[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chrome or Firefox and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: .png (129 KB, 640x339) Image search: [Google]
.png
129 KB, 640x339
Chrome or Firefox and why?
>>
>>52119195
>google
Enjoy your botnet.
>>
>>52119195
None. Cyberfox.
Firefox is dying.
Chrome is literally botnet.

There's better browsers than chrome and FF.
>>
>>52119234
What is so good about Cyberfox?

Can you explain this botnet meme to me? I don't understand how people think they are being tracked more through using Chrome than any other browser...
>>
>>52119256
>Can you explain this botnet meme to me?
no you newfag, fuck off
>>
whichever the FUCK you want you shitty shit
>>
>>52119274
translation: i have no idea
>>
Microsoft Edge desu baka senpai
>>
>>52119256
If you are new, you should lurk a bit and read.
If you are trying to ask which browser to use in a discrete way, I'd say some firefox fork, palemoon doesn't support some addons and Cyberfox supports most if not all.
Read the wiki.
>>
>>52119336
>no extensions
it's useless in it's current state
>>
Iceweasel
>>
>>52119195
firefox because customization and no google botnet
>>
>>52119315
It's just retards repeating what they read in other threads.
>>
>>52119350
Soon (TM)
>>
>>52119195
If you have nothing to hide, Chrome.
>>
>>52119315
Not him, but you really have to be new here, if you don't know. And besides, you should be able to put 2 and 2 together.

But the quick version goes like this: Google is an advertising company. They are in business of selling their users' data. The better they know you, the better they can target you with advertising, thus making even more money. Every single service that they provide is created with the main purpose of data collection in mind. They even scan all of your e-mails for keywords, for fucks sake. The data is stored on their servers under your unique ID and name. It is never deleted. Info gets added daily, if you use their services. They know where you live, they know where you work, they know your family and friends, etc., etc., etc., etc.

They are also deeply in bed with the NSA, who have their own unrestricted access to Google's database (as per Snowden), but that's a whole other can of worms.

If you use any Google services, consider yourself Google's bitch.

Finally "botnet" is a just a label that is tossed around for shits and giggles. What "botnet" really means in this case is "spyware", which is what all of Google's apps and services are.

Welcome to 4chan, newfriend. It is now your turn to say: "Why do I care? I have nothing to hide!!"

:^)
>>
>>52119336
can u even get this to play webms on 4chan?
>>
>>52119450
Why should I care? I'm don't have autism.
>>
>>52119195
Yandex Browser
>>
Firefox.
Chrome does not have a build for armv7h
>>
I have an older computer and when using Firefox nearly every single website with a video on it would lag and sometimes freeze but with Chrome everything runs beautifully.
>>
>>52119195
chrome
>>
File: vivaldi.jpg (211 KB, 1280x770) Image search: [Google]
vivaldi.jpg
211 KB, 1280x770
So I've been giving Vivaldi a try, since some autists shilled that over here. It's better than chromium imho, but there are still some issues, which needs to be fixed.
UI Stability( freezed couple of times), Additional Customization (scrollbars for instance) to name a few.
Pic related.
>>
>>52119688
If they open source it one day, I will give it an honest go. Until then I have to wonder what they are hiding.
>>
>>52119594
then install it and fuck off
>>
File: vivaldi-extensions.jpg (100 KB, 1280x770) Image search: [Google]
vivaldi-extensions.jpg
100 KB, 1280x770
>>52119734
I doubt it happening anytime soon. They will want to keep their code proprietary, to ensure there's only one.
Hopefully they'll release stable version soon, because it's still in beta. Looking at things the way they are, I'll still give it few months. Just look at this extensions page, it's nowhere in sync with dark theme I applied.
>>
What about chromium and palemoon?
>>
>>52119688
>no address bar
how do you search for shit?
>>
>>52119256
The botnet meme originates from children who have no idea what a botnet actually is.

Do botnets perform data aggregation? Yes, but that's a very, very minor function. Their primary functionality is to provide distributed computation power for uses like denial of service attacks, brute-forcing passwords and encryption, and so on.

Does Chrome aggregate search data if you explicitly allow it to? Yes. Does it do any other function of a botnet? No. Therefore it is NOT a botnet.
>>
>>52119195
Conkeror, because Emacs keybindings.
>>
File: 1235349378137.gif (229 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
1235349378137.gif
229 KB, 650x450
>>52119688
vivaldi is the love of my life. for so many years I've been using Opera 12, now I can finally have fast chrome browser with Opera features. This is what new Opera should've been, instead of the garbage they've got now.

It's still in beta and the bugs are noticeable. they don't break the browser, though.

tfw I can place the tab and address bar at the bottom right out the box.
>>
>>52119195
Chrome, it's faster and not wetting itself with memories.

FF is just chrome with another gui
>BEHOLD: botnet
>>
>>52119688
>>52119864
The problem with Vivaldi is that it feels like a demo version still, it has nothing but basic functions and some of them are still broken (middle-clicking one pixel under a tab name opens the preview on all tabs, for example).
But so far, performs better than firecucks.
>>
>>52120202
Fuck off shill
>>
>>52120202
>Therefore it is NOT a botnet.
Son, everyone knows that it's not literally a "botnet". It's a meme word used to package all of Google's data collection and privacy violation activities into a neat, little package called "botnet".

Please pay attention.
>>
>>52120306
how do I do that? I wanted to customize UI, but didn't find any option.
>>
>>52120065
The visibility can be toggled, I've assigned it a shortcut key. That way I gain more vertical space on my 12" chinkpad .
>>
>>52120376
>performs better than firecucks.
That it certainly does.
Launching takes bit longer though.
>>
Both Chrome and Firefox have equally shit performance.
Moving on:

- If you want Chrome, go Chrome. You'll get a retarded bookmark system, Google pestering you to sync everything and create accounts and put everything on cloud, and will be barred from many addons and features power-users like because Google doesn't like products that improve their services which are not made by them.
However in turn you will get a simple browser that works.

- If you want Firefox, go PaleMoon or IceCat and pester the devs to pick up their shit.
Why? Because Firefox now is an inferior version of Chrome, whereas the original Firefox philosophy allowed you to have an independent experience with the browser without requiring accounts, syncing, and Firefox a year or two ago had a lot of by default features, customization, and addons, that it is now getting rid off in order to become an inferior Chrome.
>>
>>52120450
It's in settings. alt+P shortcut, or click on the V icon in the window, or the cog icon in the panel

Appearance and Tabs sections have the options to move the bars around. It's not as crazy as Opera's bar costumization, but it does the trick
>>
File: fedora.jpg (21 KB, 750x566) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
21 KB, 750x566
>>52119195
Depends on the activity.
Chrome: localhost and (best) dev tools.
Firefox: everything else

Google (Chrome) is adversarial in nature and seeks to extract as much value from people as possible. The only sensible thing is to respond in kind.
>>
File: address bar.jpg (51 KB, 1280x187) Image search: [Google]
address bar.jpg
51 KB, 1280x187
>>52120566
Aah, got it.
By any chance, do you know what these buttons are for?
>>
>>52120849
Looks like it would be for First Page/Last Page accessed.
>>
>>52120849
>>52120871
yeah, they call it Rewind and FastForward
I disabled it on my browser, I never really used it
>>
>>52120912
Have you tried it? The rewind takes back one page, but the forward just "scrolls down" a page??
What kind of logic is this?
>>
Microsoft Edge
>>
>>52120974
lel :^)
>>
>>52120957
it's supposed to take you to the next page
It works when there's a link titled Next or Next Page, it'll take you to it
>>
File: 500px-Iceweasel_icon.svg.png (155 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
500px-Iceweasel_icon.svg.png
155 KB, 500x500
>>
how botnet is chromium compared to modern firefox and chrome guise?
>>
>>52119602
>Yandex
>>
>>52123270
>bROWSER
>>
>>52119450
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>52119231
>not knowing what chromium is
kek
>>
>>52119195
GNU icecat

/Thread
>>
>>52119195
Opera
>>
>>52119195
CHROME. Google is a bonnet but Firefox has just gone down hill plus mozilla is run by cuckolds. Google is run by jews.

Jews > cuckolds.
>>
>>52120202
This, notice how the two morons told the other poster to read instead of explaining how it's a botnet. They don't even know how it's a botnet. Just two idiots trying to fit in.
>>
>>52120404
Botnet is already a fucking word with a meaning you idiot. It's not his fault you morons use it wrong and then make up new definitions to excuse it. Just eat a bullet.
>>
>>52119450
In the case of /g/ botnet basically means proprietary
>>
>>52119450
Why do I care? Thank you Mr. Skeletal :v)
>>
>>52123384
same shit
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=792580
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909
>>
File: gbn1.png (127 KB, 1045x580) Image search: [Google]
gbn1.png
127 KB, 1045x580
>>52120202
>>52124113
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.