[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>4chan breaks for hours for the second time in a few days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: shitsql.png (31 KB, 1070x248) Image search: [Google]
shitsql.png
31 KB, 1070x248
>4chan breaks for hours for the second time in a few days
>each time caused by inferior mysql database
>probably ubuntu server or something
install gentoo + postgres
>>
Hiroshima just give full control of 4chan to /g/
>>
>>52154501
But 4chan already has a logo.
>>
>>52154520
dohoho
>>
>>52154501
SSH login: [email protected]
SSH password: hiroshima
>>
It used to break multiple times a day like a month ago so it's not quite as bad now I guess.
>>
>>52154472
i always assumed 4chan went down because some government agency was taking over servers to try and track cp threads that had legit cp on it on /b/, or someone posting timestamps about going on shooting sprees..
>>
File: QR upload aborted..png (547 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
QR upload aborted..png
547 KB, 1360x768
>>52154472
I was having problems making threads or posting a just a few minutes ago. Did that affect everyone on the entire site?

Because I think all the posts I checked at the time were over 3 hours old at the minimum.
>>
Is it just me or has this been happening more frequently lately?

Is the system shittier under gook than moot?
>>
>>52154604
It's always been shitty. The "No." link on every post literally only works on alternate days.
>>
>>52154590
Yes.
>>
The same threads were in the same order every time I went on to the site and all with the same comments I saw hours ago.
>>
No.
>>
>tfw we back
>>
Nigga should move to Postgres.
>>
>>52155096
If moot was to be believed, 4chan's source code is a mess right now. From its beginning the source has never had a ground up rewrite. So it's still a translated futaba with 12 years of modification to it.

If we really want to fix 4chan, it's going to take a complete rewrite. It's also the only way we'd be able to open source 4chan.
>>
File: 1436559937012.png (474 KB, 1220x608) Image search: [Google]
1436559937012.png
474 KB, 1220x608
>>52154472
Kek
>>
>>52155353
never forget
>>
>>52155162
Wrong, there's nothing left of the old code. Did you miss the whole html5 rework? It caused havoc with a ton of userscripts.
>>
2bh If I were to fix 4chan I would go back in functionality to fucking 2003 by using pure html5.

also limit upload image size to fucking 1MB because I'm tired of loading a blurry as fuck jpeg full of artifacts with a size of 3.2MB just to see it's a dragon dildo
>>
>>52155383
Yes and no. I vaguely remember the threads about it, but since I've always used vanilla and it didn't apply to me I didn't visit those threads.

It's also possible the backend wasn't touched during this update.
>>
>>52155353
>that /g/ outcry after this

lel
good times
>>
>>52155353
Is this real?
>>
>>52155451
why there was an outcry?
They run BSD, no?
>>
>>52155471
The posts happened, but he was just joking.
>>
>>52155510
Or maybe 4chan really did ran on a mac mini cluster and he didn't expect the backfire from it so he recanted his 'joke'
>>
>>52155510
Makes sense, no way a site this big would be hosted from someones basement with mac minis
>>
/g/, if you were going to fix 4chan how would you do it? I'd

>Use lainchan's source
>mod front end to match yotsuba perfectly
>Enable webp support
And then I'd have a little fun.
>/g/, /a/, and /pol/ would have "sekret klub" API only boards /prog/, /clubloli/, and /卐/
>>
>>52155471
>>52155478
>>52155560
>>52155566
fucking newfags, lurk more
>>
>>52155587
underrated post
What has happened to my /g/? It's filled with newfags and I can barely find an intervention post anymore.
>>
>>52155587
Cool, in 5 yrs. we'll be saying the exact same shit. Lurk more grandpa
>>
>>52155603
Don't post meta, just fucking ignore them.
>>
japs, gooks and chinks just crashed twitter as well.

gentoo is the solution?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.