[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> tfw skype is in Big Brother mode > "friend"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: FS.jpg (73 KB, 791x408) Image search: [Google]
FS.jpg
73 KB, 791x408
> tfw skype is in Big Brother mode
> "friend" adds my mobile number in her skike account
> i don't even use skike
> whenever my mobile is on, i appear as "online" to her skype

How the fuck can i be invisible from skype /g/?
>>
It's not difficult...

https://prism-break.org/en/subcategories/gnu-linux-instant-messaging/
>>
>>52135659
Ditch the botnet, Anon.
>>
>>52135659
Do you have skike installed? Or a skype phone in your house?
>>
>>52135675
>>52135678
>>52135686

I will repeat that I DON'T USE SKYPE. But my mobile appears online to another skype account whenever it's on.

My mobile is android based without skype in it.
>>
>>52135707
Did you link your Outlook™ account with your Skype account? For example when they discontinued messenger? And by any chance do you have outlook installed?
>>
>>52135731
I don't use any micro$oft product and my mobile phone number was never linked with skype of outlook.
>>
>>52135659
>2016
>owning a phone
lol u nigger
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (7 KB, 300x161) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
7 KB, 300x161
>>52135781
>>
>>52135659
Where is your content rich topic starter retard?

This is considered a stupid retard thread. Stupid retard thread, by default, Implies a question that no one should answer, has been asked.

As I am the offical content police on your thread, I am going to have to ban you from the normie group.

For this matter be to be resolved, I have/must move you to the retard group where you are to be quiet and observe normies.

Enjoy whatever you get retard because you have been retarded.

Sincerely
The retard and content police
>>
>>52135794

stfu newfag
>>
>>52135659
Wtf? So now skype can monitor if any mobile is operating worlwide? Sheeeeeeeeeeeet!
>>
>her
>>
>>52135799
>Where is your content rich topic starter retard?
>This is considered a stupid retard thread. Stupid retard thread, by default, Implies a question that no one should answer, has been asked.
>As I am the offical content police on your thread, I am going to have to ban you from the normie group.
>For this matter be to be resolved, I have/must move you to the retard group where you are to be quiet and observe normies.
>Enjoy whatever you get retard because you have been retarded.
>Sincerely
>The retard and content police

This is considered a stupid retard thread. Stupid retard thread, by default, Implies a question that no one should answer, has been asked.

As I am the offical content police on your thread, I am going to have to ban you from the normie group.

For this matter be to be resolved, I have/must move you to the retard group where you are to be quiet and observe normies.

Sincerely

Sincerely
>>
>>52135659
>>52135675
>>52135678
>>52135707

This thead (assuming OP is for real) is the first time freetards have made me think maybe they're onto something.
>>
>>52135799
newfag

Hang on???

Are you not a retard?

Fuck sorry for the complex question billy.
>>
>>52135659
>>52135707
Skype is botnet/AIDS, but what you're saying sounds impossible.
>>
Welcome to the botnet
>>
>>52135707
It's a mobile number retard, it's always on. Skype just let's you text numbers.
>>
>>52135919
>>52135928
OP here. I have googled my problem by i can't find out anything about it.
The only thing that i haven't mentioned is that my "friend" has payed skype so that she can call from it to any normal phone. Maybe when you pay you enter Big Brother(TM) Mode.
>>
Do you have any other microsoft 'services' logged in when you're on your phone?
>>
>>52135951
this. As long as it doesn't show you as offline when your phone isn't powered on, any botnet accusation is simply retarded.
>muh botnet meme
>>
>>52135959
Or maybe it always says online?
do you actually shut your phone off anyways?
>>
>>52135951
>>52135973
>>52135982

1) It's not always on
2) Why the fuck would i want to appear online/offline to an aplication i don't even use?!
>>
>>52135659
>> whenever my mobile is on, i appear as "online" to her skype

>whenever my mobile is off, i appear as "online" to her skype too
>>
>>52135913
stop sniffing the bath salt anon
>>
>>52135967

It's an android phone, so no.
>>
>>52135928
I don't think so, skype is ALSO a telco company, it doesn't sound very hard for them at all, they have all kinds of contracts with national and international telcos.
>>
>>52135995
>failing to realize the point
I'll try to explain it again.
Your friend just added your phone number and it will always show you as online. You're not online on Skype or anything. Nor it means that you're really available. If she tries to call or text you, she is going to use the paid voip functionalities of skype.
There's not a problem with it or anything.
You could start blaming Microsoft if it somehow showed your phone number as offline when you powered off your phone.
>>
>>52135659
so skype can see your mobile phone number online yet a ps3 can't see a ps4 online, what a time to be alive
>>
>>52136055
I haven't checked it with her yet, so i don't know if it always shows me online.
However, she has sent me messages ONLY when i had my phone turned ON. She never sent me any messages while it was off.

If i am shown always online, there is no problem.
If not... there is a huge one!
>>
>>52136111
Are you sure that skype isn't caching messages sent when you're offline and then sending them when you're online?

Do some testing dude. Stop assuming things.
>>
>>52136111

Do you have the GPS on your phone activated?
>>
>>52136145
>Are you sure that skype isn't caching messages sent when you're offline and then sending them when you're online?

Yes. The only messages she has sent me were sent in real time.

>Do some testing dude. Stop assuming things.

You're right bro. Although we're not close friends, i will ask her next time we meet if it shows me permanently online.
>>
>>52136159
No
>>
File: 199.jpg (46 KB, 680x512) Image search: [Google]
199.jpg
46 KB, 680x512
>>52135659
OP, there's a saying in the city where I live that I would like to share with you
>if life is trying to fuck you, fight back.
>But if life is already fucking you in the ass then just keep calm and let it finish, because if you move now you are only going to get hurt more, not only that but it (life) will enjoy it more.

Microsoft/NSA is already pounding your ass OP. Just embrace the botnet, take the bluepill.
It's too late now, you could have prevented it, but you failed.
>>
>>52136181
Please post your results.
In the meantime, check your phone for any microsoft-connected applications. Do some research on what the parent company is for the various things you use.
>>
>>52136197

This. Never fall off the botnet or you'll get noticed. Hide in the crowd.
>>
>>52136220
>Please post your results.

I will report back after further investigation.

However, it is interesting that not one /g/entooman knew that skype is doing this.
>>
>>52136285
Most normies don't use skype now that facebook has its own webcam feature
>>
>>52136308
This normie uses paid skype for international phone calls to non computer literate people.
>>
>>52136262
>Hide in the crowd.
Just like the paris shooters did
Plain text SMS lol
Nice job NSA

I think the irony of the NSA is if they actually do their job they can't whine about how they need more of your rights taken away
>>
>>52136340

NSA is an American agency. They aren't going to worry about Paris. That's someone else's job.
>>
>>52136285
I don't have a smartphone. They're sophisticated spying devices.

Also I have no friends so take that as you will.
>>
>>52136368
Or the french NSA, whatever.
the NSA still had the ability to stop this attack. The information was there in their data centers.
>>
>>52136339
Family? Tech support?
>>
>>52135780

Your phone number has never been linked to skype by you, doesn't mean someone added your number and has an account with skype with your number in it.

If your friend texts you with that number do you get that message in anyway?
>>
>>52135707
are you sure that's how it works? i've never heard of that.
maybe it's just always showing you as online?
>>
>>52136197
Are we gunna have to do like women?

How do we piss and shit ourselves or will the nsa thrust harder then?
>>
>>52135781
>owning electronic devices
lol enjoy your botnet faggots
>>
>Have a troll Skype account
>Sign in on my phone
>Forget to enable Privacy Guard
>Skype contacts leak to phone contacts and Whatsapp
>Nearly have a heart attack when I can see all my Skype contacts real phone numbers, and I presume vice versa

I'm sure there's a privacy issue here somewhere
>>
>>52137695
>I'm sure there's a privacy issue here somewhere

Yeah it's called Skype
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.