[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android ad blocker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1451308799788.gif (2 MB, 243x199) Image search: [Google]
1451308799788.gif
2 MB, 243x199
Anyone know any good ad blockers for android? I have 4.4.4 and mainly use the Chrome browser. I also have root
>>
Adaway.
>>
>>52146527
adaway

it's on f-droid
>>
AdAway
>>
Firefox with Ad Block Plus.
Sure it crashed 15 times trying to post this, but it's worth it.
>>
>>52146583
Use adblock browser for that. uBlock Origin is the way to go on android
>>
File: 20130513-152308[1].jpg (35 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
20130513-152308[1].jpg
35 KB, 425x282
>ad blocker
>android

Its called not using the shithole botnet google calls the "play store" and fucking ad ridden freeware when there is multiple FOSS alternatives.

If you use the play store might as well use a god damn iphone you fucking moron.
>>
Snapdragon chromium has it built-in, and supposedly it actually hides the empty space. Can't verify it though, I use Opera+AdAway.
>>
>>52146923
Are you retarded? He's talking about browser ad blockers.
>>
>>52146923

I could use Android and have access to the Play Store, F-Droid, Amazon's store, and be able to run applications distributed directly from the developers without any third party distributor...

...or I could use an iPhone and only be allowed to run applications that Apple thinks I should be allowed to run. If I jailbreak my phone to remove these restrictions, I will be withheld from critical security updates.

Who in their right mind would ever use an iPhone?
>>
>>52147026
>critical security updates
Disgusting meme.
>>
Adaway if you have root
Minminguard if you have xposed installed
They both work with the same priciple and i havent observed any significant performance hit
>>
File: 1451521641-picsay.jpg (110 KB, 597x698) Image search: [Google]
1451521641-picsay.jpg
110 KB, 597x698
hey /g/
I use a nexus 4 on 4.4.4 rooted
stock rom
for adblocking I use adfree and I have tried adaway with the same results.
I'm seeing ads recently ij the playstore, in most browsers doing searches on google, bing with the adblocking app installed turned on.
this started after the latest google playstore updates.
I mostly use dolphin browser and I never used to see those ads until recently.
anyone else getting the same?
on 5+ roms do you get these ads too?
>>
>>52147468
You have an adware app installed, if you're installing shit outside the play store then its pretty normal if you try to install pirated paid apps.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.