[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC-BSD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: PC-BSD_logo.png (7 KB, 1024x204) Image search: [Google]
PC-BSD_logo.png
7 KB, 1024x204
Who PC-BSD here?

Will it bring BSD to the desktop?
>>
>>52128816
GAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
Hey anon. Just use it a few weeks, then forget about it and just use FreeBSD. You'll see FreeBSD is so much better without all that extra bs.
>>
>>52130570
FreeBSD is interesting but no x server installed by default is spooky
>>
>>52128816
>like there's any point in halfassing like that when I wanna learn programming, and ffs, I was a ricer before /g/ was the tech board (I was gonna show proof to torture them, but the proof got lost in a move)

(installing the other BSDs is easy, the only reason I haven't experimented with them much yet, is due to things not going as expected in my real life, but, I'm now completely sure, I wont continue to have a problem with the (various, and apparently with absolutely no causal relation to this) things which were stalling me)

>more challenging will be writing a game engine as a practice project while learning programming (this is gonna be fun (for me, my enemies will cut themselves and shit while I'm not around for them to write abusive things to now that they became psychologically dependent on doing so, tho))

Apparently, the thing I do that will truly torture my enemies is something I have yet to do.
>>
>>52131757
>(installing the other BSDs is easy, the only reason I haven't experimented with them much yet, is due to things not going as expected in my real life, but, I'm now completely sure, I wont continue to have a problem with the (various, and apparently with absolutely no causal relation to this) things which were stalling me)
nobody here gives a shit
>>
>>52131783
I believe you. (somewhere, there are people who might cut themselves and shit, idgaf if they live or die because they've demonstrated nothing to me except their ability to get psychotically mad over things not worth being so mad about, and therefore their emotional instability and highly questionable sanity (yes, people who are more insane than me actually exist, and have special access to the network, idk who they are (NSA? ...a corporate entity...?), but they have convinced me it's literally their worst nightmare if I actually write a game engine, since they've been well beyond mad at that))
>>
File: morning hate tier.png (779 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
morning hate tier.png
779 KB, 1280x720
>by writing a game engine..
>I'll have done the equivalent of killing their family and shooting their dog (o.. kay.)
>mfw GREAT, IDGAF ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS, IF IT'S THEM OR ME, I'M GONNA MERCILESSLY DESROY THEM
>>
>anyways, do the BSD devs have special access to the network? [NO. <incidentally, their enemies do, there's a hilarious off chance of that but it'd more likely be psyops or the NSA or some shit like that, except, it doesn't seem to serve a purpose of practical value to anyone>]

If you're gonna have a BSD thread, at least don't post the noob/lazyasswhocanamounttonothinganyways one.

>mfw someone's mad at me at 'YOU MURDERED MY FAMILY' levels of mad (but I haven't ever killed anyone, what's their problem?)
>for every thing I do, ever, ever, ever
>and for existing (omg, I committed the terrible crime of being born.. fuck you, whoever you are, if you're reading it)

Sorry if people thought I meant to troll BSD beyond simply jesting a bit before maybe-suicide (not gonna kill myself, the conditions under which I would have not been met). (it's 4chan and psyops/whatever combined that I was trolling)
>>
>>52128816
I used to use it and it was pretty good, but I had trouble getting my VPN to work. It was a real pain in the ass and I never managed to get it working properly... might be easier now since this was years ago.
>>
OFTB crashes ans instaling anything is imposible becouse some broken dependences
Fuck you
>>
>>52131944
WTF is OFTB? (all I can find, is a hiphop band when I search for it)
>>
>google it crashing
>so, some version of thunderbird (email client)?

Still, PC-BSD is definitely worst BSD.
>>
>BSD
>desktops

Literally why. It's hard enough to even justify it as a server OS.
>>
File: waiting skeleton.jpg (21 KB, 259x286) Image search: [Google]
waiting skeleton.jpg
21 KB, 259x286
>Year of the BSD desktop
>>
>>52128816
OS X brought BSD to the desktop.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.