "It's a budget phone and therefore not the best there is", and I've already stated that I want a budget phone that I can use for IRC and browsing the internet. That's all I do on my phone, the only game I have is Angry Birds.
>>
>>52186290
A small Samsung galaxy s4 mini ? Its old bit I think with CyanogenMod you'll be good for the next few years to come.
>>
Consider two things.

Good performance/price ratio.
Large mod/dev phone model community.
>>
Get a Zenfone 2. 5.5 inch 1080p screen and 4 gigs of ram. It's $229 on Amazon. There's a 64gb model for $299 with a faster CPU, but I don't think it's worth the extra $70.
>>
File: moto-x-play-hand-1.jpg (343 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
moto-x-play-hand-1.jpg
343 KB, 1600x1200
>>52186290

What does /g/ think of this? Moto X Play.

It's sorta expensive here, 330EUR. Or should I get the 16GB nexus 5x for 400EUR? I'm afraid the storage won't be enough and it's already expensive as it is.
>>
You retards really can't into reading, can you?
>>
>>52186986

can anyone answer?
>>
Get yourself used Xperia Z1 Compact. Probably around $100
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.