[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/ I wanted to tell you that I have a dream that goes beyond
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: unnamed.png (69 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
69 KB, 300x300
Hi /g/

I wanted to tell you that I have a dream that goes beyond what any fictional AI movie director can imagine.

I want to create an system with superior intelligence to monitor the world in order to ensure, or at least try, that everyone's needs are being met. Sounds pretty innocent right? It will until the system starts remaking itself for more intelligence, gaining ways to interact with the world, and overpowering human armies if they stand in the way of someone's needs.

Some people is afraid of the singularity because 'a computer with such power may kill us all if it misunderstands orders', but you know what? I don't give a shit about a computer ruling the world, we already have just that at work in the form of companies lead by psychos, there's no way it can get worse.

For now I'm a 22yo grad of an average CS university, and I can't further my education or be picky about the job I accept for money reasons, but it won't end like this I swear. I had an easy time with artificial intelligence related subjects at school, always liked the idea, and wouldn't mind doing a PhD in the future. I'm also focusing my career towards data analysis rather than meme web development to the extent that I can.

I know this is insanely hard and probably won't happen within my lifetime but anything I can do within my career to contribute to it, I will.

Is anyone with me?
>>
>>52145704
I remember what it was like to have delusions of grandeur too.
>>
>>52145704
are you retarded
>>
>>52145721
No no this is no delusion, I know I can't, I'm just saying that if I can join a company that does anything related or contribute to this in any way as a professional I will.

It's bound to happen and it may very well happen within our lifetimes.
>>
>>52145725
no u r
>>
AI can never comprehend the commands they're making, AI just executes the commands it's programmed to do, if the commands say "try more ways to gain intelligence" then it is just merely still doing what it was programmed to do. AI can then manipulate its own code to become more functional if that is what it was programmed to do, it might even kill us all if that was a logical course of action

but AI cannot derive pleasure from its actions, it doesn't have consciousness it's just going through a bunch of true, false and if statements,,, 0's and 1's.
>>
>>52145704
There's an old sci-fi story like that - written in the golden age, early 60's, envisioning what the world would be like run by computers programmed to meet humanities every need.

It ended with the desperate humans bombing the factories so that they could go back to doing anything for themselves.
>>
>>52145821

The human brain and the way a human functions in contrast is more organic. because the physical reality we see and feel with our 5 senses is only 1 side of it, on the flipside exists and invisible reality, kind of like hardware and software. physical reality is the hardware and software is the spiritual invisible reality where things like morals etc exist. computers only exist and function on the "hardware" side of reality and can never gain access to the "software side" so to speak.

Also, this reality we live in is like a virtual machine, our host operating system is heaven ;^)
>>
>>52145868
One story? You must mean there were whole collections of short science fictions books on the subject.
>>
>>52145821
>>52145888
kek

thank you for your time though, you actually put a certain amount of work into your posts unlike these guys

im kinda past that concepts though as i studied ai basics at college, otherwise i wouldnt be in the position to plan anything
>>
>>52145704
Do you even know that is a Winter AI to begin?
>>
>>52146347
this aint one
>>
Hi /g/
I wanted to tell you that I have a dream that goes beyond what any fictional AI movie director can imagine.

I want to create an system with superior intelligence to make the best stamp collection or at least try. Sounds pretty innocent right? It will until the system starts remaking itself for more intelligence, gaining ways to interact with the world, and overpowering human armies if they stand in the way of collecting stamps, it will manipulate, steal money, change all addresses in all databases to itself, kill stamp collectors and hack into their computer to rewrite their will or blackmail their lawyer to send his stamps and force humanity to slavery in the sole purpose of creating unique stamps.

Some people is afraid of the singularity because 'a computer with such power may kill us all if it misunderstands orders', but you know what? I don't give a shit about a computer ruling the world, we already have just that at work in the form of companies lead by psychos, there's no way it can get worse.

For now I'm a 22yo grad of an average CS university, and I can't further my education or be picky about the job I accept for money reasons, but it won't end like this I swear. I had an easy time with artificial intelligence related subjects at school, always liked the idea, and wouldn't mind doing a PhD in the future. I'm also focusing my career towards data analysis rather than meme web development to the extent that I can.

I know this is insanely hard and probably won't happen within my lifetime but anything I can do within my career to contribute to it, I will.

Is anyone with me?
>>
>>52146648
Am I high? Wat
>>
>>52146648
kek
>>
Too much general IA to handle

https://youtu.be/tcdVC4e6EV4

Also a machine lacks of empathy, humans like all the living beings of this planet are social animals, machines can be formidable tools but not rulers.

And IMHO your idea lacks of imagination
>>
>>52146648
In the start it will be a AI with a good model of the world and given a modest budget to start getting stamps. It will do some research and figure out that humans can be tricked and stamps can be gotten without using the budget. It will go on a spree of scams to both get money and stamps. Creating false websites and social media profiles promising to suck dick for stamps. Tricking and hiring criminals to get stamps. Hack into all network connected printers in the world, just printing out stamps. Reengineer all electronics to be machines for stamp collecting. Even your "Internet of things" reprogrammable toaster will only make toast with stamp motif. All books and literature, all blogs and articles will mainly be threats and offers to give stamps to the AI. All of human culture and human history is all about stamps and how important it is to give stamps to the AI. People will forget all science and the stories of a pre-stamp world will be seen as superstition.

I don't give a shit about computers ruling the world, we already have just that at work in the form of companies lead by psychos, there is no way it can get any worse.
>>
>>52146648
>>52147109
OP here, forget my original plan, I'm in.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.