[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>database of all American voters leaked >contains the following:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: 1451402547325.jpg (42 KB, 625x566) Image search: [Google]
1451402547325.jpg
42 KB, 625x566
>database of all American voters leaked
>contains the following:
>Full name (first, middle, last), Residential address, Mailing address, A unique voter ID, State voter ID, Gender, Date of birth, Date of registration, Phone number, Political affiliation, A detailed voting history since 2000

I thought voting was supposed to be anonymous. Here in Sweden you get an anonymized ID you show while voting, then it is stripped off and the ballot itself has zero identifying information.

What sort of third world system would allow voters to be traced?
>>
>>52121931
The exact information probably varies by state but I would be extremely surprised to see any voting history. History of registration with a particular political party, yes, but not actual votes. Registration to a party is required to vote in the primaries to nominate the candidate for a given party. Actual votes are done by verifying the voter at the polling place, they are then given a blank ballot or directed to a machine and allowed to vote only once an a ballot without their information.
>>
It'll be interesting to see if the numbers match up with the elections, if people find discrepancies in their voting history, dead people voting, etc etc

Our system is 100% rigged
>>
>>52121931
Time for all the Republicans to get fired from their jobs just like Eich.
>>
>>52121985
>Our system is 100% rigged
At least you still have your guns! You'll need them, when shit finally hits the fan.
>>
>>52121990
>doesn't realize the dems were the ones pushing CISA
>>
>>52121931
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3376562/Database-191-mln-U-S-voters-exposed-Internet-researcher.html

Holy fucking shit. How is voting not anonymous in Merrifartica? HOW THE FUCK IS IT NOT ANONYMOUS.
>>
>>52121931
>no source
>guaranteed replies
>>
>>52122022
It is anonymous.

What would be part of a state database is if you registered a party affiliation (democrat, republican, independent, etc.), and whether or not you voted in an election. But there is no link between the ballot (and who was voted for on said ballot) and a particular voter. This is to prevent voter intimidation and the sale of votes.
>>
>>52121931
It's definitely a bit leak, and it's frustrating that people aren't taking this very seriously, but it (thankfully) doesn't show any voter history, only personal information. The most damning thing would be how easy it is to gain access to real, credible information. The phone numbers and addresses in the database are very likely to be accurate, as you need to give real information when you register.

I wouldn't say that it's damning for your party affiliations to leak, but it's definitely frustrating, and it's indicative of a big problem in government; they don't take security seriously when it comes to information like this.
>>
>>52122022
Is there a non-dailymail source for this?

>>52122003
Lol, for protection from what? Our military and militarized police will drop anyone who tries anything. You can't stop random attacks but if anyone tries to invade/secede/etc they will be stomped into the ground

We just like shooting watermelons and shit bruh
>>
>>52122022
You have to register to vote. The database doesn't contain who they voted for, just superficial party affiliation.
>>
>>52122094
http://www.databreaches.net/191-million-voters-personal-info-exposed-by-misconfigured-database/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2015/12/29/massive-database-of-over-190-million-registered-voters-information-leaked-online/
>>
>only voted in 2008
>wrote-in Batman and Moot with WT Snacks for Secretary of Education or whatever
>last recorded address is at least 7 years and 3 houses ago

yeah my information is real sensitive
>>
>he had uncovered the database with 191,337,174 million Americans' voter information exposed
Kek. Quality journalism.
>>
>land of the free
>>
Shit. Right well that's a lost cause now, gotta start mining elsewhere.
>>
>registered independent
>never voted
>don't live anywhere near where I registered
good thing I'm a dumb, disinterested NEET who only registered on a whim

I'm glad this happened. maybe now faggot normies will think twice about "muh nothing to hide!" and accepting the botnet
>>
LOL "Democracy"
>>
I guess we'll finally got to see who really won the election back in 2000.

Thank god it wasn't Gore anyway.
>>
>>52122065
>>no source
http://news.yahoo.com/database-191-million-u-voters-exposed-internet-researcher-002211793.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-voters-breach-idUSKBN0UB1E020151229
>>
>>52122452
>I guess we'll finally got to see who really won the election back in 2000.
Gore won in 2000.It's been known for a while.
>>
>>52122930
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_election_recount#Media_Recounts
Gore only would have won if hanging chads were completely ignored and only fully punched chads were counted.

The bigger problem is that chads are a fucking load of shit. E-voting allows quicker tabulation. When combined with a technology where a hard copy generates the digital record (e.g. optical scan voting machines) and you get the quick electronic tally while having the opportunity to test on a second machine (for consistency) or count by hand, you get something that is far easier to vote on while providing strong deterrents to tampering/fraud.
>>
>>52123404
>>>/r9k/
>>
So who has a torrent link for this database?
>>
Its all stuff you can find on anyone with social media accounts. And seeing who someone is registered under doesn't mean they voted for that candidate so it's a bunch of useless info.
>>
>>52123673
This. I want to look through it
>>
>>52121931
Good thing I never registered to vote because I didn't like Obama or McCain. Really feel like I let ol Mitt down though.
>>
>>52122094
Your retard military can't even beat goat fucking farmers in the middle east. American military is not designed for guerilla warfare. Also are you talking about the same military who gets ptsd from name calling kek? Hilarious.
>>
>>52122094
Watermelons eh? Son, I bet you'd kill for some KFC right about now, isn't that right homie?
>>
>>52122094
I think you are underestimating how many soldiers would not be okay with shooting American citizens. Most soldiers tend to like guns too (shocking) so they would not be okay with shooting Americans who refuse to give them up.

I'm way more scared of big government liberals and progressives doing everything in their power to undermine the entire point of a limited government and make the federal government stronger than ever. The way I see it the corporations and thin-skinned nanny-staters want the government to grow to such a level where they can take out any opposition to their power through completely legal means, no military coup needed just tell the people that you are a bad person for not wanting a totalitarian government. You already have the government stripping away freedom of speech and religion like with the gay cake bakery incident.

I don't want to live in an America where everything is surrounded by a hundred regulations and you can be heavily fined or arresting for breaking any of these. I also want to install Gentoo but I never take the time to learn how.
>>
>>52124841
>I think you are underestimating how many soldiers would not be okay with shooting American citizens.
I think you lack a basic understanding of US military history. They've deliberately killed more American civilians than any other organization in history. For fucks sakes they'll even attack fellow veterans, and when ordered by the President to stop, refuse that order and continue on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army
>>
>>52122094

The police state is not kept with fighter jets and tanks, it is the police force.

Guns in the hands of the citizens mean they are much less effective at oppression.
>>
>>52121931
Its not possible for your voting history to be linked with your personal information because all you do is show your Id when you get to the polls. Then go to a booth. They have no way of knowing ahead of time which of the like 8 booths you'll end up in so they would have no way of knowing which vote came from which person
>>
I thought you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide?
At least that's the rationale used by Microsoft Windows users.
>>
Where can I get a dump?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.