[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much is the NSA paying him to completely fuck up Linux?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1407940950295.png (375 KB, 579x690) Image search: [Google]
1407940950295.png
375 KB, 579x690
How much is the NSA paying him to completely fuck up Linux?
>>
>>52179675
Who?

Tell us more OP
>>
>>52179701
Lennart Poettering, creator of systemd.
>>
NSA doesnt want to put a backdoor in Linux. that is obviously way too obvious and enemies would get it. And theres no point when they already have ring -2 execution level access to most CPUs on the planet. Its in NSAs best interest to keep Linux as a secure platform for domestic cybersecurity purposes
>>
>>52179974
Nice shilling, NSA stooge.
>>
>>52179675
Why would the NSA even want to target Linux? They use it for everything.
>>
>>52179675
Holy shit, has he always been that fat?
>>
>>52180662
>Linux user
>not morbidly obese
Pick one
>>
File: lce-poettering.jpg (228 KB, 640x659) Image search: [Google]
lce-poettering.jpg
228 KB, 640x659
>>52180698
>>
>>52180698
I'm actually slightly underweight, and I use linux: Opinion discarded
>>
File: tinfoil.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
tinfoil.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
>>52179675
Here you go, OP.
>>
>>52179974
>they already have ring -2 execution level access to most CPUs on the planet
Topkek
>>
The only secure way to use a computer is with bare-metal software you wrote yourself in machine code running directly on your CPU
>>
>>52179974
>ring -2 execution level access to most CPUs on the planet
Which would mean something if most CPUs on the planet were running *nix kernels you drooling fucktard (and yes, articles mentioning that exploit specifically noted that Windows was inherently immune)
>>
>>52182089
I got you anon, I'm fat for both of us.
>>
>>52179675
Nothing, they already have IME/PSP.
>>
>>52184737
except there are a number (read: literally thousands) of ways into rooting a windows box dead in the water.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.