[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ meetup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: breY9.jpg (589 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
breY9.jpg
589 KB, 1600x1200
What about having a meetup this year for us to swap gadgets and computer parts?
>>
>>52176692
I don't want to meet any of you fucking autists and weirdos. It's fun shitpost and troll online, but actually spending more than 15 consecutive minutes of my real life on 4chan?
>>
>>52176692
that'd be fun

but you're gonna be shamed over to soc, try starting a thread there
>>
Meetup where? I think it would be easier to have a website with unwanted parts list people could swap out.
>>
>>52176742
/soc/ is homos and fat girls wanting to see gay dicks. This is a better place to talk about meetups.
>>
>>52176736
this. every time i express this sentiment some retarded faggot responds with "Well maybe we don't want to meet you, jerk!"

which is fine, but hilarious, because the whole point is that I'm not desperate enough for social interaction to start meeting faggots from 4chan offline.

if you have nothing else to do on the day of a 4chan meetup, go to the library or do some volunteer work or something. if you're willing to go outside but you have no friends, do something that allows you to make some friends that are not connected to you by your shared affinity for a nepalese ceramics forum
>>
I'd rather end myself 2bh.
>>
>>52176692
me on the far right.
>>
>autist meeting
Oh boy, where can I sign up?
>>
>>52176692

did they bring the picnic table with them keek?
>>
File: 3Jss11Ql.jpg (71 KB, 640x507) Image search: [Google]
3Jss11Ql.jpg
71 KB, 640x507
>>52176692
No
>>
>>52176975

i'm on the left.

If we get a logo, then I might come
>>
>>52176692
me in white shirt and with handbag
>>
>>52177049

me
him>>52177047

not giving a fuck
>>
>>52177049
How does it feel to know your friend's arse is 200x better than yours?
>>
>>52176692
The stance on that far-right one.

Magnificent.
>>
>>52177038
This is exactly how I imagined this happening. Leave the meetups to /k/, at least they have something to do together. There aren't any easy to organize activities to do since/g/ is to diverse.
>>
>>52177128

I imagine g shopping
>>
>>52176914
>>52176736
You two seem awfully bitter. It's just for giggles mayte, it's not desperate. Did you go to one and get raped or something?

>well maybe we don't want to meet you, jerk

well I sure wouldn't want to meet someone who took the time to shit on the idea just because they deem it below them.
>>
>>52177128
I'd expect at least a few people getting a talk going. This is no doubt a bait
>>
If you're going to have a meetup, have a plan.
>>
>>52177188
>It's just for giggles mayte, it's not desperate.
It definitively is

Why do you want to hang out with a bunch of arrogant script kiddies that think they somehow are tech geniuses because they managed to install gentoo? What on earth would be fun with that?
>>
>>52177224
mkay you must've got the dick bad, no lube I take it?
>>
ok ill take care of the dildos part then
>>
That'd be fun, I have a ton of spare parts that I don't feel like peddling over Ebay. On the other hand, someone's going to take pictures and mock us in /soc/, so....no thanks. I already have a hard time leaving the house to do things other than work.
>>
Fuck it I'll organize the event. Spring break. Be close to Anaheim, CA. I'll rent a building for us. I don't know if there'll be tits, one might hope so.

Email me [email protected] and I'll give you a unique ID.

It'll cost $15 to attend.
>>
>>52176692
It'll be everyone lowballing everyone.
"I'll buy your GTX 970 for $100. That's all I'll pay for 3.5GB"
"I'll trade you my GTX 960 for your R390, at least mine has drivers so you're not losing out."
>>
>>52176692

Time, date and place?
>>
>>52177038
What chan was this?
https://warosu.org/g/thread/S19176457#p19176818
>>
Did an /fa/ meet up, it was fun we got stoned and drunk and shopped. Still hang with 2 of them every now and then.
>>
oh god no.
I have met people who talks about 4chan and my instinct have always been to shut the hell up about it because I don't want it to be a bonding thing.
Everyone has eventually turned out to be a terrible person.
I don't want to meet more of you guys
>>
>>52176736
/o/ has meetups all the time
But they aren't filled with autists
>>
>>52176692
>>>/soc/
>>
>>52177262
Nice shitposting

You're exactly the type of person I would expect showing up at these get-togethers, and you are showing the maturity-level I would expect the average 4chan user to have.

Thank you for proving my point.
>>
https://strawpoll.me/6423043
>>
>>52177571
Same senpai. Happy New Years :^)
>>
>>52177522
do you think autistic people know anything about cars? most people i meet that are into cars and everything about them end up being pretty cool people
>>
>>52176692

It would be better if /g/ had a meetup around something.

If there are any tech conferences or talks in a major city we could go., especially if it's about free software.

Stallman is doing some talks in Sweden.
>>
File: 1442514248369.png (64 KB, 330x203) Image search: [Google]
1442514248369.png
64 KB, 330x203
>>52176692
>What about having a meetup this year for us to swap gadgets and computer parts?
What about staying in your fucking containment board shitface?

>>>/soc/
>>
>>52177194
Yeah, well you're bait. It takes more than a cup of coffee to drown out the awkward autism you'd expect from 4chan. My point was /k/ can go to the range and show each other there guns while /g/ gets to talk about their favorite DE and fling shit about gpus.
>>
>>52177608

> QCon London
> Devoxx UK 2016
> International Software Craftsmanship Gathering London '16
> London Enterprise Linux Meetup
> Docker UK 2016
> C++ London'16

We could go to any of these (They are London centric but It depends on where most /g/entoomen live)

London Linux Drinks happens every 3 weeks in Cittie of Yorke in Holborne. It's not a full conference - just an informal meetup of loonix enthusiasts.
>>
>>52177608
This, a CES meet up or hackathon would be okay. Personally I would probably just stand around and listen to a conversation and go on my way.
>>
File: 600_435867269.jpg (199 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
600_435867269.jpg
199 KB, 600x360
>>52177785

"It's that time again!

We'll be either be inhabiting the Cellar Bar, or main level portion of this absolutely stunning iconic central London pub. So come join the geeky conversation, grab a brew, show off your tech gadgets, and have a few laughs with fellow Linux folks!

I'll be wearing the Burgundy Red Hat (Fedora) to make it easier for new folks to locate us in the Pub. The Cellar is cool, nice and quiet and perfect for conversation, but is lacking in strong wireless signal, so make sure to cache your content before arriving!

Lot's of new faces in our group, so come and introduce yourselves, and welcome to London Linux!"

-C

> Meet a guy with a fedora in a dark cellar with no reception.

It sounds perfect.
>>
>>52177310
Do we send the $15 now?
>>
>>52177128
We can talk about anime and free software.
>>
>>52177785
I've been to QCon in SF back in 2013.

Some interesting stuff, but most of it was just pointless stuff intended for start-up web hipsters that don't know HTTP. Not worth the ticket price and I never went again.
>>
>>52177128

Most people on /g/ who work in tech will go to multiple conferences per year. It would be much simpler to meet people at a popular conference than to organize a meetup ourselves.

The problem is that anyone with a job that would send them to Jax or JavaOne would probably like to avoid an association with /g/ because 'its from that hacker 4chan isn't it?'

I try to vaguely reference some memes sometimes when I'm talking to people at conferences but they never pick up on anything.
>>
>>52177896

This.

I went to AWS London and its was a 7 hour commercial for cloud services with Ramesh and Pajeet asking questions every 10 minutes.
>>
Nah.

I love you guys, but I would never want to meet you.
>>
>>52176692
Why do so many of those guys look underage?
>>
>>52178100
They're probably under 6ft.
>>
>>52178041
I kekd. Welcome to London anon.
>>
>>52178100
They probably are, I think that was from when the Chanology thing was just coming into swing. Imagine the dumbest of 2008 /b/.
>>
>>52178115
Yeah but that redhead in the hoodie doesn't look like he's over 13 or so. He even has prepubescent proportions and a complete lack of body hair and significant muscle mass (look at his legs). The two guys on the left look like they're on their late teens. Literally the only people who look like they could be of age are the dude in the beige shirt and the one with the coat and the tacticool camo pants.
>>52178167
Oh, that could be it.
>>
I would meet up. Id offer my ass and mouth to service you fine young men.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.