[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
overclocking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: pc specs.jpg (21 KB, 497x124) Image search: [Google]
pc specs.jpg
21 KB, 497x124
how much do you think i can overclock my cpu my laptop has a fanless design the pic has my specs
>>
Probably overclock and pinmod that bitch to 4ghz assuming your already under water.
>>
>>52185919
>pinmod
I had not previously heard of this, and it's genuinely cool. Thanks for mentioning it.
>>
File: 1451602172737.png (167 KB, 709x636) Image search: [Google]
1451602172737.png
167 KB, 709x636
fucking gross
>>
>>52185866
>fanless laptop

no more than like 10-15%. properly cooled laptops generally have problems with heat to begin with and without that you dont have much to work with. it's honestly probably not worth bothering with at all
>>
>>52185866
This >>52186071
But UNDERVOLT it first
>>
>>52186153
honestly even if he did that it's not worth the stability issues. you're not even going to notice that small of an OC but it will probably cause all sorts of random issues on a system as weak as his, especially a celeron
>>
>>52185866
>fanless
-1ghz
dont even try.
if anything try undervolting so it will throttle less
>>
>>52185919
Just looked it up. I'd love to undervolt my i7 2620m a tiny bit to help with temps.
Any idea if it's possible?

Or should I just drill holes in my laptop for better airflow and overclock it?
>>
>>52186238
> I'd love to undervolt [...] to help with temps
>drill holes [...] and overclock it

you're better off just getting a cooling pad and giving it a minor overclock. undervolting generally just brings up a plethora of stability issues and drilling holes rarely improves the built-in venting by any appreciable amount.
>>
>>52186593
I already have a great cooler pad. 4 fans @ 2000rpm.
It's a bloody jet engine, I was hoping adding more holes without increase airflow enough since it throttles at 3.4ghz
>THANKS SONY
>>
>>52185866
You have 2 GB RAM. Why the 64-bit OS?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.