[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.kitguru.net/components/j ames-morris/nvidia-quadr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Quadro_M4000-3qtr_575px.jpg (28 KB, 678x495) Image search: [Google]
Quadro_M4000-3qtr_575px.jpg
28 KB, 678x495
http://www.kitguru.net/components/james-morris/nvidia-quadro-m4000-review/

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA
>>
Maybe things are diffrent in the workstation world, but I feel like the moment you have to use a molex PCIe power connector you should throw your PSU into the garbage.
>>
this gon be my next gaymen card and im gonna 4 way sli!
>>
>single slot
>that much power

what is this witchcraft?
>>
>>52137948
Its going to run loud and hot as hell. But it doesnt matter because its all still technically within tolerance.
>>
>>52136965
>However, it’s highly significant that FP64 (64-bit floating point) arithmetic logic units (ALUs) have been further reduced from 1/24 to 1/32 compared to the previous generation, which will put the M4000 at a disadvantage with applications using FP64 operations.

Nvidia is even gimping their fucking workstation cards now holy shit.
>>
>>52137948
You do realize the GPu itself is like 1mm thick at that. The rest is just heatsink/pipe and fans
>>
>>52138038
This is true for consumer grade GPUs too and many of those are dual slot.

Why the fuck would you bring that up?
>>
>>52137995
Kek, Nvidia gimps the one thing gfx cards are used heavily for.
>>
>>52138062
I'm actually amazed that people are still supporting this bullshit still.

I wonder who is still buying these things.
>>
>>52138061
And they are dual slot because of the giant fucking headpipes and fans.

What don't you get? Any of those consumer cards could be made into single slot with the removal of the extra display ports and be fine but run hot as hell.

The number of slots taken has no fucking say in how powerful its.
>>
>>52136965
>New Quadro card
>Nvidia continues cutting FP64 performance
Is it just me or has Nvidia just stopped giving a shit when it comes to anything other than games?
>>
>>52138100
What I dont get is why when he mentioned power you said mentioned the size of the chip itself, which has never been relevant to the size of the card.

Thinking about it now, I think you were just pointing out something so hilariously obvious that I tried to apply some sort of grand meaning to it.

>>52138115
They literally dont give a fuck any more at all. People just keep buying this shit.
>>
>>52138115
Nvidia has never been good m8. They spend most of their money on ads and locking game devs into their software.
>>
File: pro bench.png (409 KB, 2256x1696) Image search: [Google]
pro bench.png
409 KB, 2256x1696
>>52138115
They have no competition
>>
>>52138180
I've been waiting pretty impatiently for HBM to come to AMD's Workstation cards.

God damn man. Workstation hasnt had a breakthrough in over six fucking years.
>>
You fags are beyond stupid

FP64 is irrelevant for professional graphics applications, FP32 is what they use

Pascal will bring back FP64 for compute
>>
>>52138767
How much does Nvidia pay you?
>>
>>52136965
Who gives a shit about that when we could find out when Pascal drops?
>>
>Y-y-you gaymers are all silly manchildren. Use your pc's for actual work.
>Thread about a piece of tech with only work applications.
>18 replies in several hours.
Fuck you /g/.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.