[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Indian software engineers are more experienced than united
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 198409305_jerbs_82331276051.png (27 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
198409305_jerbs_82331276051.png
27 KB, 220x200
If Indian software engineers are more experienced than united states software engineers then Indian software engineers should be able to do united states software engineer jobs because Indian software engineers are more experienced.
Are united states software engineers jealous.
Please stop being racist with a "they took our jobs" mentality.
>>
>>52157352
they also do it cheaper and I imagine faster, Amerilards are dumb thinking coding which is an easily learned skill is a stable career.
>>
>>52157352
I've never understood this meme. I graduate this summer and already have a good, well-paying software engineering job lined up.

I've never understood the "CS is useless and you'll never get a job" spiel on here. I'm probably only average-skilled in my class, too. Anyone who graduates from a good STEM school in CS should get a job unless they're a completely unsociable Autist.
>>
>>52157398
>completely unsociable Autist

welp, I've been considering self-teaching coding, maybe not.
>>
Offshore is terrible. There is a reason we pay them 6 dollars an hour.
>>
>>52157411
If you're a prodigy or visionary, you can always self-teach and be your own boss and sell your own software.

But yes, whether it's fair or not, once you're past the threshold of a certain skill level, whether or not you get hired on comes down to teamwork/social skills. Most programmers are dorky, but most are friendly dorks who can work together, not dorks who are more likely to shoot up a school than talk to another human being for an extended period of time.
>>
>>52157352
It's not that they're all bad, I've worked with very good ones, just like I've worked with very good and very bad white guys.

I have noticed that Indians tend to have a way over inflated sense of their own ability and no sense of the limits of their knowledge. I have interviewed Indians applying for positions on a very senior engineering team who couldn't even pass our very basic programming test. The test is like recursion 101 and baby's first array of simple objects or hashes. One guy submitted random code he copy and pasted from a blog with UTF8 quote characters that didn't run and didn't have anything to do with the test. He literally gave us random code and said yeah I know what code looks like here's proof.
>>
>>52157352
Poor brown people are driven and desperate to even more so than broke white people. The level of poverty is an order of magnitude higher in India where its hard to find clean drinking water and a place to take a dump.

So when these brown people see their TV with white people all clean and smelling nice, they get frustrated and work their ass off to get into the land with public toilets.
>>
>>52157546
It's a cultural thing. You're not supposed to admit failure over there. This leads to fucking stupid shit when working with overshore teams. Especially since a lot of them aren't properly trained.

I'm the only guy in my workplace who isn't an immigrant, they're all fine because they've been living in the US for a while and have dropped that stupid behavior. It's just offshore teams that have this problem.
>>
I read somewhere, might have been Joel Spolsky's blog or tge like, that yhe whole outsourcing to Indians was tried around 2000 and in tge early 2000s but failed mainly due to quality issues. I'm not worried.
>>
This is a trash thread
>>
>>52157551
>>52157546
>>52158076
>>52157503

Why are you so racist to Indians? Indian software engineers are more experienced than united states software engineers. Indian software engineers write better code than united states software engineers because Indian software engineers are more experienced.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.