[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10 is malware. It contains a universal back door, wh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 31
File: no-thanks.jpg (24 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
no-thanks.jpg
24 KB, 640x360
Windows 10 is malware. It contains a universal back door, which means that Microsoft can remotely install any change it wishes. This means it could remotely install code to decrypt parts of your disk and send the data to Microsoft. Whatever encryption software you use, even if it is free/libre, you’re hosed.

We know this, because Microsoft admits it. Microsoft also admits that it can remotely access any file on Windows 10. See http://gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.html.

Malicious functionality is par for the course, nowadays, with software that is not free/libre. Apple is not much different from Microsoft: http://gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.html. When software is under the control of a company, that company is constantly tempted to mistreat its own users. See http://gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-even-more-important.html.

The solution is obvious: don’t use any of non-free software. Defenestrate your computer by installing GNU/Linux in place of Windows.
>>
Brb updating to Windows 10.
>>
Just got windows 8 a week ago, then found this place and found that win10 is botnet and also put botnet stuff on win8 and 7, what are good Linux distros and wheres a good dummy's guide to setting up this stuff
>>
>>52132204
Tell us something we don't already know OP. You're preaching to the choir.
>>
GNO
>>
>>52132296
>what are good Linux distros
No one knows.
>>
>>52132296
>>>/g/flt/
>>
>>52132296
Good Linux distros for newbies are Ubuntu and Linux Mint.

Ubuntu uses a desktop environment similar to OSX while Mint's environment more closely resembles windows.

Installing either is easy. Just burn the image to a DVD and boot from it.
>>
The same is true of all OSes with an update functionality. Including all secure Linux distros.

If you don't trust your OS vendor to not send you malicious software, then, yes, use a different OS. There's no fix for that which doesn't leave you more vulnerable (without updates=sitting duck=threat to the network).

If you don't trust any software vendor, go all Terry Davis and write your own. Not that you have that level of literally insane dedication.

And then remember you're still trusting the whole hardware stack, and in particular even after 32c3, no-one in open academia has even analysed what the Intel Management Engine even runs on, let alone analysed its firmware... And then cry.

Your OS would need updates anyway. It wasn't written by djb, you know.
>>
I also in America have the ability to kill anybody I wish after I buy a gun at Wal-Mart, but I never have.
>>
>>52132296

Linux Mint works for me. Easy to set up and at least on the KDE version, everything I need just werks.
>>
>>52132335
>>52132316
Thanks guys
>>
>>52132296

Good is subjective, I personally like Mint and openSUSE. To be honest though, if you're just fapping away to pics online, Linux is fine; for gaming, say what you will about Steam, but a combination of lack of titles, non-existent drivers, and when it does work, less performance than DirectX, make it unusable as a primary OS for gaming. Personally hoping to try hardware pass-through VM on my system once I back it up and have spare time, would love to confine Windows to a tiny corner where it does the least amount of damage.
>>
>>52132296
Ubuntu, then install gentoo after mir melts your GPU and wpa_supplicant explodes with the config file in a nonstandard place.
>>
>>52132395
He didn't say shit about games, and it depends which games you play.
>>
>>52132365
The issue is not that MS would send you malicious software that would destroy your data or empty your bank account etc.. They obviously wouldn't.

The issue is that Windows comes PREINSTALLED with malicious software that monitors everything you do, sends it back to MS for "improving users' experience" (i.e. selling your profile to third parties).

Also if MS was ever hacked all your most private information would end up in the hands of criminals.
>>
>>52132380
Same here.
Easier to install/setup than windows.
>>
>>52132204
>look at desktop linux marketshare
>still less than 2%

Sorry, OP, your speech didn't help, Linux is still irrelevant.
>>
>>52132459
>2% of people are savvy 98% are retarded braindead consumers that are easy prey for marketing firms.

Sounds about right.
>>
>>52132459
With all the marketing M$ has done, winsa 10 only has 9%.
When people start leaving win 7 behind, linux popularity will grow.
>>
I agree with everything said about Windows 10 and Microsoft in general in this thread , BUT, how else can I play my dank meme games? :( Believe it or not, alot of games aren't gnu/linux compatible (inb4 steamOS fanboys)
>>
OP has a backdoor in his ass
>>
>>52132555

Crossover actually plays a fair amount of these supposedly incompatible games.
>>
>>52132489
>savvy
>uses OS with terrible, almost non-existant professional applications outside simple office suites

Yeah, I don't think that's it. It's more a portion of those 98.5% use Windows or OS X because they need to actually work, and the rest of that percentage uses them because that's what they're familiar with, since they learned it for work.

>>52132508
No, it won't. Businesses that rely on Windows and its software will not move away from Windows. Even if there's cost involved, it's much easier for them to move to a newer Windows version that to move to an entirely different OS like Linux distros, and retarin everybody, specially since their employees would need to learn CLI.

Consumers won't move away either, because consumers don't install OSes. They just use what came with the computer. As they start replacing their old computers, they'll buy new ones that come with Windows 10 and then that's the OS that will grow. Average joes will not go though the hassle of installing Linux on their computers.
>>
Keep the OS on a seperate hard drive. Spying solved.
>>
>>52132570
You mean a paid, non open-source solution? :/
>>
>>52132580
I work as a web developer. I use Linux all the time.

The only reason reason companies run Windows is because they bulk buy PCs from Dell that come preinstalled with Windows.

What exactly do you do on Windows that cannot be done on Linux?
>>
>>52132612
Seriously, this. My company has a recurring 2 year contract with Dell D:
>>
>>52132204
B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>defenestrate your computer
Maybe I will....
>>
>>52132612

Stupidly, our company's POS software will only work on IE9 and older. Not Chrome, Not IE11, nothing but IE9 and older.
>>
>>52132598
Steam ia proprietary and you pay for games on it.
>>
>>52132637
Games
>>
>>52132204
>http://gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.html.

> Microsoft also admits that it can remotely access any file on Windows 10

Really? Show me where they have admitted this.

Holy fuck some people are stupid. Yes, Windows collects telemetry data. But unless you've actually seen the data collected, shut your mouth. Have I seen the data? Yes. I helped code the automation for the farm that it runs on.

What's included? Depends on what you do. In an update check, the contents of wmic qfe list, sysinfo.exe and I think some .net runtimes are checked.

Activation? Windows version, install type (UEFI / BIOS, x86 / x64, IP address)

There are other examples that I'm not going to go into.Some things transmit IP addresses. Hell, most things transmit IP addresses. An IP and IP geo-location are NOT PII (Personally Identifiable Information). Why is it transmitted? Do you really want to download updates from China if you live in LA? And it doesn't go to just Microsoft. It also goes to Akamai.

> It contains a universal back door, which means that Microsoft can remotely install any change it wishes.
> back door
I don't think that word means what you think it means. If your update policies are set to automatically install all updates, then yes, anything relevant in the update catalog will get pushed. Even Skype.

But lets leave the technical arguments aside. You say you respect freedoms. Cool. Use whatever software you want. But respect my freedom and leave me the fuck alone...
>>
>>52132581
How would that help when the hard drive is connected to your computer? That achieves nothing.
>>
>>52132612
Find me a *nix version of Active Directory and Exchange. Go ahead, I'll wait...
>>
>>52132715
Remove the trailing period, M$ cuck
>>
>>52132715
Part of the license agreement when installing Windows 10 is to allow Microsoft access to your personal data:
>Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary.

Data sent when opening and closing a picture:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHA2s04Vtdc
>>
>>52132727
Just Google Linux mail server. Was that hard?
>>
>>52132727
This. Also it's so easy to find database developers and DBA's for SSMS. They're everywhere. I agree that MS sucks but it's more or less ubiquitous with business computing.
>>
>>52132727
OpenLDAP/Apache Directory
>>
>>52132836
>it's so easy to find database developers and DBA's for SSMS.

That's because MSS is fucking garbage compared to Oracle or even PostgreSQL.
>>
>>52132789
>M$ cuck
Maybe, but I suppose it's better to be a paid cuck than a slave cuck...

>>52132789
>Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary.
OneDrive EULA != Windows EULA

>>52132827
>Just Google Linux mail server. Was that hard?
Exchange is more than just a mail server. Much more.

>>52132852
LDAP != Active Directory (LDAP + DNS + Kerberos + policy management)

>>52132891
>MSS is fucking garbage compared to Oracle
Woah, slow down there turbo. On the same hardware OracleDB chokes at about 70K transactions / second where MS SQL doesn't choke until about 110K.

I have no data for PostgreSQL or MySQL.
>>
>microsoft admits it
>links to GNU.org
what kind of shitty bait is this ?

Anyways, what is the choice you're offering ? to use some flavor of Linux and give up all the regular 'comforts' we are used to ?

>>52132508
Have you considered that windows adoption rates have slowed mostly because the PC market is saturated already/declining ?
Also people these days don't see a need to upgrade their desktop nearly as often as before, things are just good enough.
Meanwhile phones are typicalled used for 18-24 months before they are chucked out..

Even the monkies are reddit know better than you
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/3f1jvy/we_will_access_disclose_and_preserve_personal/

MS is just trying to comply with the laws as best as it can and avoid getting sued by customers who will claim their privacy was breached.

Lastly, if Windows did in fact have all these backdoors, why did they bother to create stuxnet or other government sponsored malware, when by your allegations there are backdoors in windows, why go through all that trouble ?
Whats more likely that its a very well secret that no one seems to be able to find these backdoors, or that they don't exist ?
>>
>>52132891
How does that statement make sense to you? Paraphrased "There are a lot of people using it because it's garbage compared with other existing technology."
>>
Also

If you're going to hate on Microsoft that's fine. Off the top of my head I can think of two reasons to despise the company (H1B visa's, off-shore money to avoid taxes), and I work for them.

Be mad that you (in the US anyway) pay higher taxes so they don't have to. Be mad (in the US anyway) that you as an I.T. professional have a lower prevailing wage because an H1B worker will work for less. Fuck mad, be furious...
>>
>>52133019
blame the system, not the players.

I too am upset by those things, but if MS doesn't do those things its competitors will.
Everyone is doing these things and just hoarding cash in ireland.

It would require too much political will and sacrifice to close all those fucking loopholes and fix the H1B program.
>>
File: IMG_20151205_231128.jpg (9 KB, 262x263) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151205_231128.jpg
9 KB, 262x263
>>52133019
>Working for M$
Oy vey, Schlomo. Don't let the goyim know.
>>
>>52132612
After Effects and Premier Pro, I need those for my work.
>>
>>52133055
> blame the system, not the players.
Oh, there's more than enough blame to go around.

> It would require too much political will and sacrifice
As does anything worth fighting for...

>>52133064
Yeah, it's bed time anyway. The wife and I have a morning trail ride planned.

As always /g/, you never fail to disappoint...
>>
Isn't microsoft's ability to remotely install code called the update feature?
I mean shit that's what it does.
>>
>>52133133
>Getting married
Have fun being cucked of 50% of your assets.
>>
>>52133133
>As does anything worth fighting for...
The only thing any kind of user base gets riled up for is for guns.

Getting groped at the airport is ok tho..
Many people just don't care, thinking its impossible for them to make any difference and give up.
Then of course you have career politicians making dumb ass speeches like they represent small business owners or other bullshit, or changing accents depending on what region they are current in.
>>
>>52132612
do you even know what active directory is?

yeah, linux can do ldap, but you cannot deny the FACT the ad is actually really fucking nice.

you look like a fucking child who never has worked a real job when you make posts like that
>>
>>52133152
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AutomaticSecurityUpdates
oh god now.. ubuntu can do the same thing!!!111

>backdoors everywhere
>spyware installed
>muh freeeeedums!

seriously people, its just legalese type language for mundane shit, like app permissions.
>>
>>52133174
>Getting groped at the airport

Just go through the fucking millimeter scanner you aren't some special snowflake.
>>
>>52132204
So what's new? Stating the obvious in a blog shit thread is not helping anyone.
>>
I don't get what everyone is worried about here. If you're doing some super secret OPSEC type shit, wouldn't you be using something that's NOT able to be remotely connected to? Or just not internet accessible? Plis explain
>>
>>52133226
my point is that there shouldn't be this bullshit there in the first place.

its like forcing me to take a suppository and then telling me "here, take this one, its smaller"
>>
>>52133208
>oh god now.. ubuntu can do the same thing!!!111
Requires root access to update. It's not fully automatic.
>>
>>52133258
It's a meme, everybody here uses Windows but pretends that loonix is better, hoping to troll idiots into wasting their time with it.
>>
>>52132380
>>52132458
Mileage will vary, my mint install on Mate had massive screen tearing, I had to switch to cinnamon and use the open source driver and it fixed the issue. Nvidia is still shit in loonix after all these years.
>>
>mfw when windows 10 is the true mark of the beast

>computer can't do shit without it
>>
File: ss3.png (36 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ss3.png
36 KB, 1366x768
>>52133356
I am using Linux as main for a month now. My other HDD with Windows 7 is rotting on my table, I don't feel the need to use it anymore.

If you are curious and want to experience something new, it isn't very hard to learn. I am using GIMP and LibreOffice for my work now, no issues. Having a terminal is so much fun.
>>
With as much shit as you linuxfags pull out of your ass, I'm surprised your not already macfags. Oh you will be a macfag eventually, all linuxfags turn into macfags after all the shit on your hands starts to taste good. Now go make a blog post about it Gordon.
>>
>Still using Windows 7 on my Gaming PC
>Barebones installation with only core updates, security programs, game suites (steam, origin) and 2 programs to rip from blurays/encode them (Paid for license for MakeMKV and handbrake)

This PC also houses all my storage. Movies, music, game ISO's, schoolwork etc. Anything that I feel needs encrypting such as the plaintext document of my passwords for well..... everything is done on Linux. Veracrypt volume with 30+ character password etc.

The ONLY time I'll "upgrade" to Windows 10 is when DirectX 12 is in full swing and 90% of games are using it. Even then it will be a carbon copy of my current 7 installation. Bare bones and bare minimum to keep the system secure and good to go for gaming and gaming only.

I built a machine specifically for school, browsing, and overall use in pic related. Best $140 spent. All in a tiny Elite 110 case.
>>
>>52133448
What distro are you using?
>>
>>52133448
> Linux as main for a month now

You're still in the honeymoon period. Eventually you'll realize how many things are simply not available anywhere else than Windows and crawl back into Microsoft's lap.
>>
>>52133514
I was thinking of doing things like you but I already use chrome on linux and windows, if anyone wants to know anything about me they can find it through the google overlord supreme. I'm not tinfoil tier enough to really give a shit at this point, I might dual boot linux on my main rig next to windows but even for browsing it's kinda pointless since I'm addicted to chrome. I guess it's trading two pairs of eyes watching me for one.
>>
>>52133569
Eh, I can't say MS and Google are EVIL because I use Windows, and also use Google. Extensively. I'll not limit my searches and results given to a shittier engine for the sake of saying hurrr I don't use Google.

For stuff like school, work, and basic browsing, I don't give a fuck what any data mining conglomerate sees. But when I'm logging into my bank? My email (other than gmail)? Paying my bills? No, fuck you, no one but me and the company I'm paying/logging into should be privy to my login information. Period.

As soon as I saw Windows 10 was capable of viewing you files, auto-removing certain programs because it felt they weren't compatible (speccy was one for a while) etc, I said nope. No tin foil on my head, just basic principle. I'll not have my OS tell me what I will or won't be doing.

There is a reason China and Russia straight up banned Win 10.
>>
>>52132395
I'm also interested in testing out hardware passthrough, because games are the primary thing keeping me from full time linux use.

Where do I look for information on how to set it up? It seemed like in the current implementation it only worked with certain graphics cards, and I couldn't figure out if my 290 was one of them or not.
>>
I refuse to update simply because it won't stop asking me to.

I may have done it already if they weren't so annoying about it.
>>
>>52133408
It's an Xorg issue apparently, not Nvidia issue.

According to Nvidia that is.
>>
and the fucked up part is they charge you 100$ to have a botnet installed in your pc
>>
>>52133559
Xubuntu

>>52133568
I have been using Linux alongside Windows for several years to see how it feels like. The full migration to Linux as a main was recent when I was satisfied with my testing.
>>
>>52133492
You sound like someone who is disoriented and has no purpose in life.
>>
>>52133761
I fucked your bitch and mom.
>>
>>52133777
I stand corrected. Also checked.
>>
Linux has come a long way and if you can get a distro that works 100% without having something retarded being broken it's great. There are still programs I use in windows but I can do most of my web and basic shit in Linux. The downside is if you have to troubleshoot issues for hours or days at a time it really just sucks away bits of your soul a piece at a time. Fortunately the OS is much better than it was years ago (in my experience).
>>
>>52133808
>There are still programs I use in windows but I can do most of my web and basic shit in Linux
Sorry anon, but that really isn't coming a long way
>>
>>52132204
>Defenestrate your computer by installing GNU/Linux in place of Windows.
in other words, just put a band-aid on that festering, infected wound and ignore it by using shitty software you don't like instead of fighting it
>>
>>52133826
Yeah probably not, but from what linux was in the early 2000s when I was first using it... god damn it's so much better now. That's what I mean by it coming a long way.
>>
>>52133808
even real UNIX systems are usable on the desktop now, why do people continue to perpetuate this shitty meme?
>>
>>52133808
linux is fundamentally flawed because developers dont want to waste time/money to develop applications/games for a few neckbeards.

when linux can run games/apps like windows 7 can without going to shit ill use it, until then you got to stay with botnet company.
>>
>>52133834
True that. Give it another decade and it might evolve into a real all-purpose OS.
>>
>>52133826
M$ deliberately blocked the installation of Office 365 on Linux. They knew it would end the need for Windows altogether. The M$ website doesn't allow you to even download the installer file if you are not on Windows.

Doesn't matter though, I have spent some time learning LibreOffice 5, I can get my work done either way.
>>
>>52133837
I didn't say it wasn't usable on the desktop I simply said if you have some hardware that doesn't work right it's a nightmare.
>>
>>52133859
If this is true, why are they making Office for OSX, their current main competitor?
>>
>>52133909
They have been releasing Office for OSX since the 90's. For some reason they snub Linux completely.
>>
>>52133923
Exactly. And they're still supporting it. In fact, Office 2016 came to OSX before Windows.

OSX is quickly becoming a thread to Windows on the consumer market, especially among students who use Office.

They're already well on their way, and we all know the pooloo CEO actually likes Linux, so I don't see why they don't just port the latest version to Linux. The interest is there, but a lot of people don't use it because they need Office for work. LibreOffice works okay, but it doesn't play well on collaboration projects.
>>
>>52132204
See, you could post actual issues with Windows 10 that are just fucking scary, like:
http://tech.slashdot.org/story/15/12/29/0212222/microsoft-has-your-encryption-key-if-you-use-windows-10
Yet you choose to post imaginary bullshit, causing people to laugh at you and disregard you as a crazy fuck. Do your homework before posting these threads, you false-flagging piece of shit.
>>
>>52132715
MS explains clearly how telemetry works:
https://technet.microsoft.com/library/mt577208%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#BKMK_MoreUTC
It collects a whole lot of stuff and it cannot be disabled.
>>
>>52132296
Kubuntu 14.04 (because KDE4.13)
and
>>> Xubuntu<<< (because simpler and rock stable unlike KDE5.x)
>>
>>52134097
And did you actually read it?
If you are not an insider it won't collect any information about what you keep on your PC. Read it before you shitpost anything. I hate all of your conspiracy theories about botnets everything go to /x/ if you want to talk also about lizardmen or chemtrails...
>>
>>52132204
At least Microsoft is being transparent about it.
>>
>>52135554
kill you're self
>>
>>52135641
*your
>>
>>52132204
Hello Stallman
>>
/r/ing a better, complete infographic about win10.
I only know about two, bad shooped ones.
>>
File: 1436868289688.png (45 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436868289688.png
45 KB, 1920x1080
>>52132204
Made this wallpaper. Enjoy.
>>
File: Typical_Microsoft_Shill.jpg (78 KB, 600x520) Image search: [Google]
Typical_Microsoft_Shill.jpg
78 KB, 600x520
>>52132316

Do you take holidays?
>>
File: 1419990840874.jpg (1 MB, 1271x5437) Image search: [Google]
1419990840874.jpg
1 MB, 1271x5437
>>52135708
>>
File: tfs.jpg (13 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
tfs.jpg
13 KB, 259x194
>>52132204
>Windows 10 is malware

Tinfoil Hat Syndrome
>>
>>52135785
nigger that "operating system" even sends screenshots back to microsoft every time you install a program, but enjoy keeping your eyes and ears closed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQyapjh5w3U
>>
File: telemetry.png (50 KB, 947x748) Image search: [Google]
telemetry.png
50 KB, 947x748
>>52135554
Yes I did. Did YOU read it you faggot shill?

>details of all software and hardware, of browser addons, your fucking IMEI number, details of "files which have been blocked from usage"...
>>
>good system with a backdoor
>bad system with no backdoor
i would rather choose the good system with a backdoor
>>
>>52132459
1 10 100
>>
>>52135774
It's even worse, anon.
If you set telemetry to 0 ("disabled") in Enterprise it just sets it to a lower level, it doesn't disable it.
See:
https://technet.microsoft.com/library/mt577208%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#BKMK_MoreUTC
>>
File: 5435234287989054323.jpg (114 KB, 1056x545) Image search: [Google]
5435234287989054323.jpg
114 KB, 1056x545
>>52135876

>implying somebody gives a shit about your decisions

cheap shill, try harder
>>
>>52135915
>shill because i want to do something besides changing my font color
ayy
>>
GLORIOUS AMERICA
>>52135771
FREEDOM

all american software is malware desu
>>
The amount of time Linux users spend getting mad and spreading lies and FUD about Windows is truly amazing.

I mean you guys even have steam now, are all the Linux games so shit that you're still left with nothing to do but be mad about other peoples operating systems on obscure forums and japanese trading card forums?
>>
Most winfags only install windows because everyone does it, and what everyone does, can't be bad.
>>
>>52135976
>if you don't like malware/Windows 10 you're a Linux user
>>
OP is a faggot, posting pasta with broken links
>>
>>52135976
>thinking american software developers aren't all scam artists selling botnet malware
it's like you haven't read the news for the last 5 years
>>
>>52136004
It's because 4chan is retarded and includes the final sentence-ending dots in the URLs

Typical American botnet software really

Fix it Hiroshima
>>
>>52135976
I never understood why they are always so salty and bitter about other operating systems either.

Windows, OS X and *BSD users seem to be insanely less edgy and more tolerant of other systems and understand that people have personal preferences whilst respecting the fact that they all have their individual use cases.
>>
>>52135976
>are all the Linux games so shit that you're still left with nothing to do but be mad about other peoples operating systems on obscure forums and japanese trading card forums?
that's exactly right
>>
>>52135976
>games
typical 12-year-old windows user

MOOOOOOODS
>>
>>52136082
I'm 25.

Are you implying Linux users are 12? I'd agree with that for sure. Especially with how they cannot stick to their hardcore freedom values as soon as Gabe comes along and gives some them some fat proprietary drm cock to suck on. Steam games will save the Linux desktop, didn't you hear?
>>
>>52132580
Not sure about that. The banks are seriously moving away from proprietary software. At the moment it's the big data platforms and business intelligence systems that are being replaced by open source. It's only a matter of time before someone in the accounts challenges the extortionate leasing they do on their desktops and laptops.
>>
>>52136063
fucking this
only linuxfags are buttmad over every other system
>>
>>52136110
>25
Then why do you play games like a child?
>>
>>52136140
>only children play games
le linux guy with a job detected
>>
>>52136140
The same reason people use GNU/Linux desktop: To piss away their worthless free time.
>>
>>52132580
>learn CLI
Using Linux hasn't required CLI for a decade or so, and even then it was just copy-pasting a few commands into a shell without knowing what you're doing in order to get your wifi card to work
>>
>>52136152
>>52136155
/v/tards coming to /g/ really ruined the board
>>
>>52136155
brutal

but true
>>
>>52136173
true story. neo /g/ made me actually to use filters because I cant stand all the buy advice/graphic cards/speccy threads anymore
>>
>>52136173
i've been like 3 times to /v/
>>
>>52136173
I've never even been to /v/ you stupid little shit.
>>
>>52136264
Too bad, you would fit so well with those /v/irgin faggots.
>>
>>52135554

I have been around long enough to know that any language put in there limiting MS's ability to use possible data will be changed at the moment it is convenient to the company.

Fuck microsoft. ohhmyygod what a piece of shit company. Can't trust them. Use their products as little as possible. Migrate away as fast as possible.

Really no other company is better in the longer term, you/we should all be building and using our own open source / free software internet infrastructure, just like we have done with Linux / gcc / etc all along. The good news is that it is happening.

Let the sheep use the facebooks and microsofts of the world, and laugh in their fucking face when their stupid choices burn them.
>>
>>52136284
Nah, I prefer my virgin faggotry in small doses like fine wine, which is why I'm here with you.
>>
>>52136214
This. All that shit should be banned.

HIRO HIRO HIRO
>>
/g/ logic:
> MS IS EVEN BOTNET DONT RESPECT UR FREEDOM SELLS YOUR DATA HARVESTS YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!!

> DONT FORGET TO BUY GOOGLE NEXUS ANDROIS IS LINUX ::::::::::::^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^))))))))))))))))
>>
>>52136371
>b-but nexus has no backdoors
>what is qualcomm
>>
>>52136371

google android is no better. But you can install CyanogenMod and then not use the google apps and appstore. That's what I've done. No gmail account and quite happy about it.
>>
>>52132204
why would anyone ever want to install an inferior operating system, if you can even call "linux" an operating system.

Linux is dogshit, it's beyond limiting in anything and everything it can do.

'muh fredumz' fuck off ya redneck cunts.
>>
File: 1441151418168.png (31 KB, 804x604) Image search: [Google]
1441151418168.png
31 KB, 804x604
>>52136214
>>
>>52135836
underrated post
>>
Linux is shit. Even basic stuff fucks up. And i cant play muh games.

If you neckbeards really want people to change, you have to give them a alternative that doesnt require them to learn machine babble and lvl 30 virgins spells in order to do basic shit.

fuck linux its never going to be a desktop system for normies, just give up.
>>
>>52135836
>wzor
well this guy i can trust
>>
>>52136529
Typical parrot babble, posted by a faggot who never tried a GNU/Linux distro before.
>>
File: 1435912613418.png (907 B, 357x123) Image search: [Google]
1435912613418.png
907 B, 357x123
>>52136529
You are gay.
>>
File: windows-7-logo.png (95 KB, 537x534) Image search: [Google]
windows-7-logo.png
95 KB, 537x534
>>52132204
← Master Race
>>
>>52136590
>never tried
debian/xubuntu/manjaro/arch/opensuse/slackware tested here
linux is shit
but debian and opensuse are the best of the shit
>>
File: 1432471696335.png (58 KB, 391x296) Image search: [Google]
1432471696335.png
58 KB, 391x296
>>52136619
>implying 7 and 8.1 dont get the botnet via updates
Why are people using spyware as main operating system?
>>
>>52136642
>installing updates on your windows
>>
File: Restore hidden updates.png (113 KB, 1000x732) Image search: [Google]
Restore hidden updates.png
113 KB, 1000x732
>>52136642
hurrr :^)
>>
>>52136655
>not installing botnet updates
>run security holes instead
>>
>>52136661
see
>>52136669
>>
>>52136679
retard. literally retard
>>
At first I thought someone should code a new virus/worm like back in the days to show winfags how fatal the spy mechanism is, but then again winfags only would install Firewall XY and fill tech support forums because they accidently blocked their whole internet access.

I'd say either people learn2 what a computer is and how to use a computer, or they just should stay at Xbox or Playstation.
>>
why people comenting like fuckin faggot but not contribute to linux development
>>
>>52135836
Holy shit
Does win7 send screenshots too? (haven't updated it for like 6 months since it would make my 50kbps connection completely unusable for days)
>>
File: 1444948340547.png (199 KB, 1024x713) Image search: [Google]
1444948340547.png
199 KB, 1024x713
>>52136742
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
>>
>>52133019
i was a external vendor for a few months in the tech link.
what are you? FT?
shit was good, toast and cocacola all day.
>>
>>52133568
Like what?

Seriously there's nothing that Linux can't run except for Adobe CC and games.

And if you play games on a PC you are a manchild.
>>
>>52136661
Anyone who uses Windows in this day and age for anything other than running games and obscure software offline is a fucking moron.

I used Windows for more than a decade because I became complacent and dependent on it. It's a garbage operating system that is pushed through manufacturers to gullible idiots who don't explore other options. I was a gullible idiot at one point.
>>
Linux is botnet
https://media.ccc.de/v/32c3-7174-lifting_the_fog_on_red_star_os#video
>>
>>52137956
at least tell me that you're not using macosx
>>
File: botnet.png (170 KB, 1351x567) Image search: [Google]
botnet.png
170 KB, 1351x567
Anyone else watching the Windows 10 botnet talk today?
>>
>>52138033
> macosx
There is no operating system with that name pal.
>>
>>52138033
Xubuntu
>>
>>52138075

Still time to tune in. The talk has not started yet.

https://streaming.media.ccc.de/32c3/hallg/
>>
>>52138952

https://streaming.media.ccc.de/32c3/hallg/translated/

(ENGLISH)
>>
>>52137956
>Anyone who uses Windows in this day and age for anything other than running games and obscure software offline is a fucking moron.
That means obviously 90% of the working world are morons.
Do you even realize apple uses microsoft to produce their shitty boxes?

Did you ever have a job or are you just crapping on the floor in your basement?
>>
File: fugayfags.png (87 KB, 1021x365) Image search: [Google]
fugayfags.png
87 KB, 1021x365
Im done. Im so fucking done.

I managed to have a whole week without Windows using 100 %

All it took was to disable all system notifications.
https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3h4wjg/windows_10_high_disk_usage_100_ive_seen_a_thread/

But here we are. Fucking fucktard Windows using 100 % once again. You cant see it on the pic but its jumping op and down with "System" using 80-100%

Fuck you. All I want to do is play WoW. Is that so bad? fucking faggots.
>>
>>52139712
bro get that fucking cursed OS off your disk nigga

damn that shit is evil
>>
>>52132355
I use Kubuntu. Any other good stylish Linux platforms.?
>>
File: 6.jpg (193 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
193 KB, 768x1024
>Using Windows
lol
>>
>>52141900
more
>>
>>52139712
Works fine for me :)
>>
>>52142295
ha
>>
>>52139225
>That means obviously 90% of the working world are morons.
And that's how it is.
>>
>>52138075
>>52139031
it's up (didn't watch it yet t.b.h.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imXZqr5t89g
https://media.ccc.de/v/32c3-7291-microsofts_windows_10_botnet#download
>>
>>52135856
>details of hardware
yes they will know everything about you after they get the informations about your camera's resolution
>software
its about windows store apps not about the others
>imei number
its a fking pc
>details of "files which have been blocked from usage"...
again winstore apps and ie, and details about, it will contain that you have a blocked .exe and a size of it

>>52136296
Sorry, atleast you can answer properly
I like Microsoft not for their windows 10 and that botnet thing. I like because they grant a developer environment for me and its good and i have a job where im developing in c# and i have some ms exams too.

Also i like linux too, im using it for developing something like android roms cyanogen etc. but thats all and it doesnt worth it for me to change it to another opensource alternatives.
>>
this is a joke, right?
>>
Everyone on /g/ already knows windows is malware. Anyone saying otherwise is just trolling.
>>
Just install pirate W7...disable updates in registry after you've done SP1..destroy the GWX folders and launcher if you get prompted for W10..and install a third party firewall, antivirus and antimalware..then trucrypt shit if you are super paranoid..

I mean how hard do you think it is..? Why resort to Linux when you know half the shit you want to install or run will be incompatible..
>>
>>52133124
W I N E
I
N
E
>>
>>52132204
Actually, the solution is having an external firewall to block unauthorized data transfers.
>>
>>52136296
That's great for consumers, I suppose.

Enterprise runs Microsoft. Be it Office365 for email, and Mac's for the desktops, Windows and Exchange, or whatever. Microsoft has their fingers in everything.
>>
File: shock.jpg (122 KB, 1278x1181) Image search: [Google]
shock.jpg
122 KB, 1278x1181
>tfw Bill Gates could be looking at my Pepe collection right now
>>
>>52147002
>half
Its honestly more like 1%
Most of the stuff I use is compatible minus photoshop
>>
>>52132204
>Defenestrate
You really shouldn't use words you don't know the meaning of.
>>
>>52132296
Both Ubuntu and mint are good even for beginners. And they have instructions and installations geared toward normal people. You don't even have to install to try it. And you can install it next to Windows (dual boot) and choose either Linux or Windows when you start the computer. Linux can usually see files in Windows, but windows can not usually see files in Linux.
>>
>>52132789
what the fuuuuuck?!
>>
>>52147700
wine has serious issues with adobe creative suites from cs5 to CC sooo nope
>>
>>52133019
hey you, tell the group in charge of the bootups to pull their shit together, i cant hibernate on mine and is a new model, i get that you're trying to do it universal and changing finally from NT but at least deliver something that is stable dammit
>>
>>52132204

>it has an automatic updates option
>like every distro
>back door
>>
>>52148430
What distro can remote install any updates it wants?
>>
>>52148430
kek
more like forced updates aka they can make your computer do whatever they want without your consent
>>
>>52148671
None, because installing shit requires root.
>>
>>52150415
prove that linux doesnt have some sort of root backdoor.

and no, simply stating 'its open source' isnt a valid answer
>>
I just bought a new netbook for class work, trying to disable the telemetry is like hacking the pentagon. Live tiles are awful and there's fucking advertisements in the start menu. Everything about it so far is pissing me off.
>>
>>52150434
I, personally, cannot prove or disprove that.

https://www.debian.org/security/audit/
>>
>>52150434
>its open source
is actually the most valid answer
>>
>>52150658
yeah, just like the bash bug was found so quickly? or heartbleed? or that stupid grub bug?

open source doesn't mean shit, and no one here could audit anything themself
>>
THE GNU RISES
>>
>>52150682
All of those were patched within 24h of being discovered. M$ takes days, sometimes weeks to patch vulnerabilities.
>>
>>52132204
I thought we were done with this tinfoil. It's been ages since windows 10 came out. Just install Linux. Anyone who hasn't yet, won't, and you just begin to sound like the boy who cried wolf.
>>
File: 1446068607570.jpg (10 KB, 225x255) Image search: [Google]
1446068607570.jpg
10 KB, 225x255
>>52136619
>THIS MICROSOFT BOTNET IS BETTER THAN THAT OTHER MICROSOFT BOTNET!!

You faggots are the absolute worst posters on this board.
>>
File: 1390602689736.jpg (21 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1390602689736.jpg
21 KB, 500x282
Memes aside, Is the enterprise version of W10 fine? I'm tired of looking at this ugly Aero bullshit on W7 and Linux isn't an option.
>>
>>52150707
'discovered', and yet something like the bash bug went decades before that. the best part is, people could have been exploiting it and no one would have known.
>>
>>52150864
If you want to be a normie, get a better job and buy a mac. If you like computers, install gentoo, if you like games, buy a console. Now fuck off.
>>
>>52151067
>buy a console
Already have one. I prefer PC. Don't sperg out because someone doesn't want to use your OS of choice.
>>
What about Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSB x64?
>>
>>52150864
I'm installing Enterprise now on a new laptop (no drivers for Win7 and apparently if you try to cobble them together anyway there's no way to get the trackpad working). Will let you know.
>>
>>52150682
taking the bait

>bash bug
shellshock was not a bug, "discovered" only since normies started using linux and copy pasted commands from random websites and wondered that stuff happened

>heartbleed
implying an open ssl bug affected only gnu/linux

>grub bug
literally the most retarded example and proof you dont know what you are talking about

>open source doesn't mean shit, and no one here could audit anything themself

unlike closed obscure exe files and spying operating systems, the people who program stuff for linux actually do it because they enjoy it instead of making money and collecting userdata to make even more money
furthermore, a "backdoor" means that someone has access to someones computer and the control to do anything with it, this is literally the happening at windows 10: you switch an option off, microsoft turns it back on, microsoft gets screenshots from your desktop, microsft uploads GIGABYTES of stuff to your computer, microsoft makes money with your data
>>
>>52151193
Counterpoint: the guy in charge of one of the more popular linux branches just killed himself, likely due to the NSA (Debian had major crypto issues that incompetence doesn't explain). Your security is an illusion
>>
>2015+1
>not using best windows because muh tinfoil
top kek
>>
and then there are these people who say
>not turning off your updates
like opening all doors for malware is better than being spyed on

why people cant use their brain and uninstall windows
>>
>>52132459
then we need MORE SPEECHES!
>>
>>52151247
I just got a laptop with Win10. I don't know what the fuck is up with the text scaling on this thing but it's absurdly bad
>>
>Windows 11
>be a fat fuck
>hunry
>order burgers from burger king right from the start menu
soon
>>
>>52151338
more like
>be a fat fuck
>every two minutes there's a popup asking you if you want some burgers yet
>it cannot be disabled
>monthly updates change it between McDonalds and Burger King
>>
>>52151352
>additional popup from amazon, asking if you like to download a death metal album by Bürger Krieg $0,99
>>
>>52151389
>Windows 11
>be a pedophile
>horny
>open the new Edge file manager
>accidently hit the facebook like button for 9yearOldBlowsDaddy1080p.mkv
>>
>>52151440
>implying the cops wouldn't already have been alerted by cortana
>>
File: windoze-9.jpg (47 KB, 1152x768) Image search: [Google]
windoze-9.jpg
47 KB, 1152x768
>>52132204
>Windows 10 is malware.
... that's why I'm sticking with Windoze 9.
>>
File: PANIC.jpg (19 KB, 420x279) Image search: [Google]
PANIC.jpg
19 KB, 420x279
>>52132204
>>
File: 1439203085369.jpg (12 KB, 315x268) Image search: [Google]
1439203085369.jpg
12 KB, 315x268
>>52151440
>additional popup
>>
So is Windows 10 good yet?
>>
Just wait until someone puts on a torrent site a altered custom version of windows 10 or get one of those programs that locks down your OS from all the faggotry
>>
File: PANICPANICPANIC.jpg (19 KB, 420x279) Image search: [Google]
PANICPANICPANIC.jpg
19 KB, 420x279
>>52151593
>>
>>52148395
You can file a bug. I'm not part of OSG anymore, so I can't.

Edit - On second thought, have you checked your BIOS / UEFI settings?
>>
>>52150707
Regression, breakage, mitigation. Do these words mean anything to you?

Out of band patches get tested. It's a trial by fire. Test systems get first, then say an O365 pod. Then an O365 or Azure partition. Then say Redmond, and out to the rest of corp, then all the things.

A patch to fix, say, the RDP issue a few years ago, was out of band. It took 27 hours longer than expected because there was a regression in the build which broke secure auth with NTLM.

Fuck, even Linus has torn into people for stupid regression bugs like that...
>>
>>52151193
>implying an open ssl bug affected only gnu/linux
EMC got hit HARD by this. The AX4's and older CX units especially. No real report, because anyone that connects a SAN directly to the internet deserves what they get, but last I checked they were still working on a patch for these units.
>>
So I just got done setting up Win10 Enterprise for once. There's an absurd amount of shit to do to get this thing running in what I would call a proper and MAYBE secure manner, but once you do you should be good. I pity anyone without Enterprise though - you can't disable shit.
>>
>>52152061
Group policy for $800, Alex...
>>
>>52152089
Reading the enterprise GPO descriptions, most of the Pro GPOs actually are running under other values regardless of what you set it to. For instance, setting it to 0 for telemetry on Pro actually makes it behave as if you chose 1. You've been placebo'd
>>
>>52152181
Pull down the Windows 10 ADMX files for AD 2012, get your info from there...
>>
I've been using linux for over a year on all my computers.
Linux desktop, linux laptop and linux server.

It's just the best operating system for a programmer.

The only program I use to work is the command line. That and Firefox.

The command line interface is king, and for shmoozing there's beautiful GUIs, like the gnome desktop environment that comes with mint.

If you're a programmer just drop windows.
>>
Does the education edition of W10 function the same way the enterprise edition does?
>>
File: 1450126792523.png (295 KB, 861x3767) Image search: [Google]
1450126792523.png
295 KB, 861x3767
>>52152798
>>52152061
Both enterprise and education still spy on you with undisablable telemetry.
>>
>>52153015
correct, although if you set the registry key to disable MSRT reporting and windows defender reporting what it sends back is minimal. You can also disable the telemetry service itself.
>>
>Windows 10 is malware

what if I'm okey with sending some k's of data to microsoft so they improve my experience? would it still be malware?
>>
>>52147966
this
>>
>>52151162
it doesnt have COLORED TITLE BARS and never will
>>
>>52136239
>admitting usage of /v/
certified /v/anker
>>
File: 1451534776410.jpg (430 KB, 2064x1548) Image search: [Google]
1451534776410.jpg
430 KB, 2064x1548
It´s evolving
>>
>>52132204
>every link 404s
Just me ?
>>
But then how can I play my vidya.
>inb4 grow up
>>
>>52132204
TAKE THE POO TO THE LOO
>>
>>52133055
Trump will make America great again.
>>
>>52135932
MERICA will prevail. Get on board or get run over.
>>
Does Linux run videogames?
>>
>>52132204
>This means it could remotely install code to decrypt parts of your disk and send the data to Microsoft.

I want what your smoking. I don't use shitty encryption.
>>
>>52132789
This was proven to be a ruse ages ago.
Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.