[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else is spending as little as possible on tech in 2016, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: gno.png (129 KB, 354x504) Image search: [Google]
gno.png
129 KB, 354x504
Who else is spending as little as possible on tech in 2016, and putting some money away instead? Who will refuse to be a good goy this year?
>>
As someone who's poor- this is every year.
>>
>>52167847
I'm fully adopting the tech minimalist lifestyle myself. I'm saving money for important stuff like guns and food. I'll stick it to the jews for you OP
>>
>>52167856
This
>>
>>52167892
>saving money for guns and food
Once it becomes evident you need guns and food, guns and food will be unavailable.

Stockpile food and ammunition now.
You don't actually want many guns, you want much ammunition. Buy canned goods, dried goods, UHT milk, long-life food.
>>
>>52167944
>Once it becomes evident you need guns and food

So... now? I've been prepping for a few years already bud. I'm just not that rich so it takes time and patience.
And yeah by guns I meant firearms + ammo
>>
>>52167856
>>52167905

Why not un-poor yourselves, gentlemen?
>>
>>52168311
How do?
>>
>>52169017
Ask your dad for a couple million dollars to invest in real estate
>>
>>52169036
What do when not Trump?
>>
File: 1430247337239.png (109 KB, 360x340) Image search: [Google]
1430247337239.png
109 KB, 360x340
>tfw need a new monitor, GPU, mechanical keyboard, mouse, headphones, hard drive, ssd and laptop

I MUST STOP BUYING
>>
i just bought a 3000€ pc, it's too late op.
>>
>>52170877
must you buy the same stuff 12 months newer every time?
>>
>>52170903
My laptop is full, so I need a new one :(
>>
>>52170911
Full as in full of shit?
>>
>>52170911
get a 1-2tb external drive in 2017 and learn to backup and deshit your laptop
>>
I fear that every European country taking millions of terrorist can't be good for economy.
I don't know if I should just buy now because there might not be change to buy anything later.
>>
>>52167847
I've been doing this for years. I'm waiting for a good VR headset and accessories.
>>
File: 4L_WWzXStYD.jpg (30 KB, 208x155) Image search: [Google]
4L_WWzXStYD.jpg
30 KB, 208x155
>>52167892
>implying the NRA isn't run by greedy Jews

>mass shootings committed by deranged lunatics who obtained their guns legally
>"yes, goyim, we need even MORE relaxed gun laws! Obama is taking away ALL of your guns! Buy as much as you can so we can become ri-, er, I mean you can protect yourself!"
>>
>>52171714
The NRA doesn't get paid every time someone buys a gun. But then you're such a typically ignorant citizen you have no idea how anything relating to guns works in the first place.
>>
>>52169059
What do you mean "not Trump"? You should really try to talk less nonsense in a forum like this, my friend.
>>
>>52169017
go on /r/finance
>>
>>52170889
post specs to /build/ and link post, please
>>
i have mixed feelings about this
got my 1st proper job 6 months ago, being slavshit in eastern europe i dont earn that much by western standards (but still more than 80% of people in my country), i still live with my parents (because we have a big home so i dont see a point in spending half of my income to live with completely random people when i can live with family for free), so far i'm saving ~50% of my income every month.rest i don't mind spending, just buying nice things i always wanted, 1st time in my life i have pc that isnt ~300-400€ upgrade once in few years of my previous one, got myself proper bed, stuff like that.

sure, i could spend less, save more but i dont have any goal to save for. and i actually like being able to get shit i want and not live like a complete poorfag, so i guess not this year yet.
>>
>>52171778
No, but they shill and are paid by gun manufactures to lobby in their interest
>>
>>52171955
How much do you earn a month?
>>
>>52171990
~700€ after taxes, saving 350.
>>
>>52167847
I've been doing this for 20 years, feels good
>>
There is literally no point in saving money anymore.
What are you going to buy a house with your wife? Stop being stupid. Save it for old age? You will all be dead before then.
>>
>>52172001
Not that guy but
>live with senpai
>make that much monthly and I only work around 30 hours every month
>tfw no "proper" work but at least I'm not unemployed
>got 7,620 euro in the bank
Feels good man, I guess.
>>
Already bought what I wanted in 2015, so this year I'll be saving money for an appartment.
>>
>>52172028
Remember people:

- Don't have kids, in the internet age they will just become fucking autistic

- Don't buy property, your area could become full of shitskins

- Spend money on enjoying yourself, not making your cuckold 53 year old married with cunt children feel delusionally accomplished when really he despises his life
>>
>>52171832
http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/crwTGX
please don't bully
>>
>>52167847
Well, this year all my money is going into remodeling my house to get it ready to sell so I won't be making many tech purchases. Besides, I already have a 27" 1440p IPS monitor and a decent gaymen PC with a 4690k and GTX 770 plus 2 chinkpad laptops so I don't really need any more computers.
>>
>putting money away
>not being a good goy

I've got some bad news about banks...
>>
>>52167944
Invest in those waterproof cans for rafting. Get white rice and silica gel
>20kg white rice
>500g silica
>20l can
Repeat how much you like. Lasts 15years.
>>
>>52167847
My only definite for 2016 is a libre capable thinkpad. Anything else is a maybe.
>>
>>52170877
>need

Not you don't. You WANT. Get your terms right, goyim.
>>
>>52171955
How do you fuck grills, if you live with mommy and daddy?
>>
>>52172454
>investing through banks

You best be trolling, son. There are institutions and people outside of banks, who will still make money off of you, but at least won't turn you into a full-blown cuck.

There is also stock market and real estate, which you can invest into directly. Or start-ups, which are highly risky, but if they hit it big, you will be ready to retire right away.
>>
>>52171955
are you me?
>>
>>52171955
>i can live with family for free
It's worth it paying your parents rent, or at least picking up the grocery bill sometimes. Make sure they don't think you're taking advantage of them.
>>
>>52167892
I will save up cash probably until Zen is released. I will spend some money on ammo and food too.
>>
>>52167847
As little as possible? No. Less than previous year? Definitely, since I bought a new laptop and monitor in 2015 and they'll probably serve me good for a few years.
I guess most of my tech purchases will be microcontrollers, diodes and other shit and I'm beginning to fuck around with designing small electronics.
>>
>>52167847

just bought a $300 laptop yesterday :3

though thats technically last year
>>
>>52173973
i offered to add into bills and stuff the same day i got my job. my parents refused saying they got enough money and if i do they'll just put that money into bank account in my name.
>>52173859
maybe?
>>
>>52174036
>$300 laptop
Which one? I've been contemplating getting the 11" Hisense Chromebook. New quadcore rockchip, a fraction of the price of last year's nvidia tegra, at the tegra's performance.
>>
>>52174015
>zen
>>
File: otter.png (370 KB, 531x537) Image search: [Google]
otter.png
370 KB, 531x537
me
so for so good
>>
File: 1445712802314.jpg (100 KB, 636x635) Image search: [Google]
1445712802314.jpg
100 KB, 636x635
>not selling your old hardware
>not using more than 2yo phone
>not using more than 5yo pc
>>
>See all of these "Don't feed the jew threads" all the time
>Always posted by paranoid schizophrenic murricans going on about how they need to stock up on guns as if the government is going to come and put them in death camps any day
Is it just me or has /pol/ really failed it's job as a containment board?

Also, before we get the usual "go back to reddit" shit, I was here when Moot deleted /news/ and had to create /pol/ in it's place because all the other boards complained about the filth spreading there.
>>
>>52171714
It's ironic that you can't use guns to protect yourself against cops. You'll only sink deeper into the shit.
>>
Saving up for Pascal
>>
>>52174509
>Is it just me or has /pol/ really failed it's job as a containment board?
It's been a while that /pol/ is overspilling in other boards. But you're a filthy commie jew if you mention it, acoording to these retards.
>>
Buying cpus is literally cancer behavior considering how little improvement they bring every year
>>
>>52167847
I did exactly that, this year. Now I have enough muns to buy some Westone IEMs, a USB DAC and some SD820 goodness, when it's released. I pity the fools who bought anything tech related past year.
>>
>>52167847
Me desu

Im investing my money on servers to provide services to my customers

No more friviolous spenindg, time to maximize profits like a good ol Chaim
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.