[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There have been threads about this before, but I'd never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
There have been threads about this before, but I'd never encountered it using uBlock.

Any other sites currently doing this? I am going to blacklist them in my local DNS server.
>>
>>52138101
some guy (reeker) made a greasemonkey script to turn that shit off (its on github)

I usually just use ublock to hide these elements
>>
What distro/DE/theme is that?
>>
GQ just started blocking people using adblockers too

i think it will backfire. i think people will be just less likely to click on links from these sites if they require adblock to be disabled.
>>
>>52138418
>Target is going to stop letting shoplifters go to their stores.
>I think it will backfire. Shoplifters will just not go to the store if they're expected not to shoplift.
>>
>>52138306
Looks like default Chrome or FF.
>>
>>52138143
They're in the 3rd party options for adblock too, it's as simple as checking a box to add the anti-adblock killer scripts
>>
>>52138439
watch out the memeing begins
>stealing
>>
>>52138439
>comparing it to stealing
my computer is my domain. when they send content to my computer, it is my choice as far as what portions of the markup I want to display and how I want to display them.

as trolly as your comparison is (comparing adblocking to theft), it is apt. if they make it hard to block ads on a site, people who hate ads are less likely to visit that site. for news sites, blocking people with ad blockers is not a zero sum game where you're only blocking leeches. people share and link articles with one another. people contribute to comments on articles.
>>
>>52138101
>quote of the day
hipster shit galore
>>
>>52138439
>we are days from 2016
>people are still using this floored analogy
>>
>>52138418
Everytime I see an annoying anti-adblocker I leave the site
>>
File: 1449138909092.png (8 KB, 785x85) Image search: [Google]
1449138909092.png
8 KB, 785x85
>>52138439
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.