[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm tired of Android. Is the BlackBerry Passport an okay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: blackberry-passport-4993-009.jpg (49 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
blackberry-passport-4993-009.jpg
49 KB, 770x433
I'm tired of Android. Is the BlackBerry Passport an okay phone? I don't expect it to do the same shit as android, I only plan to call, text, browse the web, and listen to music. I'm just curious about its performance in what I listed and it's battery life.

Just wanted to get /g/'s opinion on it.
>>
why the fuck would you want a blackberry
you probably like dick in the ass
>>
>>52139867
It looks disgusting

What happend to horizontal physical keyboards
>>
>>52139867
its utterly brilliant as long as you won't feel self conscious or embarrassed using it in public
>>
If you just want a phone to do such things, why bother buying a flagship device when you can get something used for hundreds less that is more than capable of doing what you require.

Fuck man, even the LG G2 is still a damned awesome device especially if you put CloudyG2 on it - runs like a dream, smooth as silk, no issues, everything works. You can find a G2 for like $100-150 these days in excellent condition.

Nothing wrong with the Passport but battery life can't match the G2 believe it or not, not many phones today actually can. I still use a Droid MAXX and only plug it in to charge like once every 3-4 days, seriously.

New stuff != the best stuff, or the longest lasting.
>>
>>52140222
also im a q10 owner and have been saving up for one for ages but keep spending my money on other shit
>>
File: mfw.gif (407 KB, 535x480) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
407 KB, 535x480
>>52140179
So what if I do, faggot?
>>
>>52140203
I actually find it quite attractive. >>52140230

>>52140230
I'll admit I'm impressed with the G2, I decided to look it up since you mentioned it. My only problem with it, is that it uses android, and I'm utterly sick of using that OS. Every update seems to fuck something up on my Note 3.
>>
>>52140222
Size or shape of the phone doesn't really bother me, I've been using a note 3 forever.
>>
>>52140404
What is your problem with Android? I'm on CM13 and it's pretty dope.
>>
If you have small hands, or find it hard to use you note with one hand, don't get it. Otherwise it's amazing. And I think BB10 has support for android apps, not sure so you'll have to research it.
>>
File: 1438786196022.gif (405 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1438786196022.gif
405 KB, 160x160
>>52139867
>I'm tired of Android.

How can you be tired of God tier phone OS??

That's like getting tired of pussy or breathing.
>>
File: 1446926978902.jpg (39 KB, 998x720) Image search: [Google]
1446926978902.jpg
39 KB, 998x720
>>52142271
>>52146013
Every update I get fucks up my phone somehow, battery life tanked and a lot of things I liked were stripped when 5.0 hit, phone freezes during simple things like texting, screen cuts out and my carrier has to service and reset it. It hasn't been a great experience so far.
>>
>>52145123
Thanks for the reply, I was actually wondering how it feels to use it one handed. I have no problem using it with one hand so that's great.
>>
How are modern BB's for browsing, email and GPS/Maps? Literally all I use on a device.
>>
Actual owner here.

For what you want to do with it, it's practically a perfect phone. I've used all of the major OS at one point or another, and the stock BB10 browser is the best mobile browser I've ever used. Keyboard and swiping predicted text is great. Only issue is that that numbers and punctuation are on the screen, but you learn to live with it after a while.

Battery life is fantastic. Hub is incredible, don't know how I'd live without it.

Music player is alright. Not as good as the options available on iOS and Android, but it's adequate.

Just do it. It's an amazing piece of hardware couple with an amazing OS.
>>
File: B4_zNhDIgAAwHVp.jpg (78 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
B4_zNhDIgAAwHVp.jpg
78 KB, 600x600
>>52146078
NEVER UPDATE PHONE!!

Have updates for ANYTHING ever been good EVER???

EVER!!!!!!!

Seriously tho, I thought we all knew dat. What make is phone? I'm on a Nexus 5 (best phone)
>>
>>52140230
Install CM13 instead of this Xda rom crap
>>
>>52140326
Fgt
>>
>>52146013
Just get him to buy a Windows phone and use it for a couple months. I didn't realize how GOAT Android was until I used that abomination. Nexus phones are light years ahead of that garbage. Coincidentally I sold my Lumia 640 for C$100 today.
>>
File: avatar_0ba78ec95473_512.png (141 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
141 KB, 512x512
>>52146181
I appreciate the reply, very informative.
>>
File: IMG_20151230_195418.png (377 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151230_195418.png
377 KB, 1440x1440
To be quite honest, I switched from an LG G3, and couldn't be happier. Like OP, I use the phone primarily for browsing, email, texting, calling, and telegram. The keyboard, although it's not horizontal, is roomy and clicky. The gestures on the keyboard have made it the most enjoyable keyboard I've typed thus far. As for browsing, the wide screen, albeit 1440, is great because everything is readily readable without zooming. The keyboard shortcuts are fantastic, and everything is fast and fluid. I also use this phone for music daily and, I must say, the stock music is great, too. The battery life is among the best I've seen, always being able to get through the day without the though of needing a charger, even under heavy use. I also find the phone to be quite attractive, even though it's the weirdest looking phone out there. I'd say go for it, OP.
>>
>>52139867
>call, text, browse the web, and listen to music
Should be a lot more than enough. I have a Blackberry Classic, and have the same use case except music. Passport have more RAM, battery, and a lot more processing power. Can't comment on the comfy-ness wrt to shape and keyboard though.
>>
>>52147634
I've decided I'm going to buy an unlocked one off of amazon, probably going to use pay as you go from Att. Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>52140230
>I still use a Droid MAXX and only plug it in to charge like once every 3-4 days, seriously.
This is how often I have to charge my Passport.
>>
>>52146158
Browsing is fluid. The phone was made for e-mails, since it targets businessmen. Maps are garbage, though. I mean, they are not terrible, but you may want to look for a 3rd party map app, because stock ones leaves a lot to be desired.
>>
>>52139867
AOSP is the answer

faggot
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.