[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will their reign last one century?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: googlelogo_color_284x96dp.png (13 KB, 568x192) Image search: [Google]
googlelogo_color_284x96dp.png
13 KB, 568x192
Will their reign last one century?
>>
>>52138090
Probably. Microsoft, Facebook, Google and Apple are there to stay for long
>>
>>52138208
i can see Apple dieing though
They haevily depend on the marketing of their brand and not functionality
>>
>>52138208
>Microsoft
eh...
>>
>>52138208
>Facebook
>1 Century
???
>>
lol no
>>
>>52138291
They have bought many companies that will probably have a big role in the future. Also, they control most of communications done in the western world: Facebook and Instagram, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Facebook
>>
>>52138208
>Facebook

the new MySpace/Orkut, only in a era when far more people have acess to and know how to use the internet. Something better will show up in less than a decade and replace it.
>>
>>52138443
most of the communications are done by phone or mail ( gmail not counting)
>>
>>52138253
it's pretty much not the case anymore
their devices' specs are quite good
apple only sucks because of their $99 proprietary adapter bullshit
>>
>>52138498
Thats dissapearing quickly if not beaten already. Phone calls are becoming less common every year and Instant Messaging companies like WhatsApp grow in size quickly. Also, email is dissapearing in businesses and they are switching to alternatives such as Slack
>>
>>52138498
More of my friends answer fb calls, so I'm using that more, doesn't really put a dent in my data either.
Carriers are dying and quicker than most people think.
>>
>>52138443
They bought WhatsApp because Facebook is in a crisis. They're not growing anymore in the West. Now most of their users are in developing countries or third world. That's why Zuckerturd went to India to give them "free internet", because it would force them to use Facebook.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-35192184

Indians are reluctant to take his offer, they don't want their internet to depend on Facebook.

Zuck is such a psychopathic piece of manipulative shit. The worst kind of autist.
>>
>>52138620
>>52138648
for regular users, yeah - but i doubt i will be chatting with my bank/some serious coprorates/gov. agencies throug wazup and co., and may as it seems, ISPs and such rip much more from corporates throug bullshit licenses which will feed them enough money to keep them running (even if regular users will remain a small minority)
>>
>>52138443
Most of those acquistions are yet to prove their value.

What if Oculus fails (it could happen in either two situations 1) VR ends up being a fad (again) only popular with a small niche of nerds 2) Other VR companies manage to dominate the marketplace with their products).

Facebook doesn't earn enough PROFIT to throw around billions here and there without being able to recoup them long-term.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
>he thinks the world as we know it will exist in 100 years
>he even thinks the world as we know it will exist in 10 years
>>
I hope facebook collapses in on itself. Terrible company run by a huge asshole.
>>
>>52138274
You're joking right
>>
File: 1450256440817.png (440 KB, 645x1260) Image search: [Google]
1450256440817.png
440 KB, 645x1260
>>52139262
>he thinks he is going to be the last man standing in some mad max scenario

grow up kid
>>
>>52140273
>implying WW3 won't happen next year
>>>/pol/ git gud
>>
>>52140299
/pol/ is my home board

it's always wrong there is never going to be a big happening
>>
>>52138686
How would this work? Would they need their fb account to connect to fb's internet?
>>
>>52140464
Facenet only connects to a handful of cherrypicked websites, facebook being among those. They exclude search engines like google and sources of information like wikipedia
>>
>>52138208
facebook is dying
Microsoft probably will sooner or later
>>
>>52140579
>Microsoft probably will sooner or later
I hope not. MS is the lesser evil here
>>
>>52138090
>has all the money
>buys whoever threatens them
yes
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.