[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GTX 950 or R9 380? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1451354787_aeaeae.png (579 KB, 800x801) Image search: [Google]
1451354787_aeaeae.png
579 KB, 800x801
GTX 950 or R9 380? Why?
>>
>>52131141
read the sticky
>>
If you're set on getting the 950 then get the 950 'FTW' version from EVGA. It performs a little better than the 950, and is supposed to be a middle ground between the 950 and the 960
>>
>>52131141
960 is a tiny bit more powerful than the 380, and has extra nvidia features in some games like in batman arkham knight: interactive smoke and interactive particles on the ground like scattered dollar bills.
>>
Temperature and energy consumption?
>>
>>52131426

wtf? 960 gets beat by the 380 in 3/4 of games. it's retarded to get the 960 unless there's a large price disparity.

second of all the 950 gets DESTROYED by the 380. 950 vs. 380 is a no brainer.
>>
>>52131490
Maybe he meant the 370 instead of the 380? Those are more comparable.
>>
The winner is R9 280X because have a nice performance ingame and low temperatures... But the energy consumption are very high... ok... I wI'l buy the R9...
>>
>>52132074

>very high

No it fucking isn't. 20-30 watts higher than a 770 does not equal very high.

My siblings are running an i3 with a 7970, the exact same GPU as the 280x, on a 400w with zero issues whatsoever and have been for weeks now.
>>
Nvididots and ayyyymd shills.
>Not using an organic potatoe process your graphics
>>
>>52132430
280X's after the first few months actually use a different revision of chip and a different PCB. Uses a bit less power. The first few months they just rebranded their old 7970 Ghz stock.

We're talking 10 watts off the peak here, so not a big change, but still.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.