[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> almost 2016 > he's still using dedicated graphics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: aww.jpg (365 KB, 2578x1566) Image search: [Google]
aww.jpg
365 KB, 2578x1566
> almost 2016
> he's still using dedicated graphics meme
> not using the high end Iris graphics by Intel
> not playing GTA IV with all settings on normal for 0.0000001% of the energy spent by dedicated meme graphics

If you pay for dedicated graphics, you should literally get perma banned from /g/ and stay on /v/.
>>
Give me a reason on why should I care about anything you just said.
>>
> video related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG9mYnvU_yI
>>
Skylake HD530 runs my meme blizzard games at 60fps, not really feeling a need to add the GPU I intended to buy next year.
>>
>>52126866
>75x increase of fucking nothing
>4rth
>using multipliers instead of actual units of CPU performance
>>
>>52126895
>Resolution is at 1280x720. Other graphics settings are all kept at Normal, except that AAs are disabled.
Kek
>>
>>52126866
>power graphics card is only for gaymen
>implying shittel graphics can upscale to 4k with NNEDI3 with 32 neurons
Get good cück
>>
>>52126972
>4k with NNEDI3 with 32 neurons
that's full autism
>>
>not playing GTA IV with all settings on normal

Why not just play it on a console then?
>>
With DX12 you can mix different GPUs, so you can just combine your integrated GPU with a discrete card.
>>
>>52126987
4u
>>
>>52127000
Because I already have a PC for work stuff. So don't need to shell out for a console or graphics card if I just want to play the game.
>>
>>52127009
No m8, using the igpu slows the cpu down, which would likely make it bottleneck the dgpu.
>>
File: Confused_cat.jpg (51 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
Confused_cat.jpg
51 KB, 400x323
>75x increase
>Its barely catching up to some low end AMD APU
>>
>>52128080
Skylake IGP outperforms all AMD APUs in the majority of games.
>>
>>52129744
Its due to the edram they added isnt it?

The same tech is used in conjunction with amd's gpu in xbox one I think.
>>
>>52129744
>Skylake IGP outperforms all AMD APUs in the majority of games.

You mean that one single SKU that costs twice as any AMD APU and has dedicated edram in it?
>>
>>52129800
Nah even the standard HD530 beats them now, the edram models are much better than APUs.
>>
>>52126866
>> not playing GTA IV with all settings on normal
It's fucking nothing.
>>
>>52129834
That cost is so totally worth the 3fps increase
Thanks, Intel
>>
>>52129950
>i3 6100 costs less than A10 7870
>annihilates it in CPU performance
>matches GPU performance

APUs are officially dead.
>>
>>52126866

HD530 will do well in most of the shit /v/ actually plays, no need to get a dedicated GPU. It's one way to save loads of money.
>>
>>52126895
>>52126866
wow, so basically it has the performance of a graphics card from 2010, impressive!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.