[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Faith in humanity: lost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
Faith in humanity: lost
>>
>>52157384

I really, really, really like this picture.
>>
>>52157384
This is very true desu
>>
Then go have some 2000 babies and teach them loonix
>>
Who cares, people excel at different things.

There's nothing more annoying than the one person in tech support who feels the need to talk down on everyone else in the company just because he knows a little more about computers than them.
>>
>Faith in humanity
Words of arrogance, stupidity, deluded sense of self-importance (by implying your opinions or faith matter in any way), and a messiah/savior complex.

Humanity doesn't need your faith faggot. Only you yourself and your family do. The rest of Humanity can go fuck itself by way of natural selection.
>>
>>52157384
You know whoever made this learnt some basic shit on wikipedia that day and now fancy themselves a computer genius.
>>
Why are you using whisper?
>>
who gives a shit? kids not knowing how to computer only means more job opportunities for me
>>
>>52157384
I thought kids these days could dream in code
>>
Gentoo revolution is coming.
>>
>>52158099
Probably this to stay sincere clan.
>>
How to install windows:
1. Insert USB/DVD
2. Click next

Congrats you just installed Windows.
>>
>>52157384
So, not being some Indian IT nerd is somewhat akin to illiteracy? That's so fucking retarded, the fact that whoever made that pictures is probably old enough to vote makes me sick.
>>
>>52158192
But before you get there you'd need to ensure your bios is pointing to the install media above the hard drive. Or get into the bios boot menu.

Normies have absolutely no clue how to do that.
>>
File: icon.png (1 KB, 167x167) Image search: [Google]
icon.png
1 KB, 167x167
Most of /g/ don't know how cars work yet they still use em'

It doesn't matter unless you're an aficionado
>>
>look up http because I never bothered to learn what it means
>assume it means hypertext transfer protocol because when I learned html in 3rd grade it meant hypertext markup language.
>turns out I'm right

Kids these days must be retarded. Or does computer class no longer exist?
>>
>>52157384
1. It's not just "kids these days"
2. That's how it's supposed to be. Computers and computer programs are literally designed so that the people can use them without a lot of knowledge of how they work internally. Time is finite and it just simply isn't possible to know everything about every piece of technology you use. Even then, computers are so complex, even if you had a massive store of knowledge about them there is still much you don't know and probably never will. It's simply isn't possible and this kind of self-aggrandizing tripe has gotten really old.
>>
>>52158222
Yes but some are already configured to have media run first. That's besides the point though. Now a days if you want to do something, you can find it online and do it yourself. Learning has never been easier.
>>
>>52158230
This, para ser honesto familia
>>
>>52158232
If you were young enough to have computer classes you have no right to be complaining about kids.
>>
>>52157384
it's not a problem, it's great

I was kinda afraid, seeing all of those kids today spending their entire lifes in computers/tablets/smartphones, but fortunately no: i definitely won't be out of IT job. Even simple servicing job is something that won't be anyhow reduced in next generations. It's good that IT companies that relies on users' computer illiteracy will stay afloat for years to come.
>>
File: 1448240559346.jpg (49 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
1448240559346.jpg
49 KB, 470x470
>>52157384
Do people not understand this puts us tech literate people at an advantage?
>>
>>52158232

I'm 25 and have a daughter of my own, though.
>>
>>52158127
this
>>
>>52157555
/Thread
>>
>>52158222
>press f10
>select disk
>press enter

wew lad
>>
i still dont know to this day what http means, i only know that "https" is secure or something
>>
The average person has always been computer illiterate.
Now instead of being illiterate and just not using computers, they're illiterate and beepybopping on their smartphones.
>>
File: this is you.jpg (60 KB, 625x366) Image search: [Google]
this is you.jpg
60 KB, 625x366
>>52157384
You know I run into the same thing on /o/ and /k/. Cars, Guns, and computers aren't everyones hobby. I love my hobbies, but I won't look down on people who don't like or understand them.
>>
>>52158357
but you need to know about that

like, programming
>open editor
>write code
>code is simple and logical bunch of commands, no place for different interpretations or whatever
>press compile

wew lad
>>
>>52158307
It's a problem for the future because unless you have schools giving out open, hackable systems to children they might not HAVE a true general purpose computer at home, just iSlabs. That cuts off the future pool of hackers.
>>
>let alone reinstall an operating system
Nothing is difficult about putting in a CD and following a GUI.
>http
Who cares? You don't need to know what this means to effectively use a computer.

protip: they can just google these things if they don't know
>>
>>52158408
but most of the time programming is that simple.
>>
>>52157555
Trips do not lie
>>
>>52157555
good post
>>
>>52157555
I like the way you think.
>>
>>52158410

This. Computers are pretty much only owned by college students and gamers now.
>>
File: 1451512498794.gif (790 KB, 375x304) Image search: [Google]
1451512498794.gif
790 KB, 375x304
>>52157450
Its not about that amigo, if you're spending 24/7 in an OS you might as well KNOW some shit the picture is adressing the people who at EVERY FUCKING PROBLEM want a solution spoonfed and can't even google a fucking error message.
>>
>>52157555
I wish people would read this and really let it sink in -- to meditate on it if you will. Computer hobbyists have this unwarranted sense of importance that's just really... offputting and I say that as someone who has been building and studying computers as a hobby for 20 years.
>>
>>52158361
Hyper Text Transfer Protocol. https means it's secured with SSL
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.