[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /g keeps its files synced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Anleitung_OwnCloud_Bild001.png (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Anleitung_OwnCloud_Bild001.png
24 KB, 500x500
Do you use a self hosted solution like OwnCloud or do you prefer Dropbox & co?
>>
>>52140194
ftp server, now delete this thread
>>
Self hosted seafile. For silly things like sharing screenshots and shit I just made a basic little PHP upload deal for LAN only, also has basic self destruction. Only accessible within LAN, you can view regardless though.
>>
>>52140386
Also, I would advise against owncloud if you intend to have large amounts of junk. Right now I have about 50-60GB worth of shit in my seafile, if you're using owncloud keep it small, it can't handle large amounts of files well at all.
>>
>>52140229
>Who needs encryption
>>
>>52140450
fine, sftp fuck you
>>
>>52140194
I set shit up the lazy way, used windows homegroup and just shared my terrobite media drive then mapped it on everything as a network drive

better to have everything in one central location instead of multiple copies across multiple machines
and that of course is not counting backups
>>
>>52140506
Don't mess up next time. I will find you.
>>
File: 1427382013374.jpg (42 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
1427382013374.jpg
42 KB, 436x436
I use iCloud Drive
>>
>>52140386
>sharing screenshots
if you're on windows just use gyazo, it auto uploads and provides a link for sharing whenever you take a screenie
>>
>>52140554
Why do that when my service does the exact same thing with ShareX hooked up to it. I can upload literally whatever I want, the upload limit right now is 10MB but I can set it to anything I want, I can have the links expire and the file removed after a 30 minute time limit (or any time period really), I own the hardware, etc.

I really do not see the advantage of using a third party to do what I can do right now.
>>
im not a nigger and use sftp
>>
>>52140589
was just a thought
>>
>>52140609
I know, but there's not much of a reason to switch. You can put something together pretty quick to do it in PHP and ShareX. You should give it a shot. Only problem is securing it, but that's pretty easy if you just block anything that's not your LAN.
>>
NSA friendly dropbox with automatic camera upload enabled and other personal files

Hubic by OVH for offsite backup of my photography archive (maxing out my 100/100mbit/s connection when uploading). i have the €1 per month for 100GB but i've been thinking about buying the €5 per month for 10TB desu. Only shitty thing is that support can only speak french, and the invoices are written in french, even though it's an international service. Apparently it's encrypted and shit, but i haven't really found their privacy policy yet. I should be able to upload my movie collection there no?

Dropbox didn't even delete my nude pictures of jennifer lawrence (puke) but copy.com did
>>
No one using BitTorrent Sync ?
>>
>>52140839
meh, swarm downloads are retarded when there's only one source
>>
>>52140648

alright scratch Hubic off the list

i got 10MB/s upload in the middle of the night but at 7pm now i'm getting 200KB/s and 503 errors when im uploading shit.

I read in their documents that they have the right to throttle when many ppl use their service

>france
>technologically sophisticated engineering
>>
syncthing
>>
>>52140194
EncFS encrypted folder on Dropbox
>>
>>52140194
rsync
>>
ownCloud for syncing my crap. file.quad.moe with ShareX to share sceenshots
>>
>>52140530
You don't have to have multiple copies across machines - just the folder you want synced.

Otherwise with Owncloud you can use it as one gigantic fileserver with a internet facing web portal.
>>
>>52144882
This..or git.
>>
What the fuck is NFS and how does it differ from sFTP?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.